PDA

View Full Version : Wind,Rain,Limit Of Striper...oyeah!

Fishbones
04-11-2010, 08:11 PM
Ive been getting the striper bug for the last few weeks and finally had the chance
to slay a few jailbirds. I had been talking with CAPT'N aka scott and we have been
trying to set up a trip for a while now and finally got out on the water.
We originally had planned to fish pyramid knowing that there was a tournement and
it was bad weather but we still headed up there only to say screw this and turned
back for castaic instead. Launched the ranger17 and started our mission to the bouyline
for the day. The weather was really windy and had some cold rain that dropped thru
the day but we managed to bear with it and slay a way at the stripers.
There were only 5 boats out there in the crappy weather one of those boats was
the master himself T/O TroutOnly with a guided trip.
Bait of choice was fresh dines from gallions. It was tough to flyline a bait with such
conditions especially because the stripers were just nibbling and mouthing the baits
compaired to grab and run. We called it a day and were done with the wind and
rain with cravings of hot coffee and warm heaters. Scott your really cool peeps bro
and i had great time fishing with you and look foward to next time for sure,
hopefully fishinboy can make it out.
That custom striper sauce is amazing and slays the stripers for sure.
Heres a few pics of the catch after i got home before fillet time.
http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r428/AROCK1_photos/IMG_0186.jpg
http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r428/AROCK1_photos/IMG_0185.jpg
http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r428/AROCK1_photos/IMG_0189.jpg
Thanks again scott for the great day fishing and good company.
Fishbones

GeordyBass
04-11-2010, 08:20 PM
Nice Job man! You killed em!!!! Stripey Dinna for tonight!

Fire Ball
04-11-2010, 10:06 PM
Nice job slaying! It was nice meeting you and CAPT'N on Saturday. You are both awesome guys. I've always had the best days of striper fishing when it was rainy. Wind sucks though! I need to hit the Upper Lake soon for some jailbirds, but I think I'm going to be doing mainly LMB fishing for a while. I noticed that in the pictures that some of your stripers had pink in the jaw area, but some didn't. What's up with that?

Fishbones
04-11-2010, 10:22 PM
Nice Job man! You killed em!!!! Stripey Dinna for tonight!

thanks geordy, what happened to you....why didnt you go?.....i am so full of striper....lol

Nice job slaying! It was nice meeting you and CAPT'N on Saturday. You are both awesome guys. I've always had the best days of striper fishing when it was rainy. Wind sucks though! I need to hit the Upper Lake soon for some jailbirds, but I think I'm going to be doing mainly LMB fishing for a while. I noticed that in the pictures that some of your stripers had pink in the jaw area, but some didn't. What's up with that?

thanks fireball, it was a crappy on the lake but fishin was good. not sure why there jaws are pink....mabye from spawning?

Fire Ball
04-11-2010, 10:38 PM
thanks fireball, it was a crappy on the lake but fishin was good. not sure why there jaws are pink....mabye from spawning?

Ya, I was thinking something for spawning, but I'm not sure.

MarkyMark
04-11-2010, 10:43 PM
Good job there!! I decided to stay at home although I was constantly looking at the web cam..It looked calm but I didn't care for the cold ...Only 5 boats out there, huh??

Are the Gallions dines fresh frozen?? What's the difference between Gallions and the ones you can buy for 1.29 a pound at Seafood City??

MM

GeordyBass
04-11-2010, 11:05 PM
thanks geordy, what happened to you....why didnt you go?.....i am so full of striper....lol

i was gonna go but my dad wussed out cus a little rain and cold hahaha

solo trip for me maybe tues or wed

Sublime-Steve
04-12-2010, 01:58 AM
Were you @ big bear on friday near the dam?

trail blazer
04-12-2010, 05:33 AM
WTG BROTHER!!!!!!!

Nice j,birds

CAPT'N
04-12-2010, 07:44 AM
Fishbones,

it was fun fishing with you for the day. It was cold rainy and just a crappy day.
You definitely had the hot stick on the boat. Next time we will avenge the lowly striper on Pyramid.

Markymark: the Sea Food city Sardines work great if they are not frozen. Once the bait is complety frozen there are changes in the blood, which reduces their effectiveness. That being said, even the crusty old Anchovies got hit yesterday.Though we did have long periods with no bites---

Fireball
As far as the red on the striper, well fishbones gets kinda excited after he lands a fish, I will leave the rest to your imagination.

Fishbones,
2 weeks Pyramid!

Capt'n

Ray Lopez
04-12-2010, 08:18 AM
Fishbones,

it was fun fishing with you for the day. It was cold rainy and just a crappy day.
You definitely had the hot stick on the boat. Next time we will avenge the lowly striper on Pyramid.

Markymark: the Sea Food city Sardines work great if they are not frozen. Once the bait is complety frozen there are changes in the blood, which reduces their effectiveness. That being said, even the crusty old Anchovies got hit yesterday.Though we did have long periods with no bites---

Fireball
As far as the red on the striper, well fishbones gets kinda excited after he lands a fish, I will leave the rest to your imagination.

Fishbones,
2 weeks Pyramid!

Capt'n

lol yea i was gonna say Alex loves his fish a little too much sometimes.

good job out there guys!

Fishbones
04-12-2010, 12:22 PM
Good job there!! I decided to stay at home although I was constantly looking at the web cam..It looked calm but I didn't care for the cold ...Only 5 boats out there, huh?? MM

thanks MarkyMark, you were there via internet bro...it might have looked calm but it was crappy...

i was gonna go but my dad wussed out cus a little rain and cold hahaha
solo trip for me maybe tues or wed

LoL....yeah....yeah....blame it on pops.....haha....

Were you @ big bear on friday near the dam?

what? another fishbones sighting.....lol they say hes out there....lol
nope wasnt me....i was at work.....

WTG BROTHER!!!!!!!Nice j,birds

thanks bro im hooked on striper fishing now....DD here i come...

Fishbones,it was fun fishing with you for the day. It was cold rainy and just a crappy day.
Fishbones,2 weeks Pyramid!Capt'n

great times for sure scott....lookin foward to pyramid for sure
...those stripers were caught with red mouths already....i swear.....lol

lol yea i was gonna say Alex loves his fish a little too much sometimes.
good job out there guys!

LoL and they love me back......but not like that sicko ray.....hahaha.

kpn
04-12-2010, 01:33 PM
Scott & Alex,
You guys slaying em out there. Great job indeed!

KPN.

fishinone
04-12-2010, 03:31 PM
Congrats on the slay.

You were due to catch them.

Time fishing = fish

Fishbones
04-12-2010, 04:28 PM
Scott & Alex,
You guys slaying em out there. Great job indeed! KPN.

thanks khanh slay,slay,slay...

Congrats on the slay.
You were due to catch them.Time fishing = fish

thanks ron, next in line is a DD striper.

BrandonFish
04-12-2010, 04:46 PM
you guys nailed the striper's even with crapass weather WtG! :Wink:
"That custom striper sauce is amazing and slays the stripers for sure."
what is this custom stripey sauce??? :Twisted:
I may go fish that lake in 2 weeks with some fresh deens off the boat

Line 6 or 8 pound test?
size hooks?
and should we just fly line if there is no wind? or use a split shot or sliding sinker if so what size???

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-12-2010, 04:47 PM
nice job guys....slay em down and beer batter....Ohhhh Yeah...

Look for my beer batter recipe in the recipe's section...I guarentee you won't be dissapointed : )

Way ta slay...looks like a nice bag to me !

Salute !
Gary

Fishbones
04-12-2010, 05:31 PM
you guys nailed the striper's even with crapass weather WtG! :Wink:
"That custom striper sauce is amazing and slays the stripers for sure."
what is this custom stripey sauce??? :Twisted:
I may go fish that lake in 2 weeks with some fresh deens off the boat
Line 6 or 8 pound test?
size hooks?
and should we just fly line if there is no wind? or use a split shot or sliding sinker if so what size???

thanks brandon, the sauce is anything stinky....works great..i use 6lb some use 4lb....crazy!! size 9 octopus ithink
flyline cuz there picky about tension or weight.

nice job guys....slay em down and beer batter....Ohhhh Yeah...
Look for my beer batter recipe in the recipe's section...I guarentee you won't be dissapointed : )
Way ta slay...looks like a nice bag to me !
Salute !
Gary

thanks gary...i will be battering up some of your feelthe steel beer battered recipe for sure.thanks....fishbones

fishinone
04-13-2010, 09:57 AM
thanks ron, next in line is a DD striper.

Those are my favorite to catch.:Big Grin:

For eating I'll take 4 -6 lb..

