PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With SARL Spot!!

Wiretekaaron
04-08-2010, 09:36 PM
Hello all, long time watcher, first time poster here... I usually fish Irvine, but have a customer who wants to give SARL a try tomorrow. Can anyone suggest the best place right now for trout on the lake? It has been a very long time since I was there, but it used to be boat docks or water pipes? Hopefully someone has been there recently and can give me some insight.. Thanks again and hopefully will have some good reporting later tomorrow!

Aaron

fluffy56214
04-08-2010, 09:41 PM
sup. try the pumphouse, la palma point, chris’ pond, three pipes, and the bubblehole. hope this helps. good luck

Redside
04-08-2010, 09:49 PM
Those are all good spots. If it is not crowded (like at night), try a spot for an hour or so, if no action, pick up and move.

Wiretekaaron
04-08-2010, 09:50 PM
Thanks for the reply, but that seems like the entire lake! :) I was kinda hoping someone has had some recent sucess at a particular spot that they could share... Thanks again!

Marley
04-08-2010, 10:44 PM
If I were choosing one spot to fish right now it would be either La Palma Point or the handicapped lot on tha backside of Chris' Pond. Using blown half-crawlers. Good luck!

troutdog
04-08-2010, 10:58 PM
Wish I could give you some additional advice, but Sarl has been a tough nut to crack for many people this season with all that shad in the water. I have heard good things about La Palma Point as well, good luck to you!

TD

BigBass777
04-08-2010, 11:51 PM
Chris Pond in the far back mid section. Take a 1/2oz egg sinker and toss it to the middle of the lake. Chartreuse glitter powerbait with garlic scent should do the trick. Leader length about 10-12 inches on 4lb line. A 1/2 inflated nightcrawler is always a go to bait as well. You can also dip the crawler in the garlic scent too. I found that a #8 Eagle Claw baitholder hook works well with inflated crawlers. You can toss them really far out with a 1/2oz sinker and they won't fall off.

Wiretekaaron
04-09-2010, 05:05 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the heads up! Ended up going to La Palma point and had one of the best/worst days ever. Around 9:30, the fish started biting and then it just got crazy.. I must have had a hole cause I was getting nailed all over the place, but NOTHING would stay on or take the bait! I ended up with 2 fish (Ouch), farmed 7 or 8, and had around 20-25 solid bites! They were going absolutely crazy over Gulp pink/orange Sherbet dipped in Berkley green Garlic Sauce. The key was using a 1/2 ounce sinker and casting as far as possible! Anyway, I felt like a ten year old losing all those fish, but I guess that is how it goes some days. Tried letting them take it, tried immediate hook set... either way seemed to screw me. Maybe too much PB or too small a hook. Oh well, had lots of fun and my neighbor caught 4 trout. So total between us was 6. Not too shabby...

Thisfool
04-09-2010, 06:01 PM
i would try all the spots the lake is small and has a road allthe way around it and if you pack light you could walk from spot to spot. the lake is bassicly a giant swimming pool its not like there is anything you need to climb or jump over