PDA

View Full Version : Imperial County Canals

FishinElectrician
04-10-2010, 10:20 PM
Any of you 760 heads know if there are any canals in the Westmoreland/Brawley area that offer good Bass fishing? Im gonna be visiting some relatives in Westmoreland in a couple of weeks, and Id like to fish for Bass, without having to travel to the Colorado.

Thanks!

DockRat
04-11-2010, 06:03 AM
Yep, Try the West Main Canal. Take Forrester south from Westmoreland to Keystone or Harris till you hit Austin. Follow the main canal till you hit a drop off/gate.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Brawley&state=CA&country=US&latitude=32.9786&longitude=-115.529404&geocode=CITY

There is a lake with alot of brush near Wiest Lake called Ramer or Finney might be good.

The All American Canal is a good one too.

DR

team760
04-11-2010, 07:26 AM
the central main, the highline,as said before the west main, sunbeam lake and lagoon, weist lake, finney/ramer lakes, most main canals have bass,stripers,cats,bluegill and talipia in them.....when you get to westmorland, hit me up and i can show/ take you to some spots...i live in westmorland...just pm me....TODD

FishinElectrician
04-11-2010, 05:56 PM
Thanks alot, fellas. I really appreciate it.

Ill hit you up with a PM when I go down there, for sure, Team760! I really just wanna hit the canals more than anything, so Ill get at you when Im headed down there... Thanks, dog!!!