PDA

View Full Version : The Big 26 , Fishing 4-14-10

ryryk
04-15-2010, 08:17 PM
Got a day off from work for once and decided i'd go give NPH a decent try.
Got to a spot i thought looked good on google maps but quickly lost 2 swimbaits and left the area.
LoL

Made a move to another location and there was some more open area but still lost a few lures.
So Plan C i move to a spot that is more open, maybe there's a flattie lying around, who knows?!
At this point i'm noticing i'm unprepared for this trip ... i needed to be wearing shorts at least.

Was throwing 3" wrathchild BH and Keylime on Chart. 1/4oz leadheads. Got 1 decent bite that i farmed quite well.
SO after a few hours i made a move northbound on PCH over to 72nd st. jetty.

Got there and started throwing my "go-to" keylime. Meanwhile my girlfriend is throwing the wrathchild right next to me.
Sure enough, on her 3rd cast she's bendo! :Envious:
The line popped when she was lifting it from the water so no pic. SKunk for me.

Oh yeah, It was my 26th birthday... sorry no tape measure pics :Wink:
no luck from the fish gods.

Better luck next time

Ryan

flyngby
04-15-2010, 09:46 PM
Happy B-Day Ryan!

You told the story with out the tape mesure pics. We all rebound and may your next trip to the OC treat you in a better way!

Steve

klocked
04-16-2010, 11:29 AM
Happy 26th Ryan!

There are a few places in NPH that will take your lures every time and for some reason I always get reminded the hard way every time.

murrieta angler
04-16-2010, 12:01 PM
Happy Belated Ryan,
Yeah, it is tough over there at NPH, unless you know the sweet spots.
Just remember that there is always this weekend to fish...
Good Luck,
Robert

Jaysuuun
04-17-2010, 01:03 PM
Ryan happy belated birthday. It reminds me of our first few outings. Tess was skunked on her first 2 outings to NPH and we lost a lot of lures(We stil lose some lures :Sad:). It takes some practice, but if you are persistent, you will be rewarded. :Cool:

FISHSTIX
04-17-2010, 07:10 PM
Happy belated, bummer bout the skunk.
Do you ever fish the surf north of the 72 st. jetty?

ryryk
04-19-2010, 05:03 PM
Ryan happy belated birthday. It reminds me of our first few outings. Tess was skunked on her first 2 outings to NPH and we lost a lot of lures(We stil lose some lures :Sad:). It takes some practice, but if you are persistent, you will be rewarded. :Cool:
I hate losing the lures. The lead heads i buy are 2 for $3.19 usually. It was pretty sad losing about 6$ in 10 minutes lol. Probably going to start painting my own! I'll be back out there, probably on a rental. I feel those eyes from the houses behind me watching their boat/dock to make sure i don't snag anything on it lol.
PM me your retrieve style on those swimbaits, i got a lot of moss and grass when i went out.

Happy belated, bummer bout the skunk.
Do you ever fish the surf north of the 72 st. jetty?

Haven't yet, planning on it soon though. Have you?

FISHSTIX
04-20-2010, 12:29 PM
yeah....
check your pm:Wink: