PDA

View Full Version : Tubing Pudd!!!

sonarbp
04-05-2010, 11:56 AM
Hey everyone....going to be tubing Pudd for the first time on Friday. Anyone got any advice on where to launch and what areas to target. Thinking about fishing for crappie and bass. Any help would be great!

Thanks,

sonarbp

HEMAN
04-05-2010, 01:29 PM
i think you can only launch tubes from Sailboat cove. Usually i only see the guys tubing in or near that cove and its opening.

EL_CHIDO
04-05-2010, 01:34 PM
Yup, Sailboat Cove only for tubing. Good luck, I went 2 weeks ago, but got shut out cause of damn boat racing.

MIKE Q
04-05-2010, 02:03 PM
Man, I might need to try that place out with my tube.

Socal Bassman
04-06-2010, 01:33 AM
Sailboat cove is the only place they allow tubers to launch. The farthest I've tubed out there was to the old boat dock where they used to rent out boats. I don't know how much farther beyond that point the lifeguards will allow you to take your tube. There is a nice dropoff at the mouth of sailboat cove. I've had luck fishing the old boat dock, the 2 boat docks closest to the back of Sailboat Cove, and the submerged timber near the back of the cove for crappies. Yellow/white and shad colored crappie jigs with a 1/32oz. leadhead has always been productive for me there.