PDA

View Full Version : Take a buddy fishing day @ SARL 04-17-2010 TM65&CASTAWAY

CASTAWAY
04-19-2010, 09:50 AM
I read on SARL's website that they were doing two for one, you know, take a buddy fishing day. Well I thought that was a good offer. Offer we can't refuse. So asked my buddy Patrick(Troutman65) if he wanted to fish with me on that day. He said not sure but in the last minute he gives me a call and told me let's go buddy. So off we went. He picked me up at four in the morning. Got to the line. Already a bunch of people was in front of us. I guess everyone is taking their buddy fishing today. The line started at the pay booth. Course' you can't really tell from the picture.
http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq264/castaway06_2008/img1271692993379.jpg
They let us in at five in the morning because there were too many people in line. It was almost about to reach La Palma Ave. That was a smart move and we thanked them for doing that. It was still dark when we got in. The first spot we tried to set up at was over at Chris's Pond by the Three Pipes. But as we went down the steep bank to try and claim our spot a few dudes rushed over and pushed us out putting their rod holding into the ground. Can't they see I was standing there. I should've had my rod holders in hand while looking to claim a spot.(will remember that next time) So I told TM65 let's go over to the other side in the handicap area, it looks empty. He agreed and we head over there and yes, I got our spot.
http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq264/castaway06_2008/img1271692974247.jpg
We set up next to this cool dude. All his lines are already in the water. I grab my gear than I heard, "EFF... EFF... EFF..." I said, what's going on Pat? He said, I grabed the wrong tip to my rod. O crap. He wanted to go back out to get it but I told him there's no re-entry. O well, I'll do with what I got, he said. So five minutes later all our lines(my lines) are in the water and Pat got his in as well. The mornig start pretty slow but later as the sun started to rise the bite started. The guy next to us got the first fish in. I was next. Then the guy next to us pulls in one that look like it was atleast 4 pounds.:Shocked: after that I pull in two more before the nap. After the nap I pull one more in and by this time it was 10am, time to pack it up as I had plans. So the count is Me: four trout.
Pat: Skunk- but he will get em' next time I know....:Cool:
As we were leaving this Peacock was doing this;
http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq264/castaway06_2008/img1271692943981.jpg
Here's a shot of the fish I caught. Not bad. All of them faught like champs.
http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq264/castaway06_2008/img1271693305021.jpg
I had a blast fishing with you Patrick as always. Had two beers..... a sandwich. BTW, thank you for the beef sandwich. It was good. So next time you'll remember to bring the right tip right?:Smile:
I use a small J hook, green salmon egg/ trout worn combo dipped in garlic sauce with eighteen inch leader, and four pound test. Hope this helps and thank you for reading.

Note: it was freakin' packed today......
Let's do it again Patrick buddy.....

Troutman65
04-19-2010, 12:47 PM
Thanks for posting the report CASTAWAY. Had fun wetting a line . Lets do it again soon buddy :Cool:

Slick Rick
04-19-2010, 01:09 PM
Glad you bagged some fish! The main lake seemed VERY slow all day... I didnt see much of anything landed near the Bubble Hole. I tried to switch up to Chris Pond but it was packed!

Thanks for the report,

Rick

Mondo21
04-19-2010, 01:12 PM
Nice going out there Guys. It's always nice to fish with Friends. Thanks for the report and pics. Cindy:Big Grin:

CASTAWAY
04-20-2010, 01:43 AM
Thanks for posting the report CASTAWAY. Had fun wetting a line . Lets do it again soon buddy :Cool:

Always a pleasure fishing with ya bud....

CASTAWAY
04-20-2010, 01:45 AM
Glad you bagged some fish! The main lake seemed VERY slow all day... I didnt see much of anything landed near the Bubble Hole. I tried to switch up to Chris Pond but it was packed!

Thanks for the report,

Rick

I don't really fish the bubble hole much. It was nice to be out on the lake though. Hopefully more fish for everyone next time.:Cool:

CASTAWAY
04-20-2010, 01:47 AM
Nice going out there Guys. It's always nice to fish with Friends. Thanks for the report and pics. Cindy:Big Grin:

Thanks for reading M21. Maybe I'll see you out there someday. Glad you like the pix.:Big Grin:

Thisfool
04-20-2010, 02:18 AM
nice fish man way to go

what is that larg black spot on the second fish from the left it looks like a chunk of skin is gone

CASTAWAY
04-20-2010, 10:23 AM
nice fish man way to go

what is that larg black spot on the second fish from the left it looks like a chunk of skin is gone

That black spot you're referring to is where the scales came off the fish. The skin is still there. White on the outside and black on the inside it appears.:Big Grin: Thanks for reading...

saintarv
04-21-2010, 03:55 PM

Nice going guys. Wish I was there. Wait a minute I take that back I was there fishing at night with my son. It was packed too for night fishing. We ended up with 9 fish.

Patrick I hope you were talking about wetting a fishing "line". LMAO

Troutman65
04-21-2010, 04:34 PM
Nice going guys. Wish I was there. Wait a minute I take that back I was there fishing at night with my son. It was packed too for night fishing. We ended up with 9 fish.

Patrick I hope you were talking about wetting a fishing "line". LMAO

Saint, Saint, Saint, your killing me smalls . :LOL:

The three of us need to go fishing soon. I must learn your SARL :Secret:. :LOL:

Thanks for reading Buddy . Get it together and lets FISH !!!

CASTAWAY
04-22-2010, 12:36 PM
Yeah let's go!!!! LOL :Cool:

Troutman65
04-22-2010, 12:39 PM
Yeah let's go!!!! LOL :Cool:

Yeah Saint , Let's roll . !!!