PDA

View Full Version : Special instructions and hours for the april 10th and 11th due to mud run.

vineline
04-08-2010, 12:16 PM
The Lake will be open for fishing as usual starting at 5:00 a.m. Private boaters will be parking in Woody's Cove, shore fishermen and folks renting boats will be able to walk in.
Shuttles will be running all day from 5:30am. until 3 p.m.

Thank you,
vineline

seal
04-08-2010, 12:27 PM
What about float tubes? Will they be allowed to drive in to launch or will they need to pack the tubes in?????

Was thinking about tubing for the first time in ages out there this weekend.

Hitts0n
04-08-2010, 12:52 PM
Very good info.Now I know I have to camp the night before in the parkinglot!

vineline
04-08-2010, 02:07 PM
What about float tubes? Will they be allowed to drive in to launch or will they need to pack the tubes in?????

Was thinking about tubing for the first time in ages out there this weekend.

Float tubers will have to backpack it in also.

Mondo21
04-08-2010, 04:04 PM
I was sooo excited in coming on Saturday,until you said "Shuttle" is starting at 5:30. You said we can start fishing at 5:00am. But... The Shuttle starts rolling at 5:30. I want to get to the Flats, so only God knows when The Shuttle will get me to the Flats,it could be after 6am.
"NOT COOL BRO" Cindy

vineline
04-08-2010, 04:24 PM
I said 5:30 a.m. so we can gather a few people to shuttle out. It takes some time to get people to the courtesy dock. When we have a full boat we will start shuttling.

Prowler_Tuber
04-08-2010, 05:21 PM
umm some of our tubes have a lot of gear; are we really going to be required to make several trips in?? Can you reconsider this please, it would make sense to allow us in to drop off our gear turn around and park or park somewhere else . When we limit its going to be a really big hassle hauling a tube, rods, waders and fish to the lot. Thank you in advance.

PT

Daryl
04-08-2010, 05:35 PM
umm some of our tubes have a lot of gear; are we really going to be required to make several trips in?? Can you reconsider this please, it would make sense to allow us in to drop off our gear turn around and park or park somewhere else . When we limit its going to be a really big hassle hauling a tube, rods, waders and fish to the lot. Thank you in advance.

PT

Tubers are required to pay a launch fee; it would make sense to treat them the same as you would a boater. They are both launching a watercraft.

seal
04-08-2010, 08:08 PM
Tubers are required to pay a launch fee; it would make sense to treat them the same as you would a boater. They are both launching a watercraft.

I concur! Although I make much longer hikes with a tube than that but there is that extra fee, I would be happy to strap it on if no extra fee was involved.

Hitts0n
04-08-2010, 10:51 PM
Im gonna pass on saturday for fishing.I heard thousands of mud runners are gonna be ther.So im cool on that.I say fish else where until sunday.I wanted to go cuss the homie 2quik was gonna be there but forget it.I'll pass ! I heard it shell in a cell !

Big Daddy
04-09-2010, 06:57 AM
Im gonna pass on saturday for fishing.I heard thousands of mud runners are gonna be ther.So im cool on that.I say fish else where until sunday.I wanted to go cuss the homie 2quik was gonna be there but forget it.I'll pass ! I heard it shell in a cell !

Hitts if you read the earlier report it say's Saturday and Sunday are the Mud Runs. Could Be rough especially for tubers packing their tubes.

Prowler_Tuber
04-09-2010, 08:06 AM
Same here I got to pass Ill just wait till next week

shh777
04-09-2010, 08:11 AM
I just called the lake and a staff member said the kid's lagoon is open on both days. I would like to go fishing on Sunday. Is the kid's lagoon going to be open? Thanks.

vineline
04-09-2010, 08:32 AM
Due to the mud run, the lagoon will be closed Saturday and Sunday.

Will re open on Monday.

vineline

the killa
04-09-2010, 08:42 AM
I'm gonna go watch the tuna boil around the lake on saturday...

