PDA

View Full Version : Crappie Slaying at Elsinore 04/09

TheRiver
04-10-2010, 11:31 AM
Me and my brother tried Elsinore on last Wednesday 04/07 on the boat, got nothing. Came in for the day and witnessed anglers catching crappie off the dock (one guy caught 8 ) so our spirits were lifted a bit knowing the the crappie were biting some what. So we decided we would try again on Friday in a different spot that we had not tried before. We notice there were two boats in the area we wanted to try, we witnessed a crappie being landed and 3 large blue cats, (we hadn't gotten anything yet) so after staring in envy and no fish being caught in the next hour, the two boats left. We decided move into a little more shallow (4 to 5 ft ) water to try our dead Shad and Chartreuse mini jigs.... and out of nowhere....BOOM the slaying began... the largest was about 2.8lbs

Troutman65
04-10-2010, 11:54 AM
Nice going on the Crappie .

P.A.W.
04-10-2010, 02:40 PM
That's some good eatin' right there!

bassmaster5529
04-10-2010, 02:51 PM
if u put all the meat together on all of the fish it is equivalent to about 4 chicken nuggets or crappie nuggets. haha. nice job out there

Sparky70
04-10-2010, 02:57 PM
MASTER5529
Them Crappie are very tasty

TheRiver
04-10-2010, 03:35 PM
Yes I plan on having some tasty treats for awhile, I could taste them as we were catching them.
we caught 33 total, lost 8.

TheRiver
04-10-2010, 03:41 PM
Thanks all, yes it was very fun catch them, and anticipating what size the fish would be before it came to the top was exciting also. Looking forward to going out next week.

Robo Bass
04-10-2010, 05:40 PM
Nice job on slaying

P.A.W.
04-10-2010, 05:45 PM
I've been thinking about trying Elsinore for a change. How are the launch fees nowadays?

TheRiver
04-10-2010, 08:32 PM
The launch fees are $20 per boat. a fishing permit is only needed for shore fishing. If you're taking the boat out.... anyone/everyone on the boat doesn't need a permit to fish.

formosa
04-11-2010, 09:09 AM
The launch fees are $20 per boat. a fishing permit is only needed for shore fishing. If you're taking the boat out.... anyone/everyone on the boat doesn't need a permit to fish.
how much they charge to fish at marina? did you saw any fish at shore? thanks for update.

TheRiver
04-11-2010, 10:13 AM
Yes a fishing permit is needed for shore fishing and cost $10
Yes there were some fish landed from the shore. One guy had caught 8 as counted
in his basket and another who had fished for 4hrs, had 4 fish with three being nice slabs.

There's a lot of huge crappie in the lake and the really hot bite (slaying) has not really even started yet. As the weather gets warmer the bite should go off, even from the shore.
There were a lot of shore anglers on Friday but not everyone was hooking up. I did notice guys netting shad and in turn using them for bait. May go out Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. I will update.

hope your pole bends..........

formosa
04-11-2010, 08:54 PM
thanks for the heads up. would try fish elsi wed morning. yeap this year is way late, last season it was over now.

rockbass
04-11-2010, 09:31 PM
Wow- did not think of Elsinore for crappie- I know that the Perris crappie bite has been growing the last couple of years, with bigger and more fish- Elsinore as well?:EyePop:

JigStop
04-12-2010, 09:09 AM
Not close to last year's type of action but we also managed to get a few, ha!

Troutman65
04-12-2010, 09:17 AM
I am sure there will be a rush of fisherman going out there very soon . LOL

TheRiver
04-12-2010, 09:46 AM
Yeah! with 721 views and counting I'm sure they'll be some anglers going out there real soon.
I think they will pick up even more in the coming weeks. I think the off and on weather have the fish (and their seasonal habits) a bit confused.
If we catch tons again on Tuesday (or Wednesday) I plan on giving some away to the shore fishermen. Don't really know how they'll (crappie) do after the rain but we'll see. Hopefully I'll have more pic's

good luck to those who are going out!

Str8t Slabaronies
04-12-2010, 09:51 AM
Nice Crappie Slayage!

TheRiver
04-13-2010, 09:57 PM
Thanks...
Went back today and caught 30 crappie (me and my brother combined) 1 bass (3lbs) released, on a crappie jig and 1 nice Kitty Cat. Will post a couple of pic's tomorrow, I'm beat!

jumpman
04-13-2010, 10:42 PM
DUDE, FRIGGIN AWSOME MAN. what a experience, i have never caught or had one to try. you will have to let me know how they taste, i have watched wally marshal crappie fish and have wanted to try it. I am not sure though if i wanna drive the 15 to corona cause the way back for me will be heay traffic. good job man

TheRiver
04-14-2010, 01:20 PM
Tuesday 04/13/2010 Crappie Slay Chapter 2

TheRiver
04-14-2010, 01:30 PM
Jumpman
If you're driving back from the lake to corona, there is not any traffic at all. I live in Torrance.... we left the lake about 6:00pm on last Friday and 6.30PM on yesterday. I would wait until the weather gets steadily warmer again before I try the shore/bank, that's when the shore anglers were catch most of their crappie.

If anyone lives near Torrance, I'd be glad to give you a couple of these slabs. but probably just the first two members who PM me.

blackberg
04-14-2010, 01:51 PM
awesome, near which shore/bank where they cathing them at?
-bb

TheRiver
04-14-2010, 03:38 PM
On the north-end of the lake in 3, 4 and 5 feet of water, find some structure in the water or brush area.
I caught two of my slabs in 2 1/2 feet of water (while in a boat) yesterday. If you have boat just go to the north end use a green mini jig or float (with a bobber) a live or dead shad or feeder gold fish in about 5 feet of water.

my snuggles
04-15-2010, 11:29 AM
feeder gold fish in about 5 feet of water

Very bad my friend, good way to ruin a lake, just look at all the goldfish in Big Bear, stick to natural baits or artificial, you might catch a bunch today, but won't be any tomorrow or the future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

TheRiver
04-15-2010, 05:22 PM
Just look at the carp in Elsinore......
What do you think carp are?
No need the worry... Elsinore is not a lake I frequent, so there's plenty of fish for you and everyone else.
May go out one more time this year before I head out to THERIVER, just waiting for it to get really hot!

theriver

Troutman65
04-15-2010, 05:30 PM
On the north-end of the lake in 3, 4 and 5 feet of water, find some structure in the water or brush area.
I caught two of my slabs in 2 1/2 feet of water (while in a boat) yesterday. If you have boat just go to the north end use a green mini jig or float (with a bobber) a live or dead shad or feeder gold fish in about 5 feet of water.

Feeder Gold fish ? :Shocked: So thats your :Secret: ? I am almost certain your not allowed to use live goldfish for bait in Ca.. Flyline a goldfish . :Rolls Eyes: Sheesh........

TheRiver
04-15-2010, 05:54 PM
As individuals in this world we are not allowed to do a lot of things, but what's happens? people still do them. Even some things that I feel are wrong and illegal that people do..... I point finger a shake my head at them. C'mon I'm sure you don't play by all the rules in life.

Now back to fishing like I said before, we caught the majority of our fish on green jigs in fact we lost (lost fish/broke our lines) all our green jigs had to pull the boat out and go get the exact kind of jig at Target! Some bit feeders but that particular green colored jig was what they were biting fastest. May be out there on Friday...(red and white 21 foot boat) for those who want to know the hot spots.

theriver

DarkShadow
04-15-2010, 07:56 PM
As individuals in this world we are not allowed to do a lot of things, but what's happens? people still do them. Even some things that I feel are wrong and illegal that people do..... I point finger a shake my head at them. C'mon I'm sure you don't play by all the rules in life.

Is that going to be your closing argument in court when you get busted for doing something knowingly illegal?

Fire Ball
04-15-2010, 08:12 PM

Now back to fishing like I said before, we caught the majority of our fish on green jigs in fact we lost (lost fish/broke our lines) all our green jigs had to pull the boat out and go get the exact kind of jig at Target! Some bit feeders but that particular green colored jig was what they were biting fastest. May be out there on Friday...(red and white 21 foot boat) for those who want to know the hot spots.

theriver

Do you know what the first rule of doing illegal things is? Don't talk about doing illegal thing! (In a public forum, easily accessible by those how could catch you) First you use the goldfish illegally, now you are clearly stating it on here?

Natural Lefty
04-15-2010, 08:14 PM
If the fish are biting on jigs, why would you even bother using Goldfish, which are illegal? It shows a blatant disregard for the law and for the reasons the DFG decided to make this illegal (like overharvesting gamefish and introducing undesirable fish species to the lake).

Also, I can't understand why some people aren't sure what the regulations are. They are pretty clear with regard to the use of live fish as bait. It is legal to do in the Colorado River District, but not in the southern district where we live, except for shad caught by net and used in the same lake. Other districts farther north have their own specific regulations allowing certain species of minnows, but only the Colorado River District allows the use of gamefish such as sunfish, and I wish that wasn't allowed even there. Just check the regulations as I just did.

yolo
04-15-2010, 08:14 PM
Target sells tackle?

TheRiver
04-16-2010, 09:20 AM
Again, if all that replied follow (abide by) all the rules in life please raise your hand...... I'm sure all of you don't! If so this world would be perfect. I could list a few example (and most would be guilty) but don't want to get into a long debate. I'm not worry about mentioning feeders on here. but I will read the regulations and take heed just to make the perfect members on here happy. Remember before you point fingers at someone (regardless of the topic/issue) take a step back a and look at yourself! Do you you follow every rule that is set? Of course not. There are regulations set many places. I'm sure you don't follow all of them unless someone is looking. So taking one isolated issue
don't make you Mr or Mrs prefect. Remember that.....

Yes Target sells tackle, so does Walmart (also bait) and K-mart (also bait)

Anyways going out today (red and white boat 21 footer) for those interested.
I may show you the secret spot using ONLY green jigs. lol if you're nice.

theRiver

my snuggles
04-16-2010, 09:58 AM
Again, if all that replied follow (abide by) all the rules in life please raise your hand...... I'm sure all of you don't! If so this world would be perfect. I could list a few example (and most would be guilty) but don't want to get into a long debate. I'm not worry about mentioning feeders on here. but I will read the regulations and take heed just to make the perfect members on here happy. Remember before you point fingers at someone (regardless of the topic/issue) take a step back a and look at yourself! Do you you follow every rule that is set? Of course not. There are regulations set many places. I'm sure you don't follow all of them unless someone is looking. So taking one isolated issue
don't make you Mr or Mrs prefect. Remember that.....

Yes Target sells tackle, so does Walmart (also bait) and K-mart (also bait)

Anyways going out today (red and white boat 21 footer) for those interested.
I may show you the secret spot using ONLY green jigs. lol if you're nice.

theRiver

My I don't think you really understand my issue with this, Elsinore really has a lot of trash fish, and you are just adding to it, if you were doing something illegal that would only hurt you, oh well you get caught you face the piper by yourself, but some of these rules are there to protect the fishing grounds, just like the mussel issue we are facing today.

TheRiver
04-16-2010, 10:30 AM
Snugs

I respect your opinion and views, but I do not want debate around in circles. Have great fishing season..

Bassman1974
04-16-2010, 11:29 AM
Snugs

I respect your opinion and views, but I do not want debate around in circles. Have great fishing season..

River dont worrie about all these haters, there all jellous. I would like to know where your hot spot is, I was out wensday and we only got 5 nice ones, any help would be nice.

seal
04-16-2010, 11:44 AM
River if you replied with a little remorse then maybe all the "Haters" would not come out. Well now I'm a relunctant hater cause you don't freak'n get it! If this is your position on the use of illegal live bait what are some of your other opinions of fishing regulations that you break? Don't be so stupid as to try and defend your position. Not once have you said "oops sorry" if you had done so initially and chalked this up to ignorance and people continued to beat you up then I would possibly come to your defense.

I suppose you also think Rainbow Trout for LMB's and Stripers are ok.

By reading your responses I would say you are a big part of the problem.

IncredibleHuck
04-16-2010, 11:58 AM
River if you replied with a little remorse then maybe all the "Haters" would not come out. Well now I'm a relunctant hater cause you don't freak'n get it! If this is your position on the use of illegal live bait what are some of your other opinions of fishing regulations that you break? Don't be so stupid as to try and defend your position. Not once have you said "oops sorry" if you had done so initially and chalked this up to ignorance and people continued to beat you up then I would possibly come to your defense.

By reading your responses I would say you are a big part of the problem.

Ditto!!!!!!!

Bassman1974
04-16-2010, 12:01 PM
What about live sardines in the ocean? o cat got your toung same differance as trout for LM or strippers. I wish you guys would spend 1/2 the effort fishing and posting reports than you haters bashing people for useing live bait.

Thisfool
04-16-2010, 12:02 PM

why is rainbow trout for lmb and stripers not allowed. i dont get it. i understand the goldfish thing and other life baits cuz it could take over a lake and mess up the fisheries. but what effect dose using rainbow trout have.

sry for the thread jack. just the second time i seen this and i dont get it.

i dont do it or havent or wont cuz if i catch a trout im going to call my self luck to catch one and keep it. no way am i going to wast it as bait.

Bassman1974
04-16-2010, 12:07 PM
What about live sardines in the ocean? right its the same as live trout for LM or strippers, I wish you HATERS would spend 1/2 the amount of your energy fishing and posting your reports and not bashing people that may use live bait from time to time. And lets be realistic NOTHING is going to make elsinore any worse than it is already.

seal
04-16-2010, 12:16 PM
So NOTHING is going to make the lake worse so we should just let guys do whatever they want, I see your argument now, man it all makes sense. Thanks BASSMAN1974!

I guess the rules of the DFG mean nothing to some, it does me no good to even try and debate this.

This explains why we are seeing more and more fisherman breaking the DFG regulations.

Bassman1974
04-16-2010, 12:18 PM
What about the live sardines in the ocean? I see no responce there?

seal
04-16-2010, 12:19 PM
why is rainbow trout for lmb and stripers not allowed. i dont get it. i understand the goldfish thing and other life baits cuz it could take over a lake and mess up the fisheries. but what effect dose using rainbow trout have.

sry for the thread jack. just the second time i seen this and i dont get it.

i dont do it or havent or wont cuz if i catch a trout im going to call my self luck to catch one and keep it. no way am i going to wast it as bait.

Cause Rainbow Trout are a Gamefish, that's all I got. Someone a little more articulate and knowledgeable than me will have to explain this one. But it's not a bad question.

seal
04-16-2010, 12:22 PM

Sorry debating with a knucklehead takes way too much of my energy....

Bassman1974
04-16-2010, 12:27 PM
About time!

DarkShadow
04-16-2010, 01:44 PM

For starters, sardines are native to the waters where people use them for live bait. By using sardines, they're not introducing a non-native species to a small freshwater environment.

IncredibleHuck
04-16-2010, 02:57 PM
What about live sardines in the ocean? o cat got your toung same differance as trout for LM or strippers. I wish you guys would spend 1/2 the effort fishing and posting reports than you haters bashing people for useing live bait.

Dude what the heck is your problem here. He was fishing ILLEGALLY with the goldfish. So are you one to break the rules too?

Sardines in the ocean? Before you assume no one is going to respond to you, don't jump the gun with the cat got your tounge bit ok.

And Dark Shadow responded to that comment of yours, so there is no need to respond do such an imbecile.

seal
04-16-2010, 03:31 PM
About time!

I guess you told me huh? Man remind me never to mix it up with a genius of your caliber. My hat's off to ya, your the man!

Bassman1974
04-16-2010, 03:37 PM
HMMMM so what u just said is that it is OK to use live bait if it is a native to the waters you are fishing, so everyone can now use live trout the the LM and stripers, what its a native, come on guys relax, its not like he took more that his limit. You guys are all wound up to tight, go fishing and relax, Hey River at least I got them off your back LOL.

chuxder
04-16-2010, 03:43 PM
Do you know what the first rule of doing illegal things is? Don't talk about doing illegal thing! (In a public forum, easily accessible by those how could catch you) First you use the goldfish illegally, now you are clearly stating it on here?

I couldn't agree with you more Fireball. That would be just like robbing a bank, filming it, then posting it on "You Tube", so everyone, including the "law enforcement" see's it, all the while you're believing your hommies are going to think you're the man!!!

There's and old saying. "Its better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are stupid, than to open it, and remove all doubt". You not only told on yourself, and now let everyone what boat you will be in. Why don't you just make it easy for everyone and upload your picture so they can post it on Most Dumbest Criminals. Do you think only fisherman read these posts? You better save all that money you are spending on goldfish, cause you are gonna need it for the $$$ Big A-- Fine$$ you are going to have to pay, once they run up on you. Just saying.................

Bassman1974
04-16-2010, 03:43 PM
Dude what the heck is your problem here. He was fishing ILLEGALLY with the goldfish. So are you one to break the rules too?

Sardines in the ocean? Before you assume no one is going to respond to you, don't jump the gun with the cat got your tounge bit ok.

And Dark Shadow responded to that comment of yours, so there is no need to respond do such an imbecile.

To answer your question if I use live bait, the answer is no! but do I have a problem with, well I guess you know the answer to that.

exfactor
04-16-2010, 03:47 PM
Perhaps you might have read the report earlier about the Black sea bass caught on Huntington pier back in February. After all was said and done, DFG went to the dudes house, and cited him. All because he needed to be the man on the internet. I'm not judging, but think you might want to tone it down a notch, just in case stuff happens.

IncredibleHuck
04-16-2010, 03:57 PM
HMMMM so what u just said is that it is OK to use live bait if it is a native to the waters you are fishing, so everyone can now use live trout the the LM and stripers, what its a native, come on guys relax, its not like he took more that his limit. You guys are all wound up to tight, go fishing and relax, Hey River at least I got them off your back LOL.

Are you that ignorant that you just don't get the LAW? Come on now buddy i'm hoping you're not. You just want to stretch the words we have to fit your own laws.

If a lake has certain rules you must abide by then. Goldfish can be used down at the river, but not in elsinore. Live trout are illegal to use all throughout California. Simple as that.

We are trying to help him messing up next time.

IncredibleHuck
04-16-2010, 03:59 PM
To answer your question if I use live bait, the answer is no! but do I have a problem with, well I guess you know the answer to that.

No tell us what do you have a problem with? Law abiding citizens? Fisherman like you are the ones that give us bad names in the eyes of all of those PETA wack jobs! Keep up the good work with that ok. ;)

Bassnman Mike
04-16-2010, 04:13 PM
There's and old saying. "Its better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are stupid, than to open it, and remove all doubt". You not only told on yourself, and now let everyone what boat you will be in. Why don't you just make it easy for everyone and upload your picture. Do you think only fisherman read these post? Are you trying to get caught on purpose? You better save that money you are spending on goldfish, cause you are gonna need it for the $$$ Big A-- Fine $$$$ you are going to have to pay once they run up on you.

I seriously doubt he actually owns the boat he mentioned in his post because I find it very hard to believe that anyone could really be that stupid.................... Then again, who knows? I wonder if he's trying to set someone else up.

However, the more I follow this thread the more I'm starting to think that just maybe the dude is just a troll trying to get a reaction out of us, to which I must say, he is succeeding.

IncredibleHuck
04-16-2010, 04:16 PM
I seriously doubt he actually owns the boat he mentioned in his post because I find it very hard to believe that anyone could really be that stupid.................... Then again, who knows? I wonder if he's trying to set someone else up.

However, the more I follow this thread the more I'm starting to think that just maybe the dude is just a troll trying to get a reaction out of us, to which I must say, he is succeeding.

Im thinking more along those lines too! I think he may be both guys posting here.

TheRiver
04-16-2010, 05:41 PM
Caught these on Tuesday 04/13/2010 (29 total)
with my bare hands....lol
You guys need to channel that emotion and energy elsewhere, go help the less fortunate or something...
Or you can keep debating with each other.

Bassman1974
04-16-2010, 06:11 PM
Are you that ignorant that you just don't get the LAW? Come on now buddy i'm hoping you're not. You just want to stretch the words we have to fit your own laws.

If a lake has certain rules you must abide by then. Goldfish can be used down at the river, but not in elsinore. Live trout are illegal to use all throughout California. Simple as that.

We are trying to help him messing up next time.
OK Ok guys its wrong to use gold fish, there I said it, what about bare hands? is that ok. LOL

phantom 34
04-16-2010, 06:25 PM
Caught these on Tuesday 04/13/2010 (29 total)
with my bare hands....lol
You guys need to channel that emotion and energy elsewhere, go help the less fortunate or something...
Or you can keep debating with each other.

what happened to the pic of the bucket of live gold fish in the background?

TheRiver
04-16-2010, 06:41 PM
This one? lol...
Ok! now you're just making it up now..

Anyone going out tomorrow? now that I have your attention!
Yeah! that may be wrong, but they are really eating up the green jigs, you should try it.