PDA

View Full Version : A great day at Irvine with my daughter 4/6

fongster
04-06-2010, 08:29 PM
Seeing as I was bringing my 5 1/2 y/o, I thought our arrival time of 10 am was doing pretty good. We hadn't been since before Christmas and it appears that the water has come way up which threw me off some. We started at TI at a couple spots in 18-26 ft. for nothing. We then went to Santiago Flats for more of nothing. I was kind of at a loss and then the NE wind kicked up. This made for some frustrating fishing with the boat swinging even though scoped out on double anchors. My daughter likes having fish in the bait tank to play with so I figured I could at least put a bass in there. We headed for some shallow brush and I got a 1-13 (pounds-ounces) on a spinnerbait so that helped with the boredom. I then got a 2-0, a 2-8 and a 3-5. Not bad for just goofing around for them. I figure the bass bite is pretty good right now and had she not been there I would've stayed on them. But, we needed some meat. I finished up at Woody's and we got our sole trout, a 2-1 on a crawler. She had a blast landing it. An older guy up top gave us a 3-4 to make sure we had enough for the family. BTW, the one he gave us had nice orange meat, wonder if it was a diff kind of rainbow or maybe a steelhead? Fished until closing at 4 pm. Wind died by then, too.

Big Daddy
04-06-2010, 09:14 PM
Good job staying with it my friend and doing what you had to to bring meat home. I hope you had a great time enjoy the little ones while you can.

Big Daddy

mark_31
04-07-2010, 08:56 AM
Plan on going there friday. I nice work on the bass.

Mondo21
04-07-2010, 01:30 PM
Seeing as I was bringing my 5 1/2 y/o, I thought our arrival time of 10 am was doing pretty good. We hadn't been since before Christmas and it appears that the water has come way up which threw me off some. We started at TI at a couple spots in 18-26 ft. for nothing. We then went to Santiago Flats for more of nothing. I was kind of at a loss and then the NE wind kicked up. This made for some frustrating fishing with the boat swinging even though scoped out on double anchors. My daughter likes having fish in the bait tank to play with so I figured I could at least put a bass in there. We headed for some shallow brush and I got a 1-13 (pounds-ounces) on a spinnerbait so that helped with the boredom. I then got a 2-0, a 2-8 and a 3-5. Not bad for just goofing around for them. I figure the bass bite is pretty good right now and had she not been there I would've stayed on them. But, we needed some meat. I finished up at Woody's and we got our sole trout, a 2-1 on a crawler. She had a blast landing it. An older guy up top gave us a 3-4 to make sure we had enough for the family. BTW, the one he gave us had nice orange meat, wonder if it was a diff kind of rainbow or maybe a steelhead? Fished until closing at 4 pm. Wind died by then, too.

Try and take the little one to the Kid's Lagoon and let her take a wak at fishing. Set the hook and let her reel in the fish,with a little bit of your help of course. She will be hook for life. Thanks for the report. Cindy:Big Grin: