PDA

View Full Version : NPH late and short but productive report 4/4

DEADROOTS
04-07-2010, 04:25 PM
Fishing was awesome! I only 3 hours but it was epic!

I arived at 9 and fished just passed noon.

I stuck a 21" Hali with a Flashminnow on my first stop.

(Hey Geordy, the halis starting to bite in that spot that you mentioned getting kicked out of:Secret: .)

Within that hour I worked the docks and landed couple more in the 17-19 range.

That bit sizzled so I moved and found a couple of Gordinky bass (Spotted/Barred sand bass)

Then moved towards the floating bait barge to jig around and guess what.... It's not there:LOL:

Can somebody fill me in on what happened to it?

Anyways,

I threw some hard plastic to see what was out there and sure enough the first thing on,

Cuda!

After the second one I was over them .. Three trebles in their mouths mess them up B-time...

That was the end of my short but productive morning!:Beer Toast:

Fishbones
04-07-2010, 05:31 PM
thanks for the report, looks like good fishing with a multi species day at that....nice.

from what i know....they move it to a dock for the winter....

Ren714
04-07-2010, 05:38 PM
Nice mix you got there.

GGA
04-07-2010, 05:57 PM
good mix of fishes, good day considering the wind.

flyngby
04-07-2010, 08:19 PM
The bait barge will be there soon! It seems like they are caught up in a political battle with the City of Newport! I think they said it will be there in the next 2 weeks!

Nice morning session!

Steve

Wingnut
04-07-2010, 08:42 PM
Pretty nice solo session DR, gonna try to get back out there again in a couple of weeks. :Cool:

samgann93
04-07-2010, 09:30 PM
i was in nph this morning. they areworkng on the barge

Jaysuuun
04-07-2010, 09:40 PM
Nice report! I have yet to try a flashminnow or any kind of crankbait in NPH. Looks like the hardbait got the flatties all worked up for you. WTG

El Capo
04-07-2010, 10:12 PM
I heard it will be back up and running in the morning, Nice report and fishing.

DEADROOTS
04-08-2010, 04:30 PM
from what i know....they move it to a dock for the winter....

O.. I c.. Thanks!

Nice mix you got there.
Thanks! They were fun to catch.

good mix of fishes, good day considering the wind.
Thank you. The wind was quite a nuisance.

The bait barge will be there soon! It seems like they are caught up in a political battle with the City of Newport! I think they said it will be there in the next 2 weeks!

Nice morning session!

Steve

Thanks. I hope so I love jigging around it. See ya out there some time:Beer Toast:

Pretty nice solo session DR, gonna try to get back out there again in a couple of weeks. :Cool:
Thank you! Everything was hitting your favorite lure... I have to get into drop-shotting.

i was in nph this morning. they areworkng on the barge

Sweet!

Nice report! I have yet to try a flashminnow or any kind of crankbait in NPH. Looks like the hardbait got the flatties all worked up for you. WTG
The bass along with other randoms hit most fresh water cranks and jerks also.
Ive seen a youtube video of a guy on a kayak fishing a spinner bait in Catalina and hook up on a monster Halibut :Smile:

I heard it will be back up and running in the morning, Nice report and fishing.

Thanks! I missed that dock when I went that day. That area always produces for me.