M@M
04-13-2010, 04:39 PM
LIMIT!!! That's a beautiful word!! NICE!!:Thumbs Up:

bones
04-13-2010, 05:23 PM
Good going you guys. :Applause:
Fishing with Scott is always a pleasure and always good conversation as well. I've had a few invites to hit up the old bouy line but I'm not too much the bait and wait guy. I get too anxious sometimes but I definately wouldn't mind some constant action like the way it's been lately.
Stripers at Castaic and Pyramid are ALWAYS on my hit list so GREAT JOB on the slayage........

:Twisted: KILL KILL KILL SLAY SLAY SLAY :Twisted:

CAPT'N
04-13-2010, 07:06 PM
Just finished BBQ striper tacos, with fresh Pico De Galio, avocado, and grilled jalapenos. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Goodddddddddddddd.

Bones, saw someone get a striper on a top water on Sunday at the BL.

Capt'n

TroutOnly
04-13-2010, 07:48 PM
HEY SCOTTY IM BEATIN YOU TO THE MID IM GOING TOMMOROW,,,,,,,,NICE TO SEE YOU TWO OUT IN THE COLD,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,

CAPT'N
04-13-2010, 08:02 PM
T.O,

dam I want to go ! ! ! Good luck Uncle Bobby!

After you left we moved, and found the fish. They were a running at 30 ' and we were anchored at 75'.

capt'n

bassmaster5529
04-13-2010, 08:37 PM
WTF! everyone can catch stripers but me wow.

TopwaterTony
04-13-2010, 08:54 PM
those are some nice fish man ... great report ... hopefully I get some striper action on the Colorado this weekend

fisherman from long beach
04-14-2010, 09:44 AM
wtg alex on the stripeees.glad you still findin the time to get out there and get your slay on.im just holdin back a lil till vacation.keepin the urge under controll right now.then i'll be out there killin some bass.shoot me a pm a we'll hook up a day and get the lines wet.F.F.L.B

Hitts0n
04-14-2010, 07:02 PM
Slay----------------------------------------------------------------ing !!

Fishbones
04-14-2010, 07:43 PM
Those are my favorite to catch.:Big Grin:For eating I'll take 4 -6 lb..

lookin foward to a big piggie striper.....man i cant ean enuff of them ...THERE SOOOOO GOOOOD!!!!

LIMIT!!! That's a beautiful word!! NICE!!:Thumbs Up:

thanks mike....im a striper addict now...lol

Good going you guys. :Applause:
Fishing with Scott is always a pleasure and always good conversation as well. I've had a few invites to hit up the old bouy line but I'm not too much the bait and wait guy. I get too anxious sometimes but I definately wouldn't mind some constant action like the way it's been lately.
Stripers at Castaic and Pyramid are ALWAYS on my hit list so GREAT JOB on the slayage........
:Twisted: KILL KILL KILL SLAY SLAY SLAY :Twisted:

thanks bones scott is a cool cat for sure..the slay was good and it was fun for sure,
i cant compare it to slinging L.C's in the surf but its pretty close...

Just finished BBQ striper tacos, with fresh Pico De Galio, avocado, and grilled jalapenos. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Goodddddddddddddd.
Bones, saw someone get a striper on a top water on Sunday at the BL.Capt'n

what was that striper taco recipe again scott??
yeah he was workin looks to me to be a kpn topwater real slow and even dead sticking it....

HEY SCOTTY IM BEATIN YOU TO THE MID IM GOING TOMMOROW,,,,,,,,NICE TO SEE YOU TWO OUT IN THE COLD,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,

T/O pleasure to meet you and see you on the water again.

WTF! everyone can catch stripers but me wow.

sure you can.....NEVER GIVE UP!!!

those are some nice fish man ... great report ... hopefully I get some striper action on the Colorado this weekend

thanks topwatertony..goodluck at the river.....

wtg alex on the stripeees.glad you still findin the time to get out there and get your slay on.im just holdin back a lil till vacation.keepin the urge under controll right now.then i'll be out there killin some bass.shoot me a pm a we'll hook up a day and get the lines wet.F.F.L.B

thanks bro, yeah we gotta get you out and on the water soon....its been to long johnny...you must be twitching..

Slay----------------------------------------------------------------ing !!

KILL KILL KILL SLAY SLAY SLAY IS THE ONLY WAY..