PDA

View Full Version : Beresconi Beach car breakins

ronin007
04-11-2010, 06:42 PM
Was fishing Beresconi from shore last week next to Robert from Riverside.We quit about 3pm and walked back up to the parking lot together.Someone had stolen a cooler out of the back of his pickup and the gascap out of my kia.It is common knowledge among the regulars that ripoffs occur all the time at Beresconi.Now that summer is here i think that Perris security should either man the entrance gate or put a camera on the lot and monitor it.I can't relax knowing that my car might not be there when i get back.The red ears were biting.

fishmounter
04-11-2010, 07:01 PM
Wow. In the lot? People that used to park way back at the gate and walk the half mile back to the lake or fish at night had real problems with break-ins. It can happen anywhere, especially when the bad guys see you walk off to fish with all your gear, knowing you'll be gone for some time. I have a "booby-trap" on my truck.

Socal Bassman
04-11-2010, 09:14 PM
Sorry to hear that. It has been getting bad there in the past few years, though. That's one of the reasons why I stopped fishing on that side of the lake. I remember 10 years ago, I had a higher chance of encountering a rattlesnake than having my car broken into while fishing at night.

MIKE Q
04-11-2010, 09:19 PM
Sorry to hear that bro. I can't believe someone would be so desperate to steal a cooler and gas cap.:Sad:

Fire Ball
04-11-2010, 09:26 PM
Sorry to hear that bro. I can't believe someone would be so desperate to steal a cooler and gas cap.:Sad:

Ya, that is pretty sad. They didn't siphon the gas too?

carpanglerdude
04-11-2010, 09:37 PM
Guys, this is not cool. I actually parked outside the gate today and biked in...had read a few threads about breakins happening a few years ago, but thought I would be fine.
Anyway, made it back to my car after several hours of fishing and all the windows were intact. Still, I'll probably just pay and park inside now...too scared that I'll come back and find my windows in pieces.

Troudt
04-12-2010, 10:46 AM
In my opinion, ALL the staff at Perris is worthless. The Cops, Rangers, everyone. They have bad attitudes, never have an answer to any questions I have, and change rules as they feel like it.
Call them out in anyway, and they instantly just blame budgets cuts and lack of staff....its their stock answer for all questions, whether it applies or not.

These worthless rangers and cops will actually say "we don't recommend you park back there, cars get broken into alot". Ask them why they don't patrol it, watch it, or post a guard....and here comes the "budgets cuts answer"

Anytime I see one now I ask them questions...just to f-ck with them. I ask them questions about limits, boat safety, fish species...things that are answered on their website that they should know.

DarkShadow
04-12-2010, 01:38 PM
Now that summer is here i think that Perris security should either man the entrance gate or put a camera on the lot and monitor it.

I'd prefer a sniper with a .308 stationed at the rock climbing wall with a clear shot at the lot.

I'd prefer cleaning up brain matter rather than tiny pieces of glass, IMO.

;-)

Stormcrow
04-12-2010, 01:57 PM
You know, people want to blame the rangers and staff, in truth, they have always been very nice to me. I think they may get on edge from time to time because of the scum that frequent Perris alot.

Its sad to think that you cant even park your car there anymore. One of these days someone will catch one of these punks in the act, bludgeon them into a coma with a heavy object and leave there body there as a warning to other scum who are doing the same thing.

Lord knows thats what I would LOVE to do. Too bad we cant do it in CA without going to jail yourself.

wellbilldancesays
04-12-2010, 03:41 PM
Anyone wanna buy a cooler?

I keed , I keed.

That does suck and unfornately it's nothing new. I do have to disagree with you though StormCrow. My many, many years of visting that lake have proven time and time again the "Rangers" there are uninformed, uncaring , reject cop bullies. This was the case even before the "budget cuts".

Natural Lefty
04-12-2010, 03:47 PM
It's been years since I fished Bernasconi, and after reading this, I am not anxious to go back, even though the Redears are biting there. What a shame! Sorry to hear about the break-ins.

Personally, I have never had any problems with the staff at Lake Perris attitude wise, although I did receive a speeding ticket there once, and a parking ticket another time, so I am not thrilled with them, either. (They could have given me warnings, but a couple of other times, they did give me warnings.)

smokinflies
04-12-2010, 03:55 PM
You know, people want to blame the rangers and staff, in truth, they have always been very nice to me. I think they may get on edge from time to time because of the scum that frequent Perris alot.

x2

Many of the rangers I've talk to were really cool.

One of them told me if someone wants to act like an a-hole we'll treat them like an a-hole, which to me, makes perfect sense.

In my opinion, ALL the staff at Perris is worthless. The Cops, Rangers, everyone. They have bad attitudes, never have an answer to any questions I have, and change rules as they feel like it.
Call them out in anyway, and they instantly just blame budgets cuts and lack of staff....its their stock answer for all questions, whether it applies or not.

These worthless rangers and cops will actually say "we don't recommend you park back there, cars get broken into alot". Ask them why they don't patrol it, watch it, or post a guard...and here comes the "budgets cuts answer"

Anytime I see one now I ask them questions...just to f-ck with them. I ask them questions about limits, boat safety, fish species...things that are answered on their website that they should know.

:Rolls Eyes:

Why should they protect un-paying vistior's vehicles?

fishfinder
04-12-2010, 04:17 PM
I used to park outsid ethe gate back in the day when that was a real lake and the catfishing was great at night. i guess that was 20 years ago, and times were different. moren valley was actually a nice place to live. but we never had any problem with thieves or vandalls back then. Now I don't even venture to that lake anymore, and its a shame cause thats where me and my wife had our first date on july 4th 1989. sure would like to get some of the gills from there this summer, but am afraid to even camp there, cause some-one will steal everything i dont nail down while i am fishing.

Troudt
04-12-2010, 05:14 PM
Why should they protect un-paying vistior's vehicles?

There is a paid lot at bernasconi. Its the "iron horse" honor box with the envelopes. When I asked about it, they recommended I don't park back there because of all the break-ins.

So its not "un-paying vehicles".... :Rolls Eyes:

Back in the day, people parked along the road leading up the little hill which was free...now thats a ticket or tow.

Danny300
04-12-2010, 05:27 PM
Wow, what a surpise. Your car gets broken into. In an area where it's know they break into cars.

:Applause::Applause::Applause::Applause::Applause: :Applause:

.................................................. ................................................

Isn't that like me going into compton, and not expecting to be held up by gun point on a known crackhead street.

:Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes:

smokinflies
04-12-2010, 05:31 PM
There is a paid lot at bernasconi. Its the "iron horse" honor box with the envelopes. When I asked about it, they recommended I don't park back there because of all the break-ins.

Back in the day, people parked along the road leading up the little hill which was free...now thats a ticket or tow.

My bad. When you said "back there" I was thinking out side the gates.

And now that think of it, the rangers do patrol the Bernasconi area. I was there on Saturday and the ranger pulled up us (my bro-n-law and I) asking how the fishing was? Maybe it's just a weekend routine thing to patrol that side of the lake.

DarkShadow
04-12-2010, 07:40 PM
Isn't that like me going into compton, and not expecting to be held up by gun point on a known crackhead street.

:Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes:

Wow, what a generalization.

Troutman65
04-12-2010, 08:01 PM
I'd prefer a sniper with a .308 stationed at the rock climbing wall with a clear shot at the lot.

;-)

I like how you think. LOL

I don't think I would fish out of sight of my truck .

old pudd fisher
04-12-2010, 08:04 PM

;-)Thats what I'am talkin about. I hate thieves...Been ripped off to many times but I did catch one in my garage years ago and I think he broke the word record for the 100 yard dash when he seen my 9MM pointed at him.

carpanglerdude
04-12-2010, 09:56 PM

Wait hang on...they will tow you if you park right ouside the gate? I've been there recently, two trips, and other anglers told me it was cool...do they still tow? I saw several other cars parked there too.

boomstikit
04-13-2010, 07:47 AM
I am confused... so where is the safest place to park if you want to fish Perris? I don't want to come back to my car and find it stripped and on blocks. Thanks.

