PDA

View Full Version : bassin at murrieta fishin hole 4/18/10

largemouthlad
04-18-2010, 09:45 PM
21928Today after church I hit up my local pond with a friend of mine for a few bass.
Got there around 11:30 and started pitching the reeds and I caught three 10 inch largemoputh.
Then I caught some crawdads and my buddy hooked two small bass flylining them in open water.
After that we went back to flipping the reeds with your pegged texas rig plastics.

Then around 2 o clock I was flipping these set of reeds and felt a really lite bite and thought it was
a smaller fish. I go to set the hook and this big bass goes crazy and starts thrashing around in the reeds. I was ok line wise because I had 55lb spiderwire.The fish finallly settlles down and I jumped in the tullys and grabbed her. My buddy was in awe at the size of the bass and especcially where I caught it. She was in about 8 inches of water propably spawning.She weighed around 8 lbs.

Then we went to your secret spot and saw this male bass sitting on a bed in the reeds. I tell my buddy to cast on it so he does and the male shys off and swims away and not even one second later the female comes out of nowhere and inhales his bait. He froze up so I told him to set the hook. She weighed around 4lbs. All bass were released to fight another day

It was a pritty cool day and cant wait in a few weeks when the top water bite turns on.

Will put some pictures up when I figure out how to get them off my cell phone

Myno.1sport
04-19-2010, 11:49 AM
Damn son thats a nice one for there. Congrats! I like that little hidden spot...

Hog
04-19-2010, 12:00 PM
NOW THAT A HOG. YOU SURE GOT A NAK FOR THE BIG ONE. NICE JOB AND PLEASE KEEP IT UP....

LIVEN FOR THE HOGs

goseango
04-19-2010, 01:01 PM
Very nice fish. You might wanna be careful showing the exact spot you caught it. If she is on a bed I guarantee there will be at least 10 lurkers/posters from this site at the pond today trying to catch her. They might need to take a number ....lol

largemouthlad
04-19-2010, 01:32 PM
Trust me I wouldnt take a picture right where I caught her. Also when I caught the fish some people asked me if they could have it to eat it but I said no. Many people dont understand how much those big fish contribute to the population, and its catch and release anyways and I wouldnt want to eat anything out of there with the run-off they get anyways. what Im trying to say is there needs to be a CDFG down there checking peoples licenses and making sure they are not taking the fish. It would sure help the population and the fishing pressure.

fishntime
04-19-2010, 01:44 PM
Damn son thats a nice one for there. Congrats! I like that little hidden spot...

X2 what he said.

fishcatcherr
04-19-2010, 03:03 PM
That place is the best around this time of year. Nice fish.... Never tried eating LMB but i heard the big ones taste gross anyways. I live in Murrieta. Hit me up if you ever want to go fish. I know some hidden spots around town.

largemouthlad
04-19-2010, 05:24 PM
That place is the best around this time of year. Nice fish.... Never tried eating LMB but i heard the big ones taste gross anyways. I live in Murrieta. Hit me up if you ever want to go fish. I know some hidden spots around town.

Sure, sounds good !

Catch 'n' Release
04-19-2010, 05:48 PM
Lol be careful @ night there the beavers are FKN spooky!!!

fishcatcherr
04-19-2010, 08:30 PM
Man went for a walk with the baby and gf today. Saw TONS of goldfish. About 10 dead ones and 5 live ones. Im about 90 percent sure thats illegal and i heard its really bad for small ponds cause when they die they make some bad bacteria or something like that. Not saying its you lol just saying thats pretty crappy of people.
You ever fish harveston?

largemouthlad
04-19-2010, 09:18 PM
Man went for a walk with the baby and gf today. Saw TONS of goldfish. About 10 dead ones and 5 live ones. Im about 90 percent sure thats illegal and i heard its really bad for small ponds cause when they die they make some bad bacteria or something like that. Not saying its you lol just saying thats pretty crappy of people.
You ever fish harveston?

Yep, I have not been there in a while but I do good there on flukes and drop shoting.
I heard the harveston lake managers put some type of weed killer in it on occasion and some of the fish die off .

MIKE Q
04-19-2010, 09:23 PM
Damn, nice fish! :Shocked:

goseango
04-20-2010, 10:28 AM
The weed kill does not usually harm the fish( might give lock jaw for a few days). Harveston had a fish kill last summer due to a bacteria that infected the fish and a the aerators breaking did not help either.

NooB SaBass
04-29-2010, 12:09 PM

X2 I didnt know any fellow Murrieta anglers really went there, hit me up any time...

Matt_Magnone
05-07-2010, 11:12 PM
i spent a lot of time fishin pond park and just about all other 14 ponds in temecula . definately a good one out of there dude! good job!!! next time bring your swimbait stick and you'll be surprised!

the unofficial record that i know of is around 14 pounds on the digital. i wouldnt be too worried about keeping that place a secret its a little late. the place has gone downhill since about 2006. ask goseango, he can totally vouch for that.

bummer.

spoon2610
05-08-2010, 02:50 PM
Dude I use to fish that spot all the time in the early 90's but now I just go to harveston. Last week i saw someone at Harveaton take a smaller unit LMB out of there and i sent my son to tell them to put it back. They told him to shush, I daym near flipd out. That pond you fish is gated so it should be safe from lurkers. LOL. I just jump the fence! JK.... great job on the catch.
this question is for anyone, what should i do if someone takes a LMB from the pond or Harveston? I dont wanna catch a case. LOL

BobStevens
05-08-2010, 03:08 PM
where did you get the crawdads?
thanks
Bob

goseango
05-08-2010, 09:44 PM
Pond Park is posted as a C n R so call the city/dfg/cops etc... Harveston is not posted as C n R so best you can do is educate them as to why C n R is important. If that does not work walk over and dump their bucket....LoL

Dude I use to fish that spot all the time in the early 90's but now I just go to harveston. Last week i saw someone at Harveaton take a smaller unit LMB out of there and i sent my son to tell them to put it back. They told him to shush, I daym near flipd out. That pond you fish is gated so it should be safe from lurkers. LOL. I just jump the fence! JK.... great job on the catch.
this question is for anyone, what should i do if someone takes a LMB from the pond or Harveston? I dont wanna catch a case. LOL

spoon2610
05-09-2010, 12:50 AM
I wanted to rip the stringer outta thier hands but i dont wanna catch a case LOL!
Pond Park is posted as a C n R so call the city/dfg/cops etc... Harveston is not posted as C n R so best you can do is educate them as to why C n R is important. If that does not work walk over and dump their bucket....LoL

largemouthlad
05-09-2010, 05:04 PM
I tride to get a hold of dfg in their offices in ontario twice a few weeks ago and they have not called me back

oscarsx
05-09-2010, 06:24 PM
thats a very nice fish man, looks like you got yourself a nice spot to fish at.

just for future refernece, black out or dissort your background. We have a lot of lurkers on these forums, last thing you want is all kinds of peeps fishing it out.