PDA

View Full Version : Casitas Easter Egg Hunt 4-4-10

McFingers
04-04-2010, 08:46 PM
Easter "Egg"Hunting today @ casitas. No eggs, just sperm. Caught 2 males. They were nice too, first one was 2.64 and the second was 2.58.

Windy as hell. As soon as the wind died, I cast farther, and i caught fish. Got a really nice SLAM on a senko when it was windy, but the hook didn't set well enough.

Pictures Below

First one @ 2.64
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh192/McFingers2003/Fishing/Casitas%204-4-10/DSC00996.jpg

Second one @ 2.58
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh192/McFingers2003/Fishing/Casitas%204-4-10/DSC00997.jpg

There was a casualty today though....sometime between Wednesday and Today...my camera got fataly wounded. It only does its 4 main functions. Turns on, takes pictures, takes videos, turns of.

I cant access any of the menus, it tries to delete photo's when i want to review them....ugh, time to get a new one when this one takes a crap. Its like 6 years old anyway so...no biggie they are cheap now.

ALSO>>>!!!!*$&#($

Funny as hell....Casitas was P A C K E D today. SOO many bar-b-ques. I was driving to the spot, and I saw a pickup with NO JOKE 10+ people in the back. Then i heard some drums. I'm like "Drums, in the pickup?"

Then I see 2 people pull out trumpets and one pull out a trombone and I'm like "Oh no here we go!"

BRRR BRR BRR BRR BRRRPPP DUN DUN DUN

Mariachi Music from 10+ people in the back of a pickup. 2 stereotypes for the price of 1!! I laughed so hard I had to stop my car. It was EPIC.

Hope everyone had a happy Easter!!

LuvThymetal
04-04-2010, 09:03 PM
You always catch some pretty nice sizes every time you go out there man, good job !!

SC400DUDE
04-05-2010, 08:12 AM
Nice goin again Mcfingers,

I have yet to run into you out there dude...I fish up there betweem 2-4 times a week. We also fished yesterday up there, but from a boat. We managed 11 from 7-noon...and yes, it was packed. I also noticed that banda in the back of that truck...lol classic dude.

The bite was slower yesterday. A cold front blew through right in the middle of our morning fishing session. Then it calmed down, and then picked back up again.

Ray Lopez
04-05-2010, 09:37 AM
looks like you are starting to get that place dailed in my friend. Glad to see more reports from ya landing some good bass. Can't wait to read a epic casistas report from ya soon. Keep up the hard work and it will pay off nicely!!!!!!!!!!!

bassinnut
04-05-2010, 12:11 PM
Nice chunks there dude. Casitas is very popular for camping and day use. Its always packed during the summer

McFingers
04-05-2010, 02:13 PM
You always catch some pretty nice sizes every time you go out there man, good job !!

Thanks. I used some tips from RayLo, Bassinnut, and SC400DUDE. They helped alot. Plus I have just been putting my time in on different spots. Got the skunk on a different spot on Friday, but one bite and saw a 4lber in REAL close looking for food.

Nice goin again Mcfingers,

I have yet to run into you out there dude...I fish up there betweem 2-4 times a week. We also fished yesterday up there, but from a boat. We managed 11 from 7-noon...and yes, it was packed. I also noticed that banda in the back of that truck...lol classic dude.

The bite was slower yesterday. A cold front blew through right in the middle of our morning fishing session. Then it calmed down, and then picked back up again.

Yeah...it was windy as hell and I wasnt getting anything on the drop shot. I switched to a orange with green/red flake 5' senko, texas rigged with a bead between the weight and worm for sound. Hit on first cast. Then switched it up to a 6" FAT Straight tail Margarita Robo. Worked like a charm. Wind died down, thats when I got the bites. But DAMN were my hands numb by the time i left lol. They were jumping where I was at, and they werent carp, cause they were only big boils or semi-jumps.

looks like you are starting to get that place dailed in my friend. Glad to see more reports from ya landing some good bass. Can't wait to read a epic casistas report from ya soon. Keep up the hard work and it will pay off nicely!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, Im trying to get a DD from there, but its hard without a boat. Time to start saving that money!!!

Nice chunks there dude. Casitas is very popular for camping and day use. Its always packed during the summer

Yeah, its good though. Gives lots of money to keep that place clean and in good order. Rangers keep the riff-raff out so that its a pleasant experience for everyone. I put my $100 in for a yearly pass....only 8 more times to go before I justify the pricetag.