PDA

View Full Version : Duct 4-16-10

yolo
04-17-2010, 07:04 AM
Hit the duct locally in the AV with ferno yesterday early evening for a couple of hours. First spot nothing. 2nd spot I get hit close to the edge and hook one. After a short battle because I didn't let it get back into the middle, deeper water, it is thrashing on top and shaking violently. I do land it and take a quick pic with my phone because it was a C&R day for me and I wanted to get it back in the water asap. It starts shaking violently while taking the pic as you can see by the blur and the S shaped twist in the body. The pic doesn't do it justice but it was a very thick and healthy 8lbs.

A few minutes later ferno hooks one on the KPN and has it in his sites near the edge but it gets off. A while later, the final hit and hook up happens to me on the Rapala X-Rap. I was throwing it with a light spinning set up with 6lb test. Once again the hit is near the edge. I hook it and the battle is on. At first it barely pulls but as I reel and pull with the rod, it comes to life and starts working me with the light set up. It's going to the middle and deep and not wanting to slow down. I just hold on and it finally turns but runs some more and then I feel the slack line. I make a few cranks and can feel the lure is still on there. i was going to release it too but not that early, LOL. Interesting that two treble hooked fish get off but the jig hooked fish was not getting away.

No other biters and we called it a night around 10pm. There was no noticeable flow but we were not by any gate to visually see if it was open at all.

So it was good to get back on some stripers after a few weeks of no striper action.

http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo144/JetSkiJunkie118/Duct%204-16-10/IMG00128.jpg

Bassnman Mike
04-17-2010, 07:36 AM
Dude, you Rock!

Marine_Michael
04-17-2010, 09:39 AM
Great job out there once again.

yolo
04-17-2010, 08:40 PM
Thanks. It's always fun catching those linesides.

Fire Ball
04-17-2010, 08:52 PM
Nice fish, but the picture sucks, haha.

yolo
04-17-2010, 09:01 PM
Yeah well a lively, shaking fish in one hand and a blackberry in the other trying to snap a pic and this is what you get, lol.

trail blazer
04-18-2010, 08:33 AM
WTG YOLO,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Glad to see your STRIPER WOUNDS are getting better,,LOL

TRAIL BLAZER

yolo
04-18-2010, 02:48 PM
Thanks man.

CL SmooV
04-18-2010, 02:51 PM
nice stuff yolo!