PDA

View Full Version : Lincoln park throw netter

phantom 34
04-16-2010, 09:29 AM
took my wife to the dmv yesterday to get her license renewed the wait was forever it seemed.so i decided to take a stroll through the park,i walked the saw a few people fishing(bait and waiters).the water was as dirty as ever nothing going on. i thought there would be more going on due to a trout plant scheduled.so i went back to the dmv and parked facing the lake and to my surprise i saw a guy pull a throw net out of his back pack.in front of the city workers tossed it out.i was parked for about 15 mins. and in that time he got about 5 or 6 tosses out.i've always heard of this stuff but thought people were just exaggerating. i guess you never know what you're gonna come across at a city park during the week.ok heres the question what do you do when you come across something like this?

Marine_Michael
04-16-2010, 09:40 AM
If it was me and I had a camera with me I'd try and get a picture of him in the act of throwing and maybe a closeup shot of his face for identification purposes. Once you have that you can try contacting the DFG to report the poaching. I wouldn't do anything to spook him so possibly they could be apprehended still in the act. If he leaves or if follow him and try and get a picture of his vehicles license plate to sent to the DFG as well.

Of course that only works if you have a camera with you capable of taking pics like that. Otherwise all you can do is call the DFG hotline and report it.

Sublime-Steve
04-16-2010, 09:45 AM
LIke a Super Spy n **** thats a kool idea but id just go tell him that thats wrong and if he gets cought he will get a serious *** fine maybe even jail time

FishinElectrician
04-16-2010, 10:05 AM
Nice avatar...

Marine_Michael
04-16-2010, 10:13 AM
LIke a Super Spy n **** thats a kool idea but id just go tell him that thats wrong and if he gets cought he will get a serious *** fine maybe even jail time

I've done that (warning them) a time or two and most of the time the person knows damn well that what he's doing is wrong and will usually get upset ad tell you to F**k off and mind your own business.

DarkShadow
04-16-2010, 02:46 PM
"Todavia piensa que esta en el rancho."

goodguy
04-16-2010, 02:53 PM
And why was DFG Cal tip not called? I'm gald you had fun watching and all, but something could have been done about it instead of you just being entertained!

phantom 34
04-16-2010, 05:39 PM
Nice avatar...

thanx bro gotta represent.

phantom 34
04-16-2010, 05:55 PM
And why was DFG Cal tip not called? I'm gald you had fun watching and all, but something could have been done about it instead of you just being entertained!

first off i wasn't entertained i was pissed.my first reaction was to go over there and let him know what he was doing was illegal.but the wifey gave me this story about how he was probably hungry and homeless and needed the fish for nourishment.i know that was bulls**t, she just didn't want me going over there possibly getting into a fight.then i texted my buddy ds and he recommended i go down to king torta and get the guy 2 hard shell tacos in exchange for his throw net.but again if he rejected my offer there might be madrasos thrown around so i left it alone.and if i called dfg they probably hang up on me and cal tip is not coming to the ghetto in east los.so there you have it good guy if you think you could've made a difference google lincoln park in east los angeles and go do your fishing vigalante and then post what happens.oh yeah that park is known "where you get your hand shook and your money took"

MIKE Q
04-16-2010, 11:10 PM
What up Phantom. A throw net????? That fool must have been really desperate for some grub. You should have just gave him the heads up on the Filet O Fish Fridays deal @ McD's $1.50. Damn that dude chanced getting popped for a few fish? :LOL: Sad times for some people or just being stupid.

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
04-17-2010, 01:42 AM
first off i wasn't entertained i was pissed.my first reaction was to go over there and let him know what he was doing was illegal.but the wifey gave me this story about how he was probably hungry and homeless and needed the fish for nourishment.i know that was bulls**t, she just didn't want me going over there possibly getting into a fight.then i texted my buddy ds and he recommended i go down to king torta and get the guy 2 hard shell tacos in exchange for his throw net.but again if he rejected my offer there might be madrasos thrown around so i left it alone.and if i called dfg they probably hang up on me and cal tip is not coming to the ghetto in east los.so there you have it good guy if you think you could've made a difference google lincoln park in east los angeles and go do your fishing vigalante and then post what happens.oh yeah that park is known "where you get your hand shook and your money took"
they never do come and playing batman isn't worth the hastle....let some other idiot play super captian save a trout...i agree with you phantom.....

What up Phantom. A throw net????? That fool must have been really desperate for some grub. You should have just gave him the heads up on the Filet O Fish Fridays deal @ McD's $1.50. Damn that dude chanced getting popped for a few fish? :LOL: Sad times for some people or just being stupid.

what? where?

DarkShadow
04-19-2010, 04:13 PM
then i texted my buddy ds and he recommended i go down to king torta and get the guy 2 hard shell tacos in exchange for his throw net.

