PDA

View Full Version : Please help. First trip to corona and promised friend on military leave some fish!!!

madooog1
04-19-2010, 11:27 PM
Any tips are appreciated. what to use and where to use it. my buddy is here on leave for 2 weeks and he wants to catch some fish while hes out here! THANKS!!!

Matt44
04-20-2010, 10:40 AM
i have been about 8 times in like the last 3 weeks lol i love it! but if you do shore anywhere along the stock tube to the damn is pretty awesome! i caught double limits fri and sat with chartreuse power worms and rainbow glitter powerbait. last week they seemed to love the red glitter salmon egg powerbait. buy the nitro eagle claw trout gravy in the garlic scent you will be sure to nail some. i got a 4 and a 6 pounder this past weekend. ohh and thomas buoyant lures as well with rainbow patterns were gettin strikes like crazy! use short leaders maybe like 12 to 16 inches. another way to fast limits is getting a row boat or a motor boat and hittin up the damn area works every time.

Poxy Boggards
04-20-2010, 10:46 AM
Short 8 to 12 inch leaders and green powerbait have been the trick. Stocking tube area is good from shore, if you get a bot try the stocking tube area and the eastern shoreline.

Good luck out there!