PDA

View Full Version : Corona Lake wide open easter bite!

Matt44
04-05-2010, 10:48 AM
so originally had planned on gettin out there saturday but couldnt end up making it. sunday didnt start off much better. I set my alarm for 4 am of course i must have not turned it on because it didnt go off. so i roll out of bed at 530 kinda pissed off at myself. i had everything ready to go though ice chest packed and pools ready! my girlfriend and i get to corona at about 655 and i rent a row boat. we got to the spot about 720 we fished around the stock tube. caught 8 fish on the Sparkle Red Salmon egg Powerbait dipped in the nitro garlic gravy! caught 1 on an orange trout trap stinger! and 1 on the garlic powerbait dipped in gravy! it was wide open we were off the lake by 11:30. all the fish were nice pink meated fish from jess ranch. all in about the pound and a half to two pound range. nice fighting fish really, very active.even released a couple of 11 inchers on the trout traps. all in all it was a great day on the water, made for an even better dinner. keep your lines tight. thanks for readin. and from now on i fish with a camera for the threads :)

chad
04-05-2010, 03:41 PM
My boy and I seen ya out there. good job on the trout. watch out on the releaseing of fish they will ban you from the lake for 6 months. even though your ticket you buy for $22 says nothing about releasing trout?

Matt44
04-05-2010, 04:30 PM
Ya man they werent worthy of keeping at all. and they were perfectly fine i saw them off. but i know they discourage it. if i get banned ill just go to the vine lol

Matt

troutdog
04-05-2010, 04:34 PM
Sounds like it didn't matter much that you slept in, nice job on your solid catch!

My boy and I seen ya out there. good job on the trout. watch out on the releaseing of fish they will ban you from the lake for 6 months. even though your ticket you buy for $22 says nothing about releasing trout?

Yet you can go to Sarl on any given day and watch security wave to guys fishing 5 rods :LOL:

TD

JAG107
04-05-2010, 04:49 PM
Great report! Don't sweat the fingerlings, I don't see the staff making any big deal out of it even if they caught you, as long as you only took your limit. I see guys all the time shaking off the babies right in plain sight, nobody says anything.

Big Daddy
04-06-2010, 10:18 AM
Great job on the trout, you guys did well I love the Pink Meat

Big Daddy

Fisherman57
04-06-2010, 10:54 AM
so originally had planned on gettin out there saturday but couldnt end up making it. sunday didnt start off much better. I set my alarm for 4 am of course i must have not turned it on because it didnt go off. so i roll out of bed at 530 kinda pissed off at myself. i had everything ready to go though ice chest packed and pools ready! my girlfriend and i get to corona at about 655 and i rent a row boat. we got to the spot about 720 we fished around the stock tube. caught 8 fish on the Sparkle Red Salmon egg Powerbait dipped in the nitro garlic gravy! caught 1 on an orange trout trap stinger! and 1 on the garlic powerbait dipped in gravy! it was wide open we were off the lake by 11:30. all the fish were nice pink meated fish from jess ranch. all in about the pound and a half to two pound range. nice fighting fish really, very active.even released a couple of 11 inchers on the trout traps. all in all it was a great day on the water, made for an even better dinner. keep your lines tight. thanks for readin. and from now on i fish with a camera for the threads :)

Congrats on a very productive day!
Looking forward to the next report with more photos!

I think the rules they have posted on their website and at the lake say something about it.......
http://fishinglakes.com/sarl_info.htm

Ya man they werent worthy of keeping at all. and they were perfectly fine i saw them off. but i know they discourage it. if i get banned ill just go to the vine lol

Matt

Huh? Irvine has a "no catch & release" policy on trout as well. Why even break the rules?

Sounds like it didn't matter much that you slept in, nice job on your solid catch!

Yet you can go to Sarl on any given day and watch security wave to guys fishing 5 rods :LOL:

TD

Really TD?
Next time get ahold of "Craig" or "Greg" at SARL and point out the security person who's observing that and not taking any action. I'm confident they'd like to know. Why let people break lake rules and catch the fish you paid $22.00 to have the opportunity to catch WITHIN the rules?