PDA

View Full Version : Trout Opener< Try and stop me

Joshua
04-06-2010, 08:20 PM
With all the bad news about lawsuits preventing fish plants, New Zealand mudsnail. budget problems.
I saw to hell with it. I am going fishing.
It isnt always about the number of fish caught (but I am like a child that needs a steady bite to hold my interest)
I will be at Intake II to start the season. Who knows where I will end up.

Who else is going to make the trek North for some trout fishing.

stphnman20
04-06-2010, 08:23 PM
Excatly! The hell with it..

I'll be up there.. Leaving Wed morning, be back Sun night.. Gonna be fishing up and down the 395.. lol

Troutman65
04-06-2010, 08:39 PM
I am not going for the opener . I will wait for a month or so then go up

retired96
04-07-2010, 06:37 AM
Nothing will stop me from 40th opener, will be up there Wed.morning for a week. The worst fishing is better than being in So. Cal..

billy b
04-07-2010, 11:21 AM
Hey retired ---

You and I must have come into this game at about the same time. Do you remember the cash register being at the front - left corner of Jack's waffle shop? I did 30 openers at June and then bought a cabin at BBLake before moving up to Gardnerville.

Where abouts are you going to be ... and what will you do Thursday and Friday b4 the opener ... just get all excited and nervous like I would?

retired96
04-07-2010, 01:18 PM
Believe it or not I have never eaten at Jacks. I always camp in French Camp in Rock Creek. I always go up 3-4 days before the opener. Will fish the Upper Owens above Benton Crossing, but will spend most of the time target shooting with my guns out in the boondocks. I have almost 20,000 bullets loaded and will spend hours shooting before the opener....

fishtacomag
04-07-2010, 04:24 PM
going up on Thursday, have a few spots I will try for various species. Will stay in bishop thursday night and plan on fishing the owens on Friday with Marlon Meade. Marlon will be able to fish for the first time in a long time on Friday as Berkley will NOT have their big tent as you get into Bishop like most years. Then will fish Gull on Saturday and home on Sunday after a little fishing somewhere. Been going since 1976 and plan on getting my new 2# test on next week in preperation.
Hopefully/Maybe will get the chance to fish with Smitty??? or at least have a beverage or lunch with him
can not wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!