PDA

View Full Version : SoCal Twilight 7/14

rusty6
07-15-2007, 10:56 AM
Wanted to get a shot at some of those turd rollers out there so i went out on the socal, seeing how they've had the best pick at the bass, albeit somewhat slow pick, but the best. Night started off poorly when my friend bailed on me :evil: so it ended up being a solo trip for me. Left port at 6:30 on the nose and got to the barge to pick up a mix of micro deans and anchovies. as we were getting bait, i dropped down a drop shotted gulp jerk shad in white, bam, first fish on the boat ends up being an enormous white croaker. then i watched a swarm of large mackeral hit at anything, including a cigarette butt on the water. Went to our first spot, lots of marks, all lockjaw. second spot, 1 bass on the boat. third spot, lots of bites, 2 hookups, now there are 3 bass on the boat. as we leave for our 4th spot, i'm thinking, "its already 9:45, this trip is probably going to end with everyone getting skunked." got the 4th spot, same story, so the captian picks up the anchor and starts to leave so im thinking that we are heading in seeing as its 10:15 and thats typically the time the twilight boats head in. then we stop one last time. WFO on the turd rollers. maybe the bass are havig lockjaw until super late. i ended up keeping my limit of almost all 14"+ bass and one 4 pounder that lost the jackpot to a fish that was the same size as mine but pregnant. the fish were hitting live bait and the gulp jerk shad. they hit that shad like a freight train. got back to port at 12:30. that was by far the latest twilight ive ever been out on. great night. 30 something people caught near limits in 45 minutes at the last spot.

LBCBaller
07-15-2007, 09:09 PM
Nice to hear that you finally got into'em. Also cool that the captain stayed out later so that people could get their money's worth. Hoping to get on a twilight boat this Friday after work.

JapanRon
07-15-2007, 10:27 PM
Hi rusty6,

WTG on the fishys. Did you fish the gulp for your limit? Seems like those gulp jerk shad in white really work well if one wants to cheat! ha ha ha j/k

Who was the crew?

JapanRon

rusty6
07-15-2007, 10:44 PM
no, i only got 5 on the shad. sorry i cant remember who it was.

Ambassadorhawg
07-15-2007, 11:42 PM
Yeah Russell!

Grumpies on the twilight! Gotta love that.

taylorj11
07-16-2007, 04:25 PM
What area did you fish on the twilight ???

Brad100
07-16-2007, 06:37 PM
...then i watched a swarm of large mackeral hit at anything, including a cigarette butt on the water.

Nice report... hope that butt wasn't yours! (Couldn't be, an FNN'er wouldn't trash up the ocean like that!)

http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/butt.JPG

Ambassadorhawg
07-17-2007, 07:07 AM
BRAD100,

I am sure it wasn't his... no AND's, IF's or BUTT's!!!