PDA

View Full Version : perris lake crankbait spots/colors ?

lilmystery246
04-06-2010, 07:06 PM
hello guys im thinking of hitting up perris on my boat tommorow and i was wondering if you guys can help me with a little tips? im taking a dropshot rod,a carolina rigged rod and a crank bait rod . any tips on good spots? or colors? im thinking of trying out the dam. thanks in advance

Stormcrow
04-06-2010, 07:17 PM
If I had to choose one crankbait for Perris it would be a Crawfish colored Rattle Trap. Crawfish or Rayburn Red.

Its a good search bait
It can be fished at different depths
Its a great post spawn bait

I hope that helps you bro.

lilmystery246
04-07-2010, 12:34 AM
thank you i just happen to have the right lure :] ill try it thanks!

lilmystery246
04-07-2010, 03:09 PM
hey guys well didnt go today so i decided to go tommorow :] going to slay some bass hopefully with your help? :] any more tips? for big spawners?

DarkShadow
04-07-2010, 03:54 PM
Msytery,

After reading your reports of catching the largemouth in highly pressured waters, I have confidence that you can create a game plan based on your experiences.

I've found when you go asking people for colors and types of baits and spots, you end up trying to catch someone else's fish and you take yourself out of your own game plan.

It took forever to realize this, and I wish somebody had told me this so I didn't spend years chasing other people's fish.

Go out there and use your intuition to get on these fish. Use your previous experiences at other lakes to create a game plan that you yourself design. Build from your successes, and have confidence in your ability, and more importantly, fish on your terms, not anybody else's.

Good luck out there. I'm sure you'll get into some greenies.

lilmystery246
04-07-2010, 04:03 PM
doh! you got me! i wanted to find out what everyone was using so i can change it up a bit and try to cath a dd :D your rite bro :]

Stormcrow
04-07-2010, 09:35 PM
You know what? I disagree. Although Darkshadow makes perfect sense, and he is a very smart fellow from what I know of him, I personally don't think there is anything wrong with asking for advice. After all, this website is supposed to be for the sharing of information. Lately, it really has become anything BUT that. Everyone wants to show their fish and increase the size of their E-Penis, but RARELY does anyone give an informational report on water clarity, temperature or even bait selection. Its slowly becoming a bragger board really. Nothing more than the picture board at BPS, just the online version.

You asked for info on crankbait colors, which I gave you. But if you want to catch big spawners a crankbait would be last on my list. Last time I sight fished Perris for spawners I flipped a tube on nests or even a spider jig. Its really just hunting. Hope that helps.

MIKE Q
04-07-2010, 11:20 PM
Msytery,

After reading your reports of catching the largemouth in highly pressured waters, I have confidence that you can create a game plan based on your experiences.

I've found when you go asking people for colors and types of baits and spots, you end up trying to catch someone else's fish and you take yourself out of your own game plan.

It took forever to realize this, and I wish somebody had told me this so I didn't spend years chasing other people's fish.

Go out there and use your intuition to get on these fish. Use your previous experiences at other lakes to create a game plan that you yourself design. Build from your successes, and have confidence in your ability, and more importantly, fish on your terms, not anybody else's.

Good luck out there. I'm sure you'll get into some greenies. Well said Darkshadow, but I believe a little advice doesn't hurt at times. Good luck out there Lilmystery and do what you do best bro.

WARRIORMIKE
04-08-2010, 10:11 PM
I have to agree what DS mentioned Fish your own style and baits. You have the gear and the tools. Just go out and fish. Perris is not a complicated lake. If you have a general sense of fishing knowledge, you should have no problem hitting between 20-50 fish for the day.

lurk 182
04-08-2010, 10:23 PM
you want pre-spawners, they're fatter. i like it that you want to fish a crank out there, obviously you do have some kind of game plan. its important to try new techniques to get comfortable if you find yourself in a situation where that technique is working. it took a little while for me to learn to pitch, but there were days when i wasn't getting bit with my giant splashdown casts while my buddies put fish in the boat. i made myself learn after that. i think its sometimes important to stick with a game plan rather than going back to what you're comfortable with. i think DS is saying you need to let the fish tell you what they want but i think you know that. some days i fish techniques that i know are going to produce less bites to try to get big bites. whatever floats you're boat, some people dropshot a 4 1/2" roboworm on 4lb flouro all year, that's ok too.