PDA

View Full Version : Perris Lake 4-17-2010

bassguy
04-17-2010, 11:20 PM
Let me start of by saying this was a day of firsts. More on that later.

I spoke with Rambogottafish a couple weeks ago, he asked if I wanted to fish on his boat this weekend, absolutely. He stated he wanted to fish Perris Lake. Arrived at his house just before 6:00 am, we arrive at the lake to near perfect conditions, air temp 57*, water temp 63*, a slight breeze, and only a few boats.

We immediately headed to site 11/ 12, since last time I fished Perris, water levels have risen several feet, the tullies, and willows on the shore line running north to south are now submerged, creating a nice habitat for bass.

Rambo’s bait of choice was the Yamamoto Fat Ika, mine was the 5” Senko. My second cast, tight into the tullies, I land my largest fish of the day, a 4.5 lber. Continuing to work the shallows, we combined to land 7, ranging from 2- 3 lbs 10oz, with several fish farmed.

Since the Senko and Ika bite slowed, Rambogottafish suggested, I throw a spinner bait. Here, is where the firsts began I mentioned at the beginning. Recently I purchased 2 new rods, I had yet to catch a fish on. Also, I have yet to land a fish on a spinner bait. After throwing the spinner bait for about 30 min for nothing, I decided to see how weed less they really are. I tossed it into some of the nastiest water I could find, heavy tullies, bushes, and other growth, after several casts fish on, land my first spinner bait bass, just over 2 lbs.

Fishing slowed in 11/ 12, we decided to head over to the dam. Here, Rambo strikes first, landing multiple fish on the Ika, Senko, and a first for him, a spinner bait fish. I landed one on the drop shot.

Looking to get off the water soon, we decided to try one last location. We decided to head south of the island, targeting water between 10- 20 ft, our weapon of choice was the drop shop. Here, we both landed fish, ending a great day.

Out totals tallied to 15 combined fish, farming close to 10 fish between us. Both of us landing our first spinner bait fish, and continued educating our selves on new techniques and locations. As always, it’s a privilege, to be invited on Rambogottafishe’s boat, and had a blast fishing several of my favorite techniques. Chris, thanks again for a great day, look forward to doing it again soon.

Rambogottafish pics
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk38/davidhalverson/4-17ram-2.jpg

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk38/davidhalverson/4-17ram.jpg

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk38/davidhalverson/4-17ram-4.jpg

Bassguy pics
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk38/davidhalverson/4-17d-2.jpg

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk38/davidhalverson/4-17d-4.jpg

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk38/davidhalverson/4-17d-3.jpg

fishmounter
04-17-2010, 11:35 PM
Very cool you guys! Looks like you're in Florida in that 2nd to last pic. The water really has come up! Let's hope it doesn't drop anytime soon so the baby bass have some cover for a while.

Markymark13
04-17-2010, 11:58 PM
Great report very informative! I need to get back out there soon! Way to go.

Socal Bassman
04-18-2010, 12:10 AM
Sounds like you guys had a blast out there. I still remember when that lake was full, it had a good spinnerbait and buzzbait bite. Mostly in the east end where there was submerged timber. Sorry we missed you guys out there, but I kinda had my hands tied.

bassguy
04-18-2010, 12:16 PM
Very cool you guys! Looks like you're in Florida in that 2nd to last pic. The water really has come up! Let's hope it doesn't drop anytime soon so the baby bass have some cover for a while.

I have never fished in Florida, but from pictures I have seen, I could imagine it woulds be similar.

Great report very informative! I need to get back out there soon! Way to go.

Thank you, yesterday was some of the best fishing conditions I have experienced at Perris, Senkos is one of my favorite baits.

Sounds like you guys had a blast out there. I still remember when that lake was full, it had a good spinnerbait and buzzbait bite. Mostly in the east end where there was submerged timber. Sorry we missed you guys out there, but I kinda had my hands tied.

Hey SoCal, we had a blast yesterday. I have not seen the lake with this type of structure, hope the water levels stay up, should help the bass population.

Megsdad
04-18-2010, 04:47 PM
Great report bassguy!!!!
loaded with great info and some really nice fish pics. Sounds like you had a very productive day, congrats! Believe it or not, I am still looking for my first spinner bait fish out at Vail; I have probably lost more spinnerbaits in the sticks than any angler on the planet, but not one fish. keep it up man, nice report,

Joe

Newfishsmell
04-18-2010, 09:24 PM
Nice going Bassguy , looks like you guys had fun ...

LuvThymetal
04-18-2010, 10:23 PM
Great job out there guys!

Fire Ball
04-18-2010, 11:01 PM
Those are some nice Perris bass, bassguy. I need to tube there sometime.

calico killer kevin
04-18-2010, 11:21 PM
Wow, never seen structure like that at Perris before.
I wanna go throw a frog in there sooo bad...

bassguy
04-19-2010, 06:42 PM
Great report bassguy!!!!
loaded with great info and some really nice fish pics. Sounds like you had a very productive day, congrats! Believe it or not, I am still looking for my first spinner bait fish out at Vail; I have probably lost more spinnerbaits in the sticks than any angler on the planet, but not one fish. keep it up man, nice report,

Joe

I also lost 2 spinner baits at the dam, they are fairly weedless, but the rocks we're not so kind.

Nice going Bassguy , looks like you guys had fun ...

We had a blast, fishing structure is something I really enjoy.

Those are some nice Perris bass, bassguy. I need to tube there sometime.

Fireball, if you head out to Perris, take your boat, it's a much larger body of water than the Lagoon. Trust me, you will want to fish locations to far to kick to in your tube.

Wow, never seen structure like that at Perris before.
I wanna go throw a frog in there sooo bad...

I kept telling Chris I wanted to throw a frog, I started catching fish, so I abandoned the thought. Guaranteed, I will throw a frog next time I fish there.

Fire Ball
04-19-2010, 11:37 PM
Fireball, if you head out to Perris, take your boat, it's a much larger body of water than the Lagoon. Trust me, you will want to fish locations to far to kick to in your tube.

Alright, thanks for the tip. I hope to fish it sometime this year, but I'm not sure if it will happen.