NV"CATTRACKER"
04-09-2010, 09:33 AM
Me and my dad were going to go out there too for our annual father and son fishin trip but i'm gonna go somewhere else. I do understand that this is another way for the lake to make more money but when 95% of the lakes money comes from fisherman why do we have to be thrown in the back seat? It's not fare. it should be the other way around. Dont get me wrong, Irvine is my favorite lake to fish and i spend ALOT of time and money there. I just dont agree on this event and why fisherman are being taken care of last. WE SHOULD BE FIRST. This is a fishing lake, not a mud run event lake. If it wasent for ALL the fisherman that go there DAILY this lake probably would of already closed down due to how bad the economy is. Yes i'm kinda mad at the way they have this event set up. Thanks for reading and hope all who go fishing at irvine this weekend make it out safe. It's going to be a mad house.

Mondo21
04-09-2010, 09:50 AM
I said 5:30 a.m. so we can gather a few people to shuttle out. It takes some time to get people to the courtesy dock. When we have a full boat we will start shuttling.

I PASS... It sounds like it going to be "CRAZY" :EyePop: I'll see you Guys next weekend Daniella. Cindy
P.S. One of the MAIN reasons I like Irvine(besides you & your Staff) is that I can park next to where I fish.

NV"CATTRACKER"
04-09-2010, 10:36 AM
I second that mondo21. The entire staff if one of a kind but this weekend is going to be hell for fisherman. Which is not fare.

Thisfool
04-09-2010, 11:59 AM
Me and my dad were going to go out there too for our annual father and son fishin trip but i'm gonna go somewhere else. I do understand that this is another way for the lake to make more money but when 95% of the lakes money comes from fisherman why do we have to be thrown in the back seat? It's not fare. it should be the other way around. Dont get me wrong, Irvine is my favorite lake to fish and i spend ALOT of time and money there. I just dont agree on this event and why fisherman are being taken care of last. WE SHOULD BE FIRST. This is a fishing lake, not a mud run event lake. If it wasent for ALL the fisherman that go there DAILY this lake probably would of already closed down due to how bad the economy is. Yes i'm kinda mad at the way they have this event set up. Thanks for reading and hope all who go fishing at irvine this weekend make it out safe. It's going to be a mad house.

Wow its one weekend out of the year. And they are letting fishermen in an extra hour early. And from what I understand a large amount of money gets donated to a very worthy cause.

From what vinline has said they are trying to accommodate fishermen as best they can with this event going on around the lake and no one is forcing anyone to go fishing at Irvine that weekend we as fishermen and fisherwoman have the option to go or to simply plan on going another time.

IT REALY IS NOT A BIG DEAL.

troutdog
04-09-2010, 12:19 PM
Gotta agree with ThatFool....and if you do brave the initial masses you should have lots of open water to fish. There are lots of fish with tails like the one pictured on the bottom waiting to pull some drag!
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj285/troutdog_photobucket/024.jpg

Have a great weekend and slay some fish!(unless your bassing of course :Wink:)

TD

SILVERADO SLAYER
04-09-2010, 01:39 PM
No thank you !!

vineline
04-09-2010, 02:21 PM
Good afternoon FNN:

With my post I seem to have made some of you feel like the fishermen don't come first. Let me just say we have done everything we can to make sure your fishing day is as easy and convenient as possible. We are opening up 1 hour early to make sure that our fishermen are taken care of and fishing as soon as possible. We as a staff, including management are very concerned about our fishermen and will do our very best to make sure that everyone is able to get to where they want to go as quickly and as conveniently as possible. Our shuttles will be running all day, we made sure the fishermen had the premier parking lot for easy access, we have brought in extra staff and volunteers to make sure everything runs smoothly.
We stocked the lake with beautiful trout today so rest assured that tomorrow we will be open for fishing and our staff will do their best to make your fishing day a pleasant one.
Keep on fishing,
Vineline