PDA

View Full Version : 4/17/2010 Topock Guide Trip

Big B
04-17-2010, 11:43 PM
Mom, Dad, my son Ruben, and myself fished with Captain Doyle today and I must say we had a great time! Started at 7am in topock under the bridge for sight fishing smallies. Moved down river into a nice bay for Redear, smallies, largemouth, mammoth Bluegill, and sight fished a catfish and finished the day with a couple of Stripers.
Total for the day:
8 Smallmouth to 2.5# dropshot and wacky rigged robo worms and senkos
10 redear & bluegill to 1# on crawlers
1 catfish 2.5# crawlers
2 stripers to 2.5# shad fluke
slow but fun day on the river
will post the pics when my parents send them to me!
Big B

Trout 1
04-18-2010, 07:30 AM
Sounds like fun! I cant wait to go for stripes!!

Trout 1

TopwaterTony
04-19-2010, 08:31 PM
I think I saw you guys coming up the river when we were headed down. I also saw your guide the day before as well coming up the river. Sounds like you guys did a little better than us, you about doubled the catches, but we did manage to get a 3.3 lb smallie and a 1.5 lb redear in the mix that got some high fives. Good job on the catching ... tight lines

Big B
04-20-2010, 03:30 PM
You saw us what boat were you on I probably saw ya! What did you get your fish on?

TopwaterTony
04-21-2010, 07:34 PM
You saw us what boat were you on I probably saw ya! What did you get your fish on?

In a Pro 16 bass tracker. I have a home made rod holder so we would have had 5 or so rods standing straight up. I recognized your guide both days he was out when we were there. We got ours on an assortment of things. Worms, creatures, cranks, and the big smallie took the double prob buzzer. Lots of short bites on spinners but we didn't land any on them unfortunately.

Big B
04-23-2010, 03:20 PM
I remember seeing a tracker motoring by us. How well does your boat fish? been on the Basspro shops website looking at them for the future actually looking at the Grizzly 1860cc.

TopwaterTony
04-23-2010, 09:39 PM
I remember seeing a tracker motoring by us. How well does your boat fish? been on the Basspro shops website looking at them for the future actually looking at the Grizzly 1860cc.

We ran it in the shallowist I have before that weekend. We pulled up the trolling motor so it didn't hit but I would be willing to say we were in foot and half of water getting back in those little lagoons. I love it for what I paid. It's well worth it. The only thing that I wasn't happy with initially is the stock battery always drains to quick using the trolling motor. I added a second one right before that trip, both days and using the motor against the river current and it didn't even flintch.