PDA

View Full Version : Whats your favorite color mini jig?

Trout 1
04-13-2010, 11:05 PM
So I was just wanting some ppls intput on min jig colors. I use pretty much all brands and colors. So the question is whats you favorite color? My favorite colors this season have been pearl and pear/white orange/yellow.

Trout 1

vanillagurilla
04-14-2010, 12:27 PM
For clear water nothing beats grasshopper or firecracker shad. For dirty water I like green with orange sparkles and orange power worm trailer or white/yellow jig. Hey let meknow the next time your going to go trout fishing, id like to tag along plus I need to get out of this house haha.

Trout 1
04-14-2010, 03:08 PM
For clear water nothing beats grasshopper or firecracker shad. For dirty water I like green with orange sparkles and orange power worm trailer or white/yellow jig. Hey let meknow the next time your going to go trout fishing, id like to tag along plus I need to get out of this house haha.

Ok man fer sure....

billy b
04-14-2010, 04:15 PM
You guys are just tying on to the loop in the minijig ... using 2# What type and length of rod? And are you using anything to get out there from shore ... or keep it out of the weeds? A 1/32 or 1/16 jig seems kinda light and won't cast very far.

THANKS

Prowler_Tuber
04-14-2010, 04:20 PM
Pearl White with pepper on a 1/32 jig head.

vanillagurilla
04-14-2010, 04:27 PM
7'+ rod 2lb line ans 1/32oz. Jig 90% of the time.

BrandonFish
04-14-2010, 04:39 PM
yellllllllllllllllllow
chartreuseeeeeeeeee
pearlllllllllll piiiiiiiiiiiiink

Trout 1
04-14-2010, 04:42 PM
You guys are just tying on to the loop in the minijig ... using 2# What type and length of rod? And are you using anything to get out there from shore ... or keep it out of the weeds? A 1/32 or 1/16 jig seems kinda light and won't cast very far.

THANKS

PM me I will give you some tips on jiging.

Trout 1

jumpman
04-14-2010, 04:52 PM
pearl/yellow head and light grean with red glitter. great idea for a post andrew, loveing it.

Billy b. listen to these guys they know theyre stuff, they got me into it and i love it. Brandon knows his stuff and i fished with him sat. and trout 1 is great and very helpful, let us know if you wanna go jigging.

Trout 1
04-14-2010, 05:04 PM
pearl/yellow head and light grean with red glitter. great idea for a post andrew, loveing it.

Billy b. listen to these guys they know theyre stuff, they got me into it and i love it. Brandon knows his stuff and i fished with him sat. and trout 1 is great and very helpful, let us know if you wanna go jigging.

Thanks jason!!! Infact if anyone needs tips or help with jiging just shot me a pm I down to help anyone...

Trout 1

brownloveshark
04-14-2010, 07:24 PM
"Salt and pepper" (clear/smokey grey with silver and/or silver and black flakes)-a winner for me catching trout

Trout 1
04-14-2010, 07:39 PM
"Salt and pepper" (clear/smokey grey with silver and/or silver and black flakes)-a winner for me catching trout

Im going to have to try this color i have heard good things.....

Trout 1

tankdog
04-17-2010, 09:25 AM
what brand do you guys use? I use trout teaser and berkley tubes. Most of the colors are hard to find that you guys mention.

MIKE Q
04-17-2010, 02:47 PM
I usually have luck using the white and mean green jigs.

AngryAgent
04-18-2010, 10:20 AM
what brand do you guys use? I use trout teaser and berkley tubes. Most of the colors are hard to find that you guys mention.

You can find most of the colors you're looking for at the Longfin or Sav-On Tackle.

formosa
04-18-2010, 11:27 AM
So I was just wanting some ppls intput on min jig colors. I use pretty much all brands and colors. So the question is whats you favorite color? My favorite colors this season have been pearl and pear/white orange/yellow.

Trout 1
white, pearl/white glow, smoke, red/white, yellow/white,.....are my favorite colors.

Trout 1
04-20-2010, 10:20 PM
You can find most of the colors you're looking for at the Longfin or Sav-On Tackle.

So whats your fav color man??

Trout 1

IncredibleHuck
04-20-2010, 10:36 PM
Whatever the fish are biting that day! LOL

Trout 1
04-20-2010, 10:38 PM
Whatever the fish are biting that day! LOL

LOL true true but you dont have a goto color?

IncredibleHuck
04-20-2010, 10:55 PM
Well if I had to choose just one mini-jig to ever fish again it's be pearl. Hands down the best one. Back in the late 90's I used to fish Yellow a lot, but Pearl has taken over as my #1 jig. Fighting Frog is also another great color. Shad, Perch, Gree/red sparkle I was fishing for years before a lot of guys did and that was a great color for a few seasons. Roe also is good.

Trout 1
04-20-2010, 11:04 PM
Well if I had to choose just one mini-jig to ever fish again it's be pearl. Hands down the best one. Back in the late 90's I used to fish Yellow a lot, but Pearl has taken over as my #1 jig. Fighting Frog is also another great color. Shad, Perch, Gree/red sparkle I was fishing for years before a lot of guys did and that was a great color for a few seasons. Roe also is good.

All great colors right there!!! Im am also a big fan of pearl its my #1. Roe is a great color to!

Trout 1