PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Washing Machine (I did an idiot move)

Markymark13
04-15-2010, 09:15 PM
Apparently their is a weight limit on washing machines and im the idiot who didnt know cause now our washer wont spin just makes a loud fast clicking like noise. :Head Bang: So does anyone have a washer for sale for a decent price as were not the richest people. Or does someone know what the problem is and how to fix it? Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Mark

bassmeister
04-16-2010, 06:04 PM
Sounds like your drive belt broke. Should be able to buy fairly cheap and if you are not mech. challenged should be able to fix it. Just loosen belt tensioner and replace.

Marine_Michael
04-16-2010, 06:28 PM
You're about 3 months too late I just sold one. I agree with Bassmeister that you should be able to fix the one you have. If not you need to let people know whether you need a gas or electric dryer. Also check Craig's list for deals just ask them to hook it up so you can make sure it works.

murrieta angler
04-16-2010, 06:55 PM
Apparently their is a weight limit on washing machines and im the idiot who didnt know cause now our washer wont spin just makes a loud fast clicking like noise. :Head Bang: So does anyone have a washer for sale for a decent price as were not the richest people. Or does someone know what the problem is and how to fix it? Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Mark

Mannn!!!
I just gave away a good one to the Salvation Army cause my wife wanted a bigger one. 2 weeks, too late!

Markymark13
04-16-2010, 07:28 PM
thanks guys! i appreciate the feedback. im going to look into the replacing of the belt.

Flying
04-17-2010, 12:31 AM
If the belt broke it wouldn't do anything. Some makes are also direct drive so you may not even have a belt.

Whats the Make and model number?
Do a search of this on Google. You can find parts diagrams,repair guides and all kinds of common problems. Also search"My ------ washer clicks during the spin cycle" All of this will give you a better idea of what you are up against.

Run a complete cycle and watch what everything does. How does the drum and agitator move during the wash.What does the spin do. Then go down to you're local appliance parts store and tell him/her. As for the standard traditional washer that most of have there are only a few different makers and the designs have been around for a long time so he/she will more than likely know exactly what you need. They see idiots like us all day long.:LOL:

Markymark13
04-17-2010, 04:31 PM
haha yeah im sure they do! Well the wife is actually excited cause now she has an excuse to use a credit card to get some used ones if we can find one within limit. I prefer just to try and fix it but we'll see. going to look up the model number and google it here in a min. thanks again everyone for all the help.

Swank909
04-18-2010, 10:08 AM
haha yeah im sure they do! Well the wife is actually excited cause now she has an excuse to use a credit card to get some used ones if we can find one within limit. I prefer just to try and fix it but we'll see. going to look up the model number and google it here in a min. thanks again everyone for all the help.

Fix it yourself, take the credit card and buy some fishing gear :P It's a win win:LOL:

deadsea
04-18-2010, 10:18 AM
Tell me what the brand and model number is and I’ll tell you what parts need to be replaced.
Or go to
www.alexanders-repair.com

kinguyen
04-18-2010, 11:26 AM
Hit up your local Craigslist. There's always deals on there and sometimes people give them away cause they move and cant take it with them

TaperSteve
04-18-2010, 01:00 PM
Speaking of idiot move yesterday one of my good friends calls me asking to borrow a snake. Guess he put a whole bag of old UNCOOKED rice down the garbage disposel. Well guess what? All the rice expanded and completely clogged everything from the sink into the wall. I couldnt find my snake so I have no idea what he ended up doing about it. L0L!!!

Markymark13
04-18-2010, 09:42 PM
oh man that sucks! Gotta just look back and laugh at the idiot moves we do in life.

Well I ended up just fixing the washer it was the motor cupling(sp?) i took it out and it was broke in half. Spent about an hour and a half trying to find a store open that carried the part but no luck apparently everyones closed on sundays now. So will be getting the part tomorrow.

Once again thanks to everyone for the help and support on this. When i first posted i didnt think i would get the help ive gotten. So thanks for being helpful.

Mark