PDA

View Full Version : Wife's First Fish at Puddingstone 4-17-10

bowler
04-17-2010, 03:55 PM
Left the house around 11:30 stop on the way to pick up my trap that i left in a creek to get some crawdad. Pulled in the trap and i had 5 crawdads in there so i was good because i we had garden worms that i got from my parents house and my wifes house. So parked at the park and ride and rode our bikes into sailboat cove. Went over by the lifeguard dock but i did not like the area because some one else was in the spot that i want so we move over to the other side to docks. I set up my wife with a slip bobber with one of the earth worms under it. And i set up a crawdad on with no weight. We my wife was getting a few hits but nothing would take. The guy in the middle of the two piers was getting a few redear here and there. So i took off her bobber and just fly lined the worm out there. nothing by the docks so we moved 20 feet towards the point and i could see the fish in the water so tossed out her worm and hand it to her and she got hit she set the hook and at first i thought it was a trout but then i saw it it was a small bass about 10" or so.
http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac21/bowler23_99/Mobile%20Uploads/0417001349.jpg
So we tossed it back in and i put on another worm on. Tossed it out in the same spot got hooked up right away but we lost it. Well in all that time i did not get one hit on crawdads.

Wife:
1 small bass

Husband:
skunked

Later tonight we are hitting up NPH so i hope i can get my skunk off then.

MIKE Q
04-17-2010, 09:13 PM
What up Greg. At least you guys beat the skunk.:Big Grin: I can't believe you didn't get anything on the trusty dads. Cool post and better luck next time. I really like your pink bike in the back ground. :LOL: Talk to you soon.

flyngby
04-17-2010, 09:55 PM
Wife seems to punk you wherever you go!

Steve

bowler
04-18-2010, 09:48 AM
I really like your pink bike in the back ground.
that is my wifes bike mine is behind her so you can not see it in the picture.