PDA

View Full Version : Looks like a wet opener!!!!!!!!!!!

my snuggles
04-15-2010, 05:37 AM
Have a question about the boat inspections for the opener, what happens if it rains on your boat, will DFG
take that in consideration during the inspection. I have 15 ft flatbottom Louisanna boat that I bring every year and never have a problem. Looking at the weather forecast it looks as if it will rain/snow all next week in
California. I don't think we have had any rain since the inspections have started, at least not opening day.
Does anyone have an answer to this dilema that most will have if it rains. will there be a chemical wash
that fishermen can get to verify cleanleness? appreciate all answers to this issue, I am sure others have not
thought about this.

vortec_cruiser
04-15-2010, 07:23 PM
I've often wondered about this same dilemma.

Sierra_Smitty
04-15-2010, 10:10 PM
Great question...although you're more likely to see snow than rain...but still, moisture on your boat is a big no-no for most socal inspections. Give the fish camp a call and see what they say. If Crowley is a no-go...hit Grant, BPR or Convict.

vortec_cruiser
04-15-2010, 10:22 PM
I can't see them turning away all boaters on opening day if it's raining. That would be a disaster.

hrnytoad102
04-17-2010, 07:53 AM
Im not sure but what they are most interested in is if the boat is dry on the inside, in the nook and crannies, engine water housing, rear plug, but u can go on dfg site and download inspection procedures.