PDA

View Full Version : My wife first fish on a Swim bait (Newport Bay 4-12-10)

bowler
04-13-2010, 12:30 AM
My wife and I went to Newport Beach today after we went to go pick up a wedding video. We go to Newport a 9:30pm started fishing to island. We worked are way toward the ferry with no hits. Got to the ferry we start to fish to the right of the ferry by the fuel dock we both got hits around there but we could not hook up on what ever was hitting us. So we moved more down the ways fishing a long the docks. We got to a place where we could cast out a good ways to with a lot of room on both sides of us. I tossed out my wife line because she does not want to hit anything at night. So she was reeling it in she got hit so i told her to keep her pole up we got it in it was a Spotted Bay Bass about 10" it was her first fish on a swim bait. I keep on casting in the same spot and i got hit. I got in all the way to the shore but i came off when i went down to get it. Oh well it was about the same size as my wife bass. We left there at 11:00pm.

Here is the pick of my wife's Spotted Bay Bass on a swim bait. My wife is to scared to hold the fish.
http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac21/bowler23_99/Mobile%20Uploads/0412002238a.jpg

ryryk
04-13-2010, 07:51 AM
WTG! Recently put my girlfriend on her first swimbait fish... Pretty god feeling isn't it!?
Getting out there soon thanks for the report!

Ryan

fisherman from long beach
04-13-2010, 08:20 AM
congrats to the wifey,but she needs to hold the feeeesh.

bowler
04-13-2010, 08:22 AM
congrats to the wifey,but she needs to hold the feeeesh.

i will make her hold the next fish that she gets.

BrandonFish
04-13-2010, 12:33 PM
thanks for the report bowler.
least you guys got on a bite and caught a sbb thats what counts.
What type of swimbait were you using?

bowler
04-13-2010, 01:18 PM
i do not know my wife picked out the colors at the Fred Hall Show when we were there. She had no clue on what colors to pick so she picked the ones that looked pretty. That is what i get one you let the lady's pick the colors.

bones
04-13-2010, 01:42 PM
Good job getting her on a fish. I remember when I did the same thing.........Memories........

Tip........
Tape up her thumb for the next time so she won't be scared and her first "lipping" won't result in a sore thumb for a few days. That might discourage her from lipping them in the future. The tape will give her confidence.

Jaysuuun
04-13-2010, 02:56 PM
Tip........
Tape up her thumb for the next time so she won't be scared and her first "lipping" won't result in a sore thumb for a few days. That might discourage her from lipping them in the future. The tape will give her confidence.

That's a great tip! :LOL: They make fish tape in all kinds of colors to match the pretty colors of the swimbaits she picked out. Tess loves her purple fish tape. She can actually unhook her own fish now which is great because that means more fishing time for me. :Big Grin:

Congrats on your wifes first fish on the swimmie. Thanks for the report.

bowler
04-13-2010, 04:16 PM
Good job getting her on a fish. I remember when I did the same thing.........Memories........

Tip........

Thank for the tip now my wife want to go and get the tape and she hopes it comes in pink.

murrieta angler
04-13-2010, 04:45 PM
Good job getting out there Bowler with the Misses,
I'm looking forward to hitting the surf this weekend with the wifey.
Robert

carpanglerdude
04-13-2010, 04:50 PM
Way to go!

Tesserz
04-13-2010, 06:54 PM
Thank for the tip now my wife want to go and get the tape and she hopes it comes in pink.

Trust me... it comes in pink. :Wink: Great job using the pretty swimmies to get her on her first spottie! :Razz:

flyngby
04-13-2010, 08:13 PM
Congrats on the wife's first spottie!

The thumb tape work's great from what I hear from my guests on the "Spotted Fever" and comes in all colors!

Yesterday I had to assist my parked boat in letting a little water out of the hull! The drain plug was out so it did not make sense why it was filling with water! I then found some of the thumb tape was lodged in the drain! Just a heads up if you own a boat!!!!!!

Steve

bowler
04-13-2010, 10:15 PM
My wife wants to thank you all for the congrats on her first swim bait fish. We are planing on going back on Saturday to try again for some more SBB or even a halibut if we are lucky.
by the way this was the color of swim bait she was using.
http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac21/bowler23_99/Mobile%20Uploads/downsize-2-1.jpg

DockRat
04-14-2010, 06:33 AM
Good job on the fishin. Picked up a couple pink swimbaits at FH show.

Did she read this sentenced you typed ?

I tossed out my wife

Use caution when typing so you don't end up in the

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w310/mrt10x/doghouse.jpg
DR

bowler
04-14-2010, 08:09 AM
i see what you mean but i have line after the word wife. And trusted me she read the whole thing before i posted it so if there was a problem she would of told me.

bowler
04-14-2010, 08:40 AM
I forgot to post this report. My wife and I went down to Newport beach last month to do some bike riding and some fishing. We got there around 1pm. We rode our bike passed the ferry and started fishing around there with no hits. So we head over by where we parked and started fishing each street towards the bay. On the first street we stopped at we both got hit but i got mine in it was my first Halibut on a Swim bait. And they are the same swim bait my wife picked out. Here is the picture of the Halibut i got that day.
http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac21/bowler23_99/Mobile%20Uploads/0313001609.jpg