PDA

View Full Version : Even More Duct Cats

yolo
04-18-2010, 03:07 PM
Had a couple of hours to kill mid day so I hit the duct for 2 hours again with a buddy. I wanted to use my light set up with 6 lb test and small spinning reel. On my first cast working the bait with the current it didn't take more than a few minutes and I had a good one on. It was great action on the light set up and was making some good runs with the wide open flow. I land it and it's a fat and long channel cat. Looks like the one that shook off for me yesterday. My buddy hooks up and lands a smaller channel. I work it some more and hook up right after him as I am handing him my gripper. I land another one about the same size as the friends. Almost a double hook up.

So i keep working the area and I hook up again. I am letting it take slack and set the hook. the battle is on and land it. It is bigger than the previous 2 but a little smaller than the piggy. We work the area for a little longer and no more biters.

We move on down and start to work another stretch. Nothing for some time but we keep going and going and going and working it. Finally about a 1/4 mile down I get a hit, hit and let some slack and I see the line take off and set the hook. Land it and that is it for the short time we were there.

I couldn't release any of the fish because they all were very aggressive and ate the hook to their stomachs almost. My friend took the big one and I gave the other 4 to a security guard we came across. Man he was so stoked. He said he couldn't wait to get home and have a fish fry.

The bite doesn't seem to be slowing down at all. Keep in my this was high noon and I was killing them. I can't imagine what a night time mission would produce. It is a blast on the light tackle.

http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo144/JetSkiJunkie118/Duct%204-18-10_catfish/IMG00135.jpg