bassgrabber1
04-13-2010, 08:35 AM
I used to fish Bernasconi like 10 uears ago too and it was great but when they closed it for a few years I just never went back because you had to park outside the gate and that just aint cool with me there. I posted this up weeks back but some one came to my driveway and just broke in to my truck and stole all my bass gear and my fishing license. It was about a grand worth of stuff and I live in a good part of Moreno Valley. We aren't safe anywhere from CRACKHEADS!!!! I have been searching Craigs list but nothing......:(

TaperSteve
04-13-2010, 09:28 AM
Personally, I have never had any problems with the staff at Lake Perris attitude wise, although I did receive a speeding ticket there once, and a parking ticket another time, so I am not thrilled with them, either. (They could have given me warnings, but a couple of other times, they did give me warnings.)

So they have time and a budget to write traffic tickets but they dont have time and a budget to patrol their lots for theives? Sounds like a bunch of crap to me.

Natural Lefty
04-13-2010, 10:52 AM
I got the traffic ticket many years ago, but I think they still write traffic and parking tickets in the state park on the north side of the lake. I used to see Rangers patrolling the parking lots there and checking the fishing action and the fisherpeople, but not lately. They aren't even checking out the obvious fishing violations I have seen recently, so I think the current answer to your question, TaperSteve, sadly is yes. Hopefully they will hire some more Rangers soon who can actually do more than driving the roads looking for people who exceed the 25 MPH speed limit or drive through the parking lots looking for cars without a parking permit.

In the case of Bernasconi, I think that side of the lake has been neglected for a long time.

Sublime-Steve
04-13-2010, 11:13 AM
Thanks 4 the heads up. My first bass ever was caught off beresconi n seems like everyone is slaying the bluegill n redear there but i really dont need my stereo stolen while im fishing what a bummer :-(

IncredibleHuck
04-13-2010, 11:25 AM
I am confused... so where is the safest place to park if you want to fish Perris? I don't want to come back to my car and find it stripped and on blocks. Thanks.

At Home.... let someone else drive! ;)

carpanglerdude
04-13-2010, 04:55 PM
Sorry to threadjack again, but do they really tow cars that park outside the gate? Didn't get my question answered.

smokinflies
04-14-2010, 09:26 AM
Sorry to threadjack again, but do they really tow cars that park outside the gate? Didn't get my question answered.

Not sure, but I did see vehicles parked outside the gates on Saturday and they were parked there for the whole day.

Your best bet is to play it safe and pay the 10 bucks.

Kareem Korn
04-22-2010, 12:34 PM
My first introduction to the Beresconi Beach car breakins was around 15 years ago. I parked, my buddy launched his boat on the other side, came around and picked us up and we boated for about 4 hours. Came back and my car had lock damage. Everything inside was missing. We were stuck there in our wetsuits. The sheriff said that the dudes hang out in the rocks above and watch as people leave their cars and where they go. They send someone down to break in while one watches from above. A slick operation. I have never been back there to this day.

DarkShadow
04-22-2010, 01:04 PM
The sheriff said that the dudes hang out in the rocks above and watch as people leave their cars and where they go. They send someone down to break in while one watches from above. A slick operation.

So, the Sheriff knew their MO and they still couldn't do anything about it?

Who they hell was the sherrif back then?

This guy perhaps?:

http://www.musclecarsandco.com/imagesrubs/show/dukes/rosco.jpg

flytyingreloader
04-22-2010, 04:22 PM
Might have been me--I retired from that agency 5 years ago. Our deputies run from 4-10 calls behind all day long, and it gets worse after sunset. Adjacent Perris is a crime pit, and Nuevo isn't a whole lot better. MoVal is a 24/7 carjacker's theme park.

Car clouts suck, but there is a whole lot more going on in this area that--frankly--takes precedence over property crimes. ESPECIALLY property crimes committed against volunteer victims who park their cars filled with druggie magnets like cell phones--CD players--MP3 players--ad nauseum--in secluded sites.

+1 to the "Sniper with 308" concept. The defense attorneys hate it when their clients get kanked, though--puts a dent in their revenue stream. How dreadful.