PDA

View Full Version : Silver Lake (Eastern Sierras)

reloanman
04-06-2010, 04:02 PM
Some friends and myself will be going to Silver Lake the end of the month to do some fishing. This will be our first time there,as we fished Convict last year. We did well, but we thought we would try some new places this year. Anyone on here give me some pointers on what areas to fish on Silver, and Rush Creek? Thanks in advance guys.

Deron

BrokenLine
04-08-2010, 04:37 PM
I've been fishing Silver on the opener for years. I always fish from a boat but every year you see nice fish come from shore. There are always people fishing from shore along the road but I think it's better from shore by the boat ramp and where the stream dumps in. Also if you can hoof it around to where the cabins are that can be good. The area in front of the cabins is best for trolling year in and year out. About 30 - 50 ft. from shore as the bottom drops off. I'm trying to find out the conditions of the lake. Lots of snow this year. Hopefully the lake will be clear. Good luck.

Big Country
04-08-2010, 04:55 PM
If you are going all the way to the loop, just don't limit yourselves to Silver & Rush...Grant, Gull and June are all within a few minutes of Silver and you'll catch fish and very different scenery at each place.

flytyingreloader
04-09-2010, 12:02 AM
I won't be there for Opening Weekend, but might head that way during the following week. SWMBO has made noises about wanting to fish with the Husband very soon--translated, that means she lounges on the prow cushion while I run the boat and tend her tackle. My job is to wake her up when a fish hits--she fights the fish--I unbutton the hook for release. Yes, she is spoiled rotten.

I also like that drop-off area outside the boat launch and beach, and troll past that about halfway up (southbound) along the roadway about 150 feet out from shore.

reloanman
04-09-2010, 08:57 AM
Hey, thanks guys for all the great information. Looking forward to having a great time around the loop.

Trout-Slayer77
04-09-2010, 11:45 AM
Try Gull lake from a boat near the big rock cliff, they plant lots of big trout in gull for the opener.
also June lake is really good...There are also a few brown, brook and cutthroat trout in there too. Best fishing spots are around Boulder Lodge and near the swim beach at the north end of the lake.

Joshua
04-09-2010, 01:11 PM
I fished Silver Lake a couple weeks ago. Alot of ice. Had to focus on the inlet/outlet and some of the other shallow areas that were thawed These were the only areas that were ice free. It was WFO.

retired96
04-09-2010, 03:58 PM
Joshua, would you like to explain how you fished Silver Lake a few weeks ago considering the season doesn't open until 4/24. From your post it obvious you don't follow the rules or regulations...

Rubble
04-09-2010, 09:50 PM
Be sure to fish Rush Creek upstream from the campround,starting at the pool with the picnic table.......
Nice stretch to dab some eggs or throw Panthers,etc.,pretty too......

Joshua
04-10-2010, 05:00 AM
Joshua, would you like to explain how you fished Silver Lake a few weeks ago considering the season doesn't open until 4/24. From your post it obvious you don't follow the rules or regulations...
The bite is awesome right after thaw. The fish go on the Chew. I dont like to fish with the large crowds.

retired96
04-10-2010, 01:35 PM
The bite is awesome right after thaw. The fish go on the Chew. I dont like to fish with the large crowds.

No one likes to fish in crowded conditions but that doesn't give someone a sorry excuse to fish when the season is closed to fishing in areas of the Eastern Sierras...

flytyingreloader
04-10-2010, 02:51 PM
I fished Silver Lake a couple weeks ago. Alot of ice. Had to focus on the inlet/outlet and some of the other shallow areas that were thawed These were the only areas that were ice free. It was WFO.

Uh, WTF? You're kidding, right?

reloanman
04-10-2010, 07:45 PM
Thanks Rubble. I was hoping to get some info on Rush Creek. I will definetly try that!

Joshua
04-11-2010, 01:52 PM
Uh, WTF? You're kidding, right?
Yes I am kidding. :LOL::LOL:I was bored and wanted to see how many people would dogpile on me
I AM KIDDING. I do not fish out of season. I do not take over limits (C&R)
Thanks for playing. You see what happens when I cant go fishing:Twisted::Twisted:

flytyingreloader
04-11-2010, 06:28 PM
Awright--you gonna C&R me, too?

smokinflies
04-12-2010, 11:33 AM
Tight lines at Silver Lake.

It's an awesome little lake to fish.

I've been fishing Silver on the opener for years. I always fish from a boat but every year you see nice fish come from shore. There are always people fishing from shore along the road but I think it's better from shore by the boat ramp and where the stream dumps in. Also if you can hoof it around to where the cabins are that can be good. The area in front of the cabins is best for trolling year in and year out. About 30 - 50 ft. from shore as the bottom drops off. I'm trying to find out the conditions of the lake. Lots of snow this year. Hopefully the lake will be clear. Good luck.

X2