PDA

View Full Version : Castaic after work on TAX Day in the Lowe Boat

fishinone
04-16-2010, 12:07 PM
Dan invited me to fish with him after work yesterday. Thank you Dan.

I met him at the launch ramp at 4:00. We headed out to the buoy line and anchored up.

The water was 60.5 degrees. The wind was light and we anchored without trouble.

It wasn't long before we started getting light bites. The fish were non-committal, bait stealing was the norm. I think it was bass and bait fish. After a few baits I got a tap that seemed like the right kind, waited for a little tension and swung for the stars.

Hook-up! This fish fought really well. It took my 4lb line and leader under the anchor rope and back around into my other line but I was fortunate and kept him untangled. After a few good runs fighting against the ultra light setup he came in and Dan netted him for me.

My guess is between 3 1/2 and 4 lb.
http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq265/fishinone/4-15-2010%20Tax%20Day%20after%20work%20with%20Dan/0415101653.jpg

We had a steady parade of light bites but couldn't convert them. About an hour later I hooked up another nice fighter. This one headed for the surface behind the boat and when it surfaced I complained "Awe it's a bass.".

We lipped it and took a picture.
http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq265/fishinone/4-15-2010%20Tax%20Day%20after%20work%20with%20Dan/0415101715.jpg
It had lots of battle scars on it's face. Castaic is a fish school.:LOL:

After this we had the steady light biters again. We headed in early and happy.

We talked to a few boats out there.

One guy was an FNN member. I can't remember his screen name and I only think his name was Arturo. He got one good flurry of bites at the buoy line and picked up a few fish.

A couple other guys in a nice formed aluminum tracker gave us a couple small striper. Thanks fellas!

Thank you for taking me fishing Dan.

P.S. I thought I would throw in a couple pictures of our neighborhood predator working.

Here he is eating cat food.
http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq265/fishinone/4-15-2010%20Tax%20Day%20after%20work%20with%20Dan/0416100744.jpg

He went after the squirrel but stopped when it decided to fight.
http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq265/fishinone/4-15-2010%20Tax%20Day%20after%20work%20with%20Dan/0416100744b.jpg

What a killer!

Fishbones
04-16-2010, 01:19 PM
great report ron...glad to see you made it out and caught your usual striper and largemouth....nice...

kinda funny how the squirrel is tryin to jack the cat.

trail blazer
04-16-2010, 02:29 PM
WTG my fellow striper killers!!!!!!

Eat Sleep Fish
04-16-2010, 03:16 PM
Good job guys. Atleast no skunk. That was me you saw out there, I was trying to tell you my name is Andre but maybe from a distance it sounded like Arturo LOL.

The fish have been real suspended as of late. You'll see great readings on the bottom but those aren't the fish you wanna mess with. It's the fish on the surface down to 40' that'll really bite.

fishinone
04-16-2010, 03:21 PM
great report ron...glad to see you made it out and caught your usual striper and largemouth....nice...

kinda funny how the squirrel is tryin to jack the cat.

:LOL: Those bass are by-catch but it beats the skunk.:LOL:

That cat is funny. He must have been ripped by a squirrel. He'll chase them if he can get them to run but if they stop and turn around he backs off. I think most of them have his number anymore.

WTG my fellow striper killers!!!!!!

Thanks TB.

That's nice.

I still want that trophy!:Razz:

fishinone
04-16-2010, 03:52 PM
Good job guys. Atleast no skunk. That was me you saw out there, I was trying to tell you my name is Andre but maybe from a distance it sounded like Arturo LOL.

The fish have been real suspended as of late. You'll see great readings on the bottom but those aren't the fish you wanna mess with. It's the fish on the surface down to 40' that'll really bite.

Hi Andre,

I'm sorry about forgetting your name. You told me your name and your screen name but I was drawing a blank today. How I could forget Eat Sleep Fish is a mystery to me.

That's good information about the depth. I caught the striper in about 40 ft. The bass was a little deeper. I was hopping my bait up and down the slope as the wind swung us around.

Lowe Boat
04-16-2010, 08:21 PM
Thank you for going fishing with me Ron. You were just the medicine the doctor orderd.
Lets do it again soon.

LuvThymetal
04-17-2010, 04:49 AM
Nice bass, thanks for the report.

fishinone
04-18-2010, 07:37 PM
Thank you for going fishing with me Ron. You were just the medicine the doctor orderd.
Lets do it again soon.

Let's do it. I'm sorry I missed your message on Saturday. I got a new cell phone "Blackberry", for now it's in charge.

Nice bass, thanks for the report.

The pleasure is mine!

CAPT'N
04-18-2010, 07:46 PM
Looks lie another nice day on the water, ,,,,,,,,,,,,

What was the water temp?

Capt'n