Hey, sounded like a good idea at the time. Maybe if you would've offered him some flautas from Ciro's, he would've handed over the throw net.

oh yeah that park is known "where you get your hand shook and your money took"

Speaking of which, I picked up the ole lady from the USC Health Science campus over there the other day and I had parked on Valley and on our way back, I got hit up by a Veterano who wanted to borrow my Blackberry to "make a phone call to my folk to come pick me up."

I pulled 35 cents outta my ash tray and directed Vato of the Year 1989 to the nearest pay phone.

As I get in the ride, some other homie comes out of the public bathrooms, trying to sell me some bunk speakers in a plastic bag, with the remnants of the dash from the poor bastard's car who had just gotten jacked, still intact, all for $20. He even said he'd install them for an extra $10.

Gotta love Lincoln Park.

phantom 34
04-19-2010, 04:17 PM
Hey, sounded like a good idea at the time. Maybe if you would've offered him some flautas from Ciro's, he would've handed over the throw net.

Speaking of which, I picked up the ole lady from the USC Health Science campus over there the other day and I had parked on Valley and on our way back, I got hit up by a Veterano who wanted to borrow my Blackberry to "make a phone call to my folk to come pick me up."

I pulled 35 cents outta my ash tray and directed Vato of the Year 1989 to the nearest pay phone.

As I get in the ride, some other homie comes out of the public bathrooms, trying to sell me some bunk speakers in a plastic bag, with the remnants of the dash from the poor bastard's car who had just gotten jacked, still intact, all for $20. He even said he'd install them for an extra $10.

Gotta love Lincoln Park.
thats it thats the park i'm talking about.so come on on GOOD GUY go over there and play captain save trout

James<626>
04-24-2010, 07:54 PM
I know what would of worked. You should of went a little further "soto&whittier" & got some carne asada super nachos from carnitas michoacan/"24hrs" then offered to trade him for his net. I'm sure he would've went for that. Damn, I just made myself hungry.

phantom 34
04-24-2010, 07:59 PM
I know what would of worked. You should of went a little further "soto&whittier" & got some carne asada super nachos from carnitas michoacan/"24hrs" then offered to trade him for his net. I'm sure he would've went for that. Damn, I just made myself hungry.

damn i think i'm gonna hit that spot

Fishbones
04-24-2010, 08:06 PM
tacos or nachos arnt gonna do it thats not enuff food, trade the throw netter a manuels special burrito and a extra large horchata ....

thats good eating and will fill him up for a while

phantom 34
04-24-2010, 08:17 PM
tacos or nachos arnt gonna do it thats not enuff food, trade the throw netter a manuels special burrito and a extra large horchata ....

thats good eating and will fill him up for a while

i think a manuels special will take care of the whole familia.hahaha

fishincrave
04-24-2010, 08:26 PM
I just made myself hungry.
LMAO James.

Sean

Fishbones
04-24-2010, 09:06 PM
i think a manuels special will take care of the whole familia.hahaha

LoL....X2......

delmar
04-24-2010, 10:27 PM
Lol, I heard there use to be dead bodies in that pond. I always drive by it when i go visit my friend who live up the street from the dmv, and wanted to fish there. But I know there is some ruthless young gangsters who probably beat my *** and steal my fishing rod hahah, so i never fish it hahaha. Last time i was there, drinking up outside a drive by happend. So i agree with phantom if you want to be captain save a trout go right ahead. OH and the michoacan is bomb b!!!!!!!!!!!!! always gotta have my super nachos with those shredded beef and there big *** jalapeno! or tamales from king taco.

Fishbones
04-24-2010, 10:48 PM
OH and the michoacan is bomb b!!!!!!!!!!!!! always gotta have my super nachos with those shredded beef and there big *** jalapeno! or tamales from king taco.

i would not compaire the famous nachos to a K.T tamale......dont get me wrong....
i love the K.T tamales but i dont think there on the same level as the nachos...

Sublime-Steve
04-24-2010, 11:41 PM
ever been to big mikes in belflower?

Fishbones
04-24-2010, 11:46 PM
the bomb, that burger is amazing!!!!!...use to hang out at chucks performance welding with the hellraiser offroad crew
http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r428/AROCK1_photos/l.jpg

Sublime-Steve
04-25-2010, 10:16 AM
OMG.. Theres no way.. he finished a double big mikes.. + the fries Daaaaayuummm!!!

delmar
04-25-2010, 03:21 PM
i would not compaire the famous nachos to a K.T tamale......dont get me wrong....
i love the K.T tamales but i dont think there on the same level as the nachos...

I so agree with you, i would choose the nachos over the kt tamales any day! but there would be that one day where my stomach be fool from something else i and i just have to get something from east la, it be the tamales, but the majority of times im there its always the nachos! haha. i alway get a spoon after im done eating everything and just scoop the cheese up and just clear the box hahaha.

delmar
04-25-2010, 03:22 PM
the bomb, that burger is amazing!!!!!...use to hang out at chucks performance welding with the hellraiser offroad crew
http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r428/arock1_photos/l.jpg

dude one patty ill be dying already.