PDA

View Full Version : Doane Pond this past weekend - 4/03 - 4/04

newbefisher
04-07-2010, 08:51 PM
Sorry, a little late on the report. Went camping at Palomar Mountain this past weekend and it was freakin cold at night. The park has been closed since November due to budget cuts, so I knew the fishing would be great and it was. I took my two nephews with me and they had a blast. Walked to the pond from the campsite around 7am and headed to my usual spot. We only used two poles as we where getting bites within a minute or so of casting out. We fished for about 2 hours, keeping 8 for dinner and releasing too many to count.
Went back later in the afternoon after a long hike with my brother, his two year old, and two other kids he brought up for the day. Within 20 minutes or so, both kids caught their first two fish ever and my 2 year old nephew caught one as well. We had the older kids kiss their first fish which was pretty funny. If it works, here is a video of one of them kissing their fish:

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1277620501854&ref=mf#!/video/video.php?v=1277620501854&ref=mf

We went back on Sunday morning, to bring a few trout home. It was a little slower, but we caught what we wanted (9) within a couple of hours (there was three of us fishing btw). I should say we only kept 9, caught at least double that. Released the small ones or ones that was easy to unhook.

Used PB on most of the fish. Caught one or two with a NC, but it was easier to just use PB. It was a blast, can't wait to go back with the family. I just have to wait until it warms up a little more. They don't like the cold.

LuvThymetal
04-08-2010, 01:45 AM
Something is wrong here.

carpanglerdude
04-08-2010, 01:44 PM
Facebook object? *Facepalm*

P.A.W.
04-08-2010, 08:09 PM
Doane is OK if you go on a day that groups of 6 or 8 family members aren't casting over your line. Last time I was there I saw MANY big bass and promised myself to return with a bass-frog and some braided line.