PDA

View Full Version : Skunk @ Casitas x2

McFingers
04-17-2010, 03:45 PM
Got skunked AGAIN at Casitas...thats the 5th time in a row. Getting a little desperate / annoyed.

Got there @ 8 AM line in water. Was fiching cove and dock betweenn Coyote Launch ramp and G Campgrounds. Nada. Saw lots of carp there. They are spawning ALL ALONG the north shore. Its amazing really. SCHOOLS OF 5+ LB CARP!!!

Anyway, some dude caught a 2lber on his first cast. Lucky Guy.

Moved to the cove across from the Main Ramp and fished there all the way back into the shallows. Nada, just more carp.

Moved to the Docks around the marina. Saw about a 1 or 2 dozen bass, mostly less than a lb and on beds. I did see 3-4 that were easy 5lbs, 1 was probably 10 and another like 7-8. Couldnt get them to bite. Threw everything I had in my tackle boxes. The only thing they were interested in was the 6" Castaic Swimbait, but by the time they started to swim towards it, I was in too close to the shore and they wigged out.

Moved again up into wadleigh, but the wind was up, my spirits were down, and my stomach was EMPTY!!

****** day for me, great for people trying to catch carp. Oh Well. Maybe someone had better luck!!

Till next time!

Agro
04-17-2010, 10:04 PM
Try putting a white gitzit tube on the beds. They have been eating them up pretty good.

Rabbito
04-17-2010, 10:20 PM
I fished from 5-7:30 pm yesterday 4/16/10, for the skunk too, saw one guy catch 2 off a baby spook. I havent been there for over 2 weeks. looks like the fishing slowed.