PDA

View Full Version : littlerock resevoir

hrnytoad102
04-07-2010, 12:00 PM
Went to littlerock resevoir yesterday to go fishing, and when i arrived their, the launch ramp was blocked, and a sign was posted, that the lake was closed to outside watercraft, because of the quagga mussel issue we have in california. The reason i am posting this, is I need a brainstorm, or an avenue, to persue, to require a resident inspection person, at the lake full time. I can see in time, that lakes will be closed, with this issue, due too no inspection personnel, and what we need is a database, thats nationwide, that shows vessels, that have been launched in waters that have the quagga mussel investations, and also implement a system, that allows inspected vessels, with the cable system, connected to the boat, and trailer, to be transferrable, from one lake to another, any suggestions

4_D_ HALIBUT
04-07-2010, 11:15 PM
Here's an idea..........

They could assign each boat and trailer a bar code that can be scanned by a hand held bar code scanner, when entering the lake. This data can easily be uploaded to either a statewide or national database. This will provide every lake operator with the launch history of every boat and trailer. It would show where the boat has been launched, and the dates of each launch, and if it they were inspected. Pretty simple really.

Sir Catchalot
04-08-2010, 01:22 PM
The staff at Littlerock Dam are deadbeats. They want to force you to rent their crappy over priced boats.

wackyrigged
04-09-2010, 12:02 AM
they should have a certified boat inspecter soon for summer at least its more of a water district forestry service dispute right now

tpfishnfool
04-11-2010, 07:13 AM
The staff at Littlerock Dam are deadbeats. They want to force you to rent their crappy over priced boats.

Not true man ! They have there hand to the fire just like everywhere else.. Get a clue foo!!

Sir Catchalot
04-13-2010, 12:58 PM
Not true man ! They have there hand to the fire just like everywhere else.. Get a clue foo!!

Whatever dude, the facts speak for themself. They potentially had a good thing and their f---ing it up. Anyone who has spent time there can see that. I stand by my post.

TroutOnly
04-13-2010, 01:43 PM
Some of that is in place , they need to get everyone up to speed,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if the water wasnt highjacked by the palmdale water district ,you would probably be able to launch,they take most all of the water that comes out of there,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i know i wanted to go up a do a little fishing and read the atricle in the local paper talking about the ban,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Sir Catchalot
04-13-2010, 03:06 PM
Some of that is in place , they need to get everyone up to speed,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if the water wasnt highjacked by the palmdale water district ,you would probably be able to launch,they take most all of the water that comes out of there,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i know i wanted to go up a do a little fishing and read the atricle in the local paper talking about the ban,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I do agree with TroutOnly. I just hate to see a lake that could potentially be (if managed correctly) one of the best in the AV go to waste. And god knows the AV is straving for good fishing lakes.

RiPsTheLMB
04-13-2010, 03:37 PM
i agree with that place being great if well managed.. but the fact of the matter is this mussle is ruining a good enviorment! the best spots there are on the other side of the lake,where you obviously need a boat. most people wanna boat there..now thats not gonna happen. next you have almost the whole west side of the shore infested with people swimming and jumping out of trees, gettin all in your casting range and worst of all killing your water! and along with those kind you have there trash left behind..not cool! half the time you spend there is casting into trees becase the wind is blowin right at you 50 mph or pouching someones elses spot becase some kid is throwing his football right at the water in front of you! so if you enjoyed reading this from someone who KNOWS (LRD) i just WOULD NOT waste my time at a place like that anymore. PS i would rather punch the time clock at the lagoon and get that piggy!

Sir Catchalot
04-13-2010, 06:41 PM
I think that the staff at Littlerock Dam need to take some lessons from the Brite Lake school of management. Brite Lake is part of the Kern County Municipal Water District and is protected water. But somehow they still allow boating and camping without having too many water issues. I'd be willing to pay a few bucks at the gate to have a decently managed and maintained lake that was relatively close by and has the potential of being a great lake to fish.

hrnytoad102
04-14-2010, 10:49 PM
can u tell me when the article was written

hrnytoad102
04-16-2010, 02:47 PM
The owner at the store doesn't have anything to do with blocking off the ramp, in fact he has lost alot of revenue, when they were working on the dam construction, and then when they closed the gates to littlerock creek. Im still brainstorming with boating & waterways, littlerock irrigation district, palmdale water district, and the forest service. When the dam was raised, the lake was to become a recreational area, with a boat launch, marina, camping, and stocking of catfish, bass, crappie, blugill, and trout, and keep the water level up enough, for year around recreation. Their was never any stockings, whats their is whats been their all along, and only in recent years has the lake level, stayed up enough, for both fishing and 4 wheeling.

tpfishnfool
04-17-2010, 08:45 AM
The owner at the store doesn't have anything to do with blocking off the ramp, in fact he has lost alot of revenue, when they were working on the dam construction, and then when they closed the gates to littlerock creek. Im still brainstorming with boating & waterways, littlerock irrigation district, palmdale water district, and the forest service. When the dam was raised, the lake was to become a recreational area, with a boat launch, marina, camping, and stocking of catfish, bass, crappie, blugill, and trout, and keep the water level up enough, for year around recreation. Their was never any stockings, whats their is whats been their all along, and only in recent years has the lake level, stayed up enough, for both fishing and 4 wheeling.

Well said Toad, Some people need to a little research before they pop off...

Sir Catchalot
04-17-2010, 04:28 PM
Maybe the staff at Littlerock Dam can't fix everything or please everyone but I know they could do better than they have. If they want to succeed they need to try and give people a place worth going to instead of a waste of time and a $5.00 Adventure Pass.

fishnut
04-17-2010, 05:17 PM
I have been there alot. In the past I have gotten there about 7:30. The store does not seem to be open -would like to have coffee maybe a little bite to eat.Maybe if they see what people are complaining about they can fix it. Maybe do a better job showing people they are open. I WOULD LOVE TO SUPPORT OUR LOCAL WATERS .

wackyrigged
04-17-2010, 05:45 PM
thanx 4 clearifacation sh dont tell anyone i got a five pounder there 2day

fishnut
04-17-2010, 06:06 PM
cool 5 pound what.

Sir Catchalot
04-17-2010, 06:52 PM
I have been there alot. In the past I have gotten there about 7:30. The store does not seem to be open -would like to have coffee maybe a little bite to eat.Maybe if they see what people are complaining about they can fix it. Maybe do a better job showing people they are open. I WOULD LOVE TO SUPPORT OUR LOCAL WATERS .

I would be the first in line to support Littlerock Dam if I knew what kind of support would be the most productive. It is afterall part of our local waters. But from what I've seen I'm not sure that Littlerock Dam even wants any support.