PDA

View Full Version : Finally... Fishing DVL

RenegadeII
04-18-2010, 05:48 PM
Went fishing at DVL with my buddy Jeff. It only took 5 hours the day before of cleaning his garage and boat out, fixing the trolling battery cables, connecting a new starting battery, towing it to the gas station to fill with gas, pumping air in the trailer tires, attempting to start the motor for an eternity before finally blowing out ten tons of black gunk.... at last victory! Then spending even more time drying everything out so we can't be turned away by the DVL inspection crew. Confusion as to departure time the next morning... no worries. One hour drive to the lake and stop at the lower gate to check motor for water and it's still pouring out from the last night issues. Towel dry it, blow dry it, tilt it up, tilt it down... you would think 75 mph on the freeway would have blown the water out already. Nope! Inspection goes well and finally we are in the water headed for our favorite spots. It might sound like I'm complaining, but hell I would have mowed his lawn, too, if it meant fishing DVL the next day. The day was tough, same day as the ABA tournament. No fish on drop shot??? But, we were able to scrape together a few decent fish sight fishing. Wind made that difficult at best. Not the numbers we wanted, but now that the boat is all ready we'll have an easier go of it the next time.