PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have info on Rock Creek lake or South lake

Astrolux
04-19-2010, 05:44 PM
Does anyone know if they will still be froze over by the opener. I hope to do a little ice fishing this year like we did last year. If anyone has any info let me know please.

sierraslam
04-19-2010, 10:44 PM
I'd bet my left one both lakes will be ice fishing only on the opener. of course, my left one hasn't had much use lately.

Sierra_Smitty
04-20-2010, 03:30 PM
South Lake has about 4ft of ice & packed snow on it. Will definitely be ice fishing. Unlike the past two years however, it will require a 1 mile walk to get from where the county stopped plowing to the lake. Sabrina is probably a better bet for easy access. Can't speak for Rock Creek Lake but I'd be shocked if it wasn't an ice cube as well.

oakboy
04-20-2010, 03:48 PM
Anyone now how the Rock Creek area will be around May 12-16? Im planning on doing a little hiking and fishing with my Dad. Also, anyone got any tips to make it as awesome of a trip as possible?
KP

Sierra_Smitty
04-21-2010, 03:56 PM
Anyone now how the Rock Creek area will be around May 12-16? Im planning on doing a little hiking and fishing with my Dad. Also, anyone got any tips to make it as awesome of a trip as possible?
KP

You might try here for Rock Creek specific info.
http://www.rockcreeklake.com/forum/