PDA

View Full Version : El Dorado, Fisherman's dream that turned out to be a nightmare!!

toofastq
04-14-2010, 01:01 PM
Hello everyone,

Thanks for checking out my post. A few weeks ago I posted something on the board about fishing at El Dorado. Thanks to those of you that responded.

I finally made it out there with my boy yesterday. I had purchased some meal worms and was going to try my luck at trying to show my 2 year old some blue gill.

Here is where the dream began. As I approach the 2nd pond, going from the northern most pond being the 1st, I pull up to West side of the lake, and I see what I have been hearing about and reading about all these years.

Yes.. It is.. The Dept. of Fish and Game truck. It was about 11:30 am. I walk up to the guy driving the truck and ask him if he was making a drop off, and he tells me he already did. I'm not sure if I heard him right, but I think he said he just dropped off 900 lbs of rainbow trout.

From where the truck and I were I could see the trout jumping out of the water. It was AWESOME!! However, this is were the nightmare begins. None of the trout were interested in my meal worms, and the panther martins that I have been so successful with are all at home. I didn't end up staying that long. My 2 year old was done after like 30 minutes.
I will be back there with trout gear, and maybe I can get that skunk off my back.
Thanks for looking.

Tight lines.

Bradakas
04-14-2010, 01:03 PM
They're usually all over the spinners just after a stocking.

blackberg
04-14-2010, 01:54 PM
I had success with rigged trout worms on stocking day.

-bb

Stormcrow
04-14-2010, 02:01 PM
I would be Hucking an 8" Hudd

DarkShadow
04-14-2010, 06:10 PM
Try out the trusty mini jig.

Get it in 1/64 oz and with 2# test. Shad colored, or pearl. You'll have success.

old pudd fisher
04-14-2010, 07:19 PM
Thats to bad your trout gear was left at home, hope your boy got a gill.

Newfishsmell
04-14-2010, 09:28 PM
I've had that happen. Now , Anytime I go to the lake this goes with me, 8"x4" Plano tackle box , almost fits in my pocket.

Lures - kastmasters , panther martins , thomas buoyants and tube jigs .
Sizes - 1/8 and smaller .
Ultra light rod & 4lb line .

You know the old saying -
“Luck is a crossroad where preparation and opportunity meet”

Hope this helps

http://i948.photobucket.com/albums/ad324/everycast/GetAttachmentaspx.jpg

El Capo
04-14-2010, 09:34 PM
I've had that happen. Now , Anytime I go to the lake this goes with me, 8"x4" Plano tackle box , almost fits in my pocket.

Lures - kastmasters , panther martins , thomas buoyants and tube jigs .
Sizes - 1/8 and smaller .
Ultra light rod & 4lb line .

You know the old saying -
“Luck is a crossroad where preparation and opportunity meet”

Hope this helps

http://i948.photobucket.com/albums/ad324/everycast/GetAttachmentaspx.jpg

I have lived my life by that phrase for the better part of 25 years. That is a great little box!

old pudd fisher
04-14-2010, 09:41 PM
nice it looks like mine.

FishinElectrician
04-15-2010, 04:03 PM
A killer lure Ive used that works well after stocking is a 1/8 oz Mepps Syclops, in either Hot Chartruese or Hot Orange.

Ive had luck at many City Lakes with those lures.