PDA

View Full Version : Todos Santos on Friday 4/9/10.... no yellows.

davis909
04-10-2010, 02:21 PM
Went out on the Grande out of Point Loma. The crew worked hard and tried their best. The yellows couldn't be found.

Seems like all the yellows were closer to the island in the shallow area which is in the "reserves".

When the San Diego fleet finally found them in the shallows. We barely started hooking up. We got 6 yellows onto the Grande. None for me. All of a sudden, the captain put the boat in full speed and took off. Seems like we were running for our lives. Two people had yellows on and they broke off.

Anyways so we found out the Mexican Navy were after us. Chasing all the fishing boats away from the island. We were in the reserved area. There were about 5 boats running away full speed; the Grande, New Lo-Ann, Sea Adventrue II, Prowler, and some other one.

The navy gunner ship caught up to the Prowler and they got boarded. Not sure what the results were of that.

So we spent the rest of the day searching for yellows. No luck.

Fishing was slow for the entire San Diego fleet. only a few yellows for each one.

They'll be back soon.. next time. Goodluck guys.

Frenchy
04-10-2010, 05:58 PM
sweet on the running from the mexi navy

boxl0bster
04-10-2010, 10:04 PM
LMAO wtf thats crazy.

DockRat
04-11-2010, 05:28 AM
One day WFO and Zilch the next.
Maybe the panga is the way to go ?

Was the Mexican Navy Cruising in the Green Amphibious Truck ?

relating to or adapted for both land and water - ∼ vehiclesb. bexecuted by coordinated action of land, sea, and air forces organized for invasion - an ∼ landingalsotrained or organized for such action

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc309/wfrad/mexicannavymodranks.gif

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm191/Moyocoyatzin/armadamexico1.jpg

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w269/chsjenn/mexicannavy.jpg Amphibious Truck :ROFL:
DR

JapanRon
04-11-2010, 08:43 AM
Hi Dockrat,

Read some stories from both sides ..... looks like the Moo-moos have worn out their welcome ...... as in....... CLOSED. PBers are still ok to fish the area from what I've read. Hey ...... that one guy is not wearing a PFD .....now that's confidence ...... then again ......

JapanRon

eddiefishtaco
04-11-2010, 08:58 PM
I heard that the Sea Adventure was yelling at some locals last Saturday,
over the PA system and the locals got pissed of and complained ,
that the Charter boat tried to ram them, to push them out of a spot, and insulted them
so they filled a formal complain,and the navy was called to keep outsiders away,
they say that todos los santos island was supposed to be reserved for private boaters,
not charters or any commercial, money making boat or panga, US or Mexican,

that's why they were chased out and had to settle for rock-fish, miles off the coast

so no more yellows at Todos los Santos unless you have a private boat
and get a REAL Mexican permit to fish these clean waters loaded with yellowtail

... the sea aventure keeps on taking people on overnighters,
but they don't tell them that they will be outside the fishing grounds catching reds,
and rockfish.. bring your 8 oz sinkers..:Rolls Eyes:
they should try Coronados and be polite, or else we'll loose that privilege too,
the locals also complained that the fee we pay never makes it to the proper Mexican
authorities, who knows what really happened, but we should be polite,
or else we will get kicked out...and we will be fishing the oil rigs
catching mackerel LOL.

my 2 pesos

Tunaslam
04-12-2010, 09:00 AM
Bummer on no tails, the fleet was back at it on Sat. few tails caught though, fish were there, just had lock jaw for some reason? A new hered of tails were found three miles south of the rockpile. Hope they keep on coming north!

Cory