PDA

View Full Version : Kayak Dent

Fish Bouncer
04-13-2010, 07:57 PM
So my new kayak from BPS came in today. It is the Ascend fs10 camo. Anyway, I got it off the truck put it in my garage and I notice a small concave under the kayak. It is right down the middle. It is not a dent, it looks like something might have been pushing it in and it stayed that way. My question is should I return it? I wanted to use it for the won tourney at irvine this weekend. Or is it fine the way it is? Can it be fixed? Your comments and answers are appreciated.

viperman100
04-13-2010, 09:54 PM
I'm no pro or expert on kayaks by any means, to me it sounds like this is more a visual blemish than an actual defect that would affect performance. Therefore it comes down to you, I dont thing BPS would deny you a replacment but are you willing to wait for it to be replaced or are you willing to live with the idea that you bought a new kayak and you received a defect product. I have also read online that you can warm up the plastic on the kayak to smooth out small dents so that is also a possibility.

Hopefully someone with some experience in repairing kayaks can cue in here, like I said I have no experience in kayaks, I just bought my first one recently but I did look up online some info on them and ran across a couple sites with repair suggestions.

mammoth xfactor
04-14-2010, 07:01 AM
set it in the sun for a little while. That will usually pop out any little concave or pressure dents.

Rob
www.mammothkayaks.com

Fish Bouncer
04-14-2010, 02:18 PM
Thanks a lot guys. You really helped me. The sun just popped it out. So it looks like im ready for saturday.