PDA

View Full Version : Late Report from CA Aqueduct 04/09

AngkorStriper
04-11-2010, 02:15 AM
I’ve been fishing in southern California lakes for many years and have never caught stripers that were larger than 20lbs. And, I always dreamed of catching a monster that weight at least 30lbs plus. Well, this past Thursday that dream came true. My neighbor and I decided to go to the California Aqueduct early morning fishing. Sure is a long drive from Orange County and he said it worth it, and we got there at 6:30am.

For the next 2 ½ hours, we worked our ways along the duct and got two fishes between 4 and 7 lbs., not that exciting but sure was a good work out. Then Just 5 minutes before we packed up our gears to go home, I decided to use my old AC Plug. This one of my favorite lures I used extensively to catch countless stripers at Lake Skinner, Silverwood, Diamond and Castaic Lakes. On my 4th casts and BAMMMN, I felt something got my lure and it pulled so hard. I thought my 15lbs Ultra Maxima line going to break. Thanks God that it didn’t happen. For next 30 minutes, I battled this Leviathan, tired him up and won. I brought it home, measured 42’’ and weight 37lbs. No one was happier then my mom for she never seen any striper this big before.:Big Grin:

spoon2610
04-11-2010, 04:36 AM
oh man i need to see pics

tpfishnfool
04-11-2010, 06:59 AM
Sorry but need pics .........

cutbait
04-11-2010, 07:04 AM
Sorry but need pics .........

Agreeeeed!

stg68
04-11-2010, 07:07 AM
I’ve been fishing in southern California lakes for many years and have never caught stripers that were larger than 20lbs. And, I always dreamed of catching a monster that weight at least 30lbs plus. Well, this past Thursday that dream came true. My neighbor and I decided to go to the California Aqueduct early morning fishing. Sure is a long drive from Orange County and he said it worth it, and we got there at 6:30am.

For the next 2 ½ hours, we worked our ways along the duct and got two fishes between 4 and 7 lbs., not that exciting but sure was a good work out. Then Just 5 minutes before we packed up our gears to go home, I decided to use my old AC Plug. This one of my favorite lures I used extensively to catch countless stripers at Lake Skinner, Silverwood, Diamond and Castaic Lakes. On my 4th casts and BAMMMN, I felt something got my lure and it pulled so hard. I thought my 15lbs Ultra Maxima line going to break. Thanks God that it didn’t happen. For next 30 minutes, I battled this Leviathan, tired him up and won. I brought it home, measured 42’’ and weight 37lbs. No one was happier then my mom for she never seen any striper this big before.:Big Grin:

Last time I checked , today is April 11, not April 1.
So, we do need some pics.

Bass Attack
04-11-2010, 08:46 AM

Wow. Congrats on the catch! Hope you can post those pictures up soon.:Wink:

AngkorStriper
04-11-2010, 11:26 AM
Sorry guys I just uploaded the picture. I was having tech. problem earlier this morning

M@M
04-11-2010, 11:42 AM
WOW!! Great day at the Duct....:EyePop:That's a Monster!! Congradulations!....I duct fish in the Phelan,Hesperia, and Victorville Area.... What section of the Duct were you fishing?..... Was it your first time there???....... Man I'm jealous!:Envious:.....NICE FISH!!!!

Marine_Michael
04-11-2010, 12:02 PM
Amazing catch. I would also like to know what section of the duct you were fishing were you fishing in the Antelope Valley or over in Bakersfield?

yolo
04-11-2010, 01:34 PM
What was in that big stomach?

cutbait
04-11-2010, 01:40 PM
Nicely done, man!

So inquiring minds wanna know? was it A/V or "small" fish Bako?

tpfishnfool
04-11-2010, 07:49 PM
Thats a legit Giant !

Thanks for posting pics.

Danny300
04-11-2010, 07:59 PM
great looking giant you have there. congrats!

viking172
04-11-2010, 08:51 PM
Wow thats awesome, congrats bro.

MIKE Q
04-11-2010, 09:08 PM
Nice catch and pics.:EyePop: Thx

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-13-2010, 09:39 AM
One helluva nice striper without a doubt, one to remember for a lifetime ! I just hope you actually caught it, I really don't want to sound doubtfull but why are the faces cut out of the pics ? seems a bit strange !

I am a little weary when thats your 2nd post.. sounds fishy in the wrong way

For your sake I hope you really did catch it but I hope your not pullin one of those tricks that Roboboy attempted...

If you did indeed catch it, huge congrats if not....HMNnnnnnnn

Either way trophy fish

fishinone
04-13-2010, 09:49 AM
That's a nice fish, but this does sound fishy, two posts, both in this thread and no faces in the pictures.

Who are you? Does anybody on FNN know you? Maybe your friends will back you up.

yolo
04-13-2010, 12:00 PM
Seems to be a lot of leaves on the ground for spring time :Wink:

koifish
04-13-2010, 01:14 PM
nice one. did you put it in the small cooler??

TroutOnly
04-13-2010, 01:38 PM
GREAT CATCH AND ON AN OLD SCHOOL AC THATS EVEN BETTER ,MAKES ME WANT TO BREAK INTO OG COLLECTION,,,,IVE BEEN TOLD THE PIGS UP AT QUAIL HAVE BEEN MASHING ANYTHING RAINBOW COLORED,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o...................

Beeracuda211
04-13-2010, 01:44 PM
Congratulations man, one hell of a fish indeed... now go out there and get another ;)

B/C

AngkorStriper
04-13-2010, 11:27 PM
Hi Guys

RE: gletemfeelsteelgary and fish one::: I've been lurking on this website for quite awhile, maybe more than 2 years and read many interesting stories. .Thanks for all the great posts. Now, I am a new member and just joined this website last week, I have no friend to back me up the story or no one on FNN knows me. And this was the first time I’m posting message and pictures. The reason the picture didn’t show up on the first post due to the privacy button was checked when I uploaded the attachment. For the public to view the pictures, I have to uncheck the privacy button. Whether you have doubt or not, this is my personal best record striper I caught over the years. Also, I dislike posting picture with my face online; I like to keep it private. All you need to see is the picture of the fish and where it was caught. This fish was caught last week in Bakersfield. If you still have doubt, I just uploaded halibut’s picture I caught at Long Beach’s Break Water on 2/16. Please look closely at my standing position, and the way I hold the fish for the two pictures are almost the same. This halibut was 32'' and 23lbs.

gletemfeelsteelgary: You have a unique way you hold your stripers that were caught at Duct for the past years. Awsome post and I like it:Secret: If I ever bump into you at Castaic lake or somewhere in southern cali lake, i'll drop by saying hi. :LOL: I'm a guy with a Boston Whaler and I fish maybe two or three times a month at the lake and ocean. :Big Grin:

Reply:::.inside the fish was just small shrimp, mud sucker, and small fish (maybe shads).

Re: koifish:::This fish was was 42'' long, I have to bent before put in a cooler
:Razz:::LOL::Big Grin::Surprised::Envious: