PDA

View Full Version : Silverwood 4/09/10

Troutman65
04-09-2010, 01:25 PM
Decided to hit up Silverwood this morning with friends CASTAWAY, Troutoholic, & Iron Worker Wayne. Got to the lake before sunrise . Nice morning . I set one rod for trout ( Timster Special ) and one for Linesides ( Anchovie ) . CASTY did the same . There were a good amount of people there . I think Spring break is still going on . Troutoholic was first to get a trout. Nice 2 lber. I had one bump on my Lineside rod and nothing for some time so I decide to put out another trout set up as trout were biting . I soon got a nice hit and I set the hook and the fight was on . Instantly took off and line peeled from my reel and it made a good run. ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz . I always like when that happens. :LOL:It made one jump and I reeled her in and onto the shore . She was spitting eggs and had beautiful colors and full tail . It was a nice chunky 2 lber apox. maybe 2 1/4 . With that one landed hope was up for Wayne & CASTY to get their trout. It was not to be as the wind started blowin at 8:15 AM and it just kept blowin and was down right crummy. Shut down the bite to boot . Packed it in and headed home .

Mojave River Angler
04-09-2010, 01:37 PM
Yep, been windy up here in the desert for the last two weeks strong. We've got about another 2 weeks to go and things will settle down. Can't wait for warmer weather. Nice that you didn't go home empty handed...as I did the last three trips up there. That is one tough lake to fish at times. Keep up the good work. Thanks for reporting.

CASTAWAY
04-09-2010, 01:50 PM
like TM65 posted. i had hope until the wind started blowing. but in the short time trying to catch i had a few bite on the chovies. nothing major. but good job Troutaholic and TM65. maybe i'll get em' next time... here's a pix of TM65 and his trout. pix didn't give it justice but it is a chunky one.....lol
http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq264/castaway06_2008/img1270845514972.jpg?t=1270845622

seal
04-09-2010, 02:12 PM
Yup the trout have been coming around as of late, it's about time! Good job at the Wood!

The stripers are just starting to come up, it's going to take a while yet, although there have been some nice cat's caught recently in the area that you were fishing. That wind will be up here all Spring long I'm afraid, I hate the damn wind.

Nessie Hunter
04-09-2010, 02:29 PM
Thanks for coming up and leaving me digging ditches in my yard all day, planting trees and shrubs.. Yahooo's !!!!

Those Wood Trout are pretty darn strong huh?? .. Holdovers fight like wild animals!!! (oops, they are wild animals).. LOL

Is that the Hand launch dock I see in back?? Cleghorn??
Thats my spot darn it.. I launch my tube there........ LOL
Didnt you see the *Reserved for Nessie* sign !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Troutman65
04-09-2010, 02:48 PM
Frank, I should of sent a PM to ask if you wanted to meet us there this morning . At least it was a nice day to be out in your yard working .:LOL::Wink: No tubers out there this morning . I am sending you a PM about Tomorrow . Thanks for reading

Mojave River Angler , It sure is a tuff lake to fish. With the water level going up & down like it does and the wind . Usually the wind don't start till later in the morning . But thats Silverwood and Spring time . Thanks for reading .

Seal , yeah Troutoholic & I have both landed some nice CATFISH & Linesides in that area during the fall . Thanks for reading

seal
04-09-2010, 03:07 PM
Didnt you see the *Reserved for Nessie* sign !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I tore it down it now says reserved for Seal! Funny we haven't met out there yet, what type of tube do you use? I'll keep my eyes out for you, I will be out this weekend with my sail on the ODC420, it's gonna be blow'n again.

Troutman65
04-09-2010, 03:37 PM
I tore it down it now says reserved for Seal! Funny we haven't met out there yet, what type of tube do you use? I'll keep my eyes out for you, I will be out this weekend with my sail on the ODC420, it's gonna be blow'n again.

Seal, UMmmmm :Rolls Eyes: I took down your sign after I left and put up my own

TM65 fishes here only .

:LOL:

Nessie Hunter
04-09-2010, 06:08 PM

I have the Blue ODC 420, old guy, short white hair.. (Cougar Killer)..... LMAO....
** The one catching ALL the fish **..!!! LOL
'Red' ford ranger xtra cab, big tires and Gonfishin stickers in the back window...!!!!
I can back right down to the water, throw the tube in, go park and fish my buns off...

No fishing for me through this weekend.. I have all my front yard dug up, planting trees and shrubs...
Nursing blisters and sore muscles !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LEAVE MY DARN SIGN ALONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seal
04-09-2010, 06:52 PM
I have the Blue ODC 420, old guy, short white hair.. (Cougar Killer)..... LMAO....
** The one catching ALL the fish **..!!! LOL
'Red' ford ranger xtra cab, big tires and Gonfishin stickers in the back window...!!!!
I can back right down to the water, throw the tube in, go park and fish my buns off...

No fishing for me through this weekend.. I have all my front yard dug up, planting trees and shrubs...
Nursing blisters and sore muscles !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LEAVE MY DARN SIGN ALONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool I'll be the guy with a Keystone Light in his hand and driving a Nissan Truck with a Lic Plate that references Fly Fishing.

Troutman65
04-09-2010, 07:29 PM
I'll see you both out there . I'll be the guy slaying the trout from shore .:LOL::Wink:

Troutman65
04-10-2010, 02:15 PM
I just fried up my two trout fillets Dr. Hook Style . Dixie Fry coating and fried in corn oil till crispy brown. Fresh Squeezed lemon with a few dashes of Lousinana hot sauce ( I did not have any Tabacco ) Was a nice tasty snack. Did mention the meat from the trout was pink ? :Big Grin: