PDA

View Full Version : BBL Report 4-18

FSHNLIC
04-18-2010, 04:59 PM
I thought I'd hit up the BBL inlets before the spawners are long gone. Didn't get an early rise so when I arrived at Grout Bay there was no room. We hit up Windy Point, the big red house by the dam, and Boulder Bay. There were a few cruising in Boulder Bay, but they did not want to play today. We did not get a single bite and thought we were going home with the infamous white stripe.

Made our way back to Grout and found that most had left. My son hooks up right away with a nice 15 incher on a crappie jig to rid him of his skunk. I shortly followed up with a smaller 13 incher. Just when we thought the slay was going to happen...the bite shuts down and we did not get another bite. By the looks of things... many of folks filled up their freezers with spawners... looks like its gonna be the Big Bear bait n wait thing until next year.

Good Luck
FSHNLIC

LuvThymetal
04-18-2010, 10:41 PM
Nice way to beat the skunk!!

Markymark13
04-18-2010, 11:47 PM
great report. You beat the skunk and you got out with your son! thats always great plus im sure the weather was beautiful up there.

diamondbear
04-19-2010, 08:35 PM
Your son caught more fish than I did this weekend , ha

Troutman65
04-19-2010, 10:17 PM
Nice trout in the photo . There should be plenty of trout up there to catch . I hope . Thanks for posting

TroutOnly
04-19-2010, 10:22 PM
Thats cause you were in the wrong spot steve,,,lol,,,,,,,if you were at big bear you should know were they sre this time of year,,,,,,

diamondbear
04-20-2010, 08:31 PM
Bob , I was at the rifle range all weekend shooting my M1 GARAND .

Piss on Myspace
04-21-2010, 03:21 PM
Nice going out there mang. with being stuck at the house sick, i can hear that drag screamin from them full finned bows. but its weird how the bite just shuts off huh? that happened a few different occasions out there now. You think it has anything to do with releasing them? maybe u should have stocked your freezer like most of the people out there. jkjk
and btw... we need to get Mitch a new hat asap!