PDA

View Full Version : Willow Beach 4/2/10

chappy23us
04-09-2010, 12:52 PM
Headed out last week to the in-laws place in Vegas and I have always wanted to trout fish the Colorado River. Stopped at Bass Pro at the Silverton and picked up a two day Nevada non-resident license witha Colorado River tag for $25 each for the wife and I. If you dont know (I didnt) Willow Beach is actually located in AZ but the River tag allows you to fish with your NV license. Each Friday the federal fish hatchery plants trout in the Willow Beach area. We arrived at Willow Beach at 1000 hours after about a 1 hour drive from the in-laws place in Henderson. We fished for about two hours and ended up with 4 stocker bows all caught on PowerBait. We hooked up about 7 times but it is tough with the kids. All in all we had a great time and the facilities are excellent and clean. If you are in Vegas and want something to to with the kids make the short drive and you will not be disappointed.

team760
04-09-2010, 03:14 PM
nice report and pics..family fishing is always good...i might want to try that area someday soon...T.

boxl0bster
04-09-2010, 11:20 PM
good job out there! looks like the family had a blast. did you happen to make it to the hatchery?

fishfinder
04-21-2010, 12:40 AM
If you dont know (I didnt) Willow Beach is actually located in AZ but the River tag allows you to fish with your NV license. .

glad the trout didn't dissapoint. but next time you go, make sure you are fishng on the side of the river you have the state fishing license for. if you are in a boat it doesn't matter though. jsut don't want any-one else to read this and get in trouble. if any-one knows of any other rule than this please chime in.

Colorado River Special Use Stamps

Colorado River Special Use Stamps are required when fishing from
a boat on waters that form mutual boundaries between Arizona and
California or Nevada or when fishing from the shorelines of those
states. A Utah Lake Powell Stamp (reciprocal permit) allows an
Arizona resident licensee to fish the Utah portion of Lake Powell. An
Arizona Lake Powell Stamp allows a Utah resident licensee to fish the
Arizona portion of Lake Powell. See pages 6 and 8. (See also A.R.S.
17-342 and R12-4-312 on pages 49 and 51.)

http://www.azgfd.gov/pdfs/h_f/regulations/FishingRegulations.pdf

WARRIORMIKE
05-02-2010, 08:56 AM
glad the trout didn't dissapoint. but next time you go, make sure you are fishng on the side of the river you have the state fishing license for. if you are in a boat it doesn't matter though. jsut don't want any-one else to read this and get in trouble. if any-one knows of any other rule than this please chime in.

Colorado River Special Use Stamps

Colorado River Special Use Stamps are required when fishing from
a boat on waters that form mutual boundaries between Arizona and
California or Nevada or when fishing from the shorelines of those
states. A Utah Lake Powell Stamp (reciprocal permit) allows an
Arizona resident licensee to fish the Utah portion of Lake Powell. An
Arizona Lake Powell Stamp allows a Utah resident licensee to fish the
Arizona portion of Lake Powell. See pages 6 and 8. (See also A.R.S.
17-342 and R12-4-312 on pages 49 and 51.)

http://www.azgfd.gov/pdfs/h_f/regulations/FishingRegulations.pdf

He was fine with the River stamp.

Also if you keep fishing Willow beach, there are plenty of big ones in that area. I am actually surprised you guys caught "striper snack" size trout there. Good job!!! Plenty to explore in that area too.