PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else...

KaliDawgFan
04-10-2010, 10:45 PM
lose any respect for Anderson Silva tonight? There was WAYYYY too much show boating going on there.

How about Frankie Edgar though? I thought he deserved that win. I feel sorry for BJ's next opponent though.

Troutman65
04-10-2010, 11:37 PM
Naw I was watching The Lawerance Welk Show

TaperSteve
04-11-2010, 09:54 AM
There is NO WAY Edgar should have won the belt last night. It was way too close of a fight and as the saying goes, "you have to clearly and decicivly beat the champ to become the new champ." Think back not that long ago when Machida and Shogun fought the 1st time. Shogun clearly beat Machida yet Machida got the decision because Shogun didnt do enough to win the title. Theres an unspoken rule that you pretty much have to finish the champ or completely dominate the champ to win the belt. Edgar did neither of those. When Shogun fought Machida he pretty much dominated Machida more so than Edgar dominated Penn last night. I mean one of the judges gave Edgar every round (50-45). Are you serious? I had it (48-47) in Penn's favor keeping in mind that you have to clearly beat the champ to become the new champ. I think this is the beginning of the end for BJ. Liddell, Pulver, Hughes, they're all different fighters than when they were at the peak of their carrers. After last night it appears BJ is ready to join that club. Im sure there are some great fights left in BJ, but I dont see him being a real contender ever again.

TaperSteve

KaliDawgFan
04-11-2010, 01:08 PM
I agree that the one judge who gave Edgar off 5 rounds was crazy, but I had Edgar at 3 rounds to 2 (1st, 4th and 5th).

troutdog
04-12-2010, 02:02 PM
This "sport" is getting as bad as boxing....better off watching "wrastling"! :LOL:

I feel bad for those who spent money watching that "carp", I would ask for my money back!

TD

fishcatcherr
04-12-2010, 10:27 PM
Edgar for sure lost the first 3 rounds. Horrible judging. If you watch the silva fight again you could say he lost to. The third round was close and meia won they last two rounds for sure.

Whoever fights edgar next should just run away from him. Thats all he did and it worked out great for him