PDA

View Full Version : Big Bear 4/3/10

Fish Bouncer
04-04-2010, 08:17 PM
So we started off in Fawnskin and some guys had the place locked down so we headed to Juniper Point. Two hours and nothing. So we get some lunch and head down to Boulder Bay. Second cast and bam a nice 2 lb rainbow with full tail hit a mini jig. Move down to where there some kids and some shady guy fishing and bam another bow same jig but smaller 1 lb. Both of them had full tails. Anyway, the shady guy turns out to be some Armenian dude who was up to no good. He was throwing lures in as if it was dough bait, he would just let the lures lay there and not reel it in. My buddy noticed he had a throw net. Anyway there were 6 of these Armenian dudes, five of them were hanging out on the shore of an empty house that was for sale. It was really weird. The guy left and 5 minutes later the Game Warden shows up. We told him about the Armenian guy and how he had a net and his strange fishing method, and also told him what house they were at. Funny how they all disappeared when the warden came around.

Poseidon
04-05-2010, 12:02 AM
i smell a RAT here, and is it any of your business what they were doing?

fishfan7642
04-05-2010, 05:43 AM
It is my business, it should be urs too as it only takes one bad egg to ruin things for everyone. If someone was robbing your neighbors house would you not call someone? A throw net and spawning trout = bullshit.....You can call me a rat all you want, for all I know ur the pissed off cheater with the net.

Fish Bouncer
04-05-2010, 07:04 AM
I paid for my fishing license, so yes it is my business.

Vlkter
04-05-2010, 09:25 AM

So you must be 1 of 6 Armenian dudes LOL

Ray Lopez
04-05-2010, 09:35 AM
A good angler will rat out anyone doing something that hurts the fishery. Or hurts the lake in general.

I myself called on a bunch of kids that were breaking apart the new aerator system at my local lake twice last time i was out on my tube.

It's all our business when someone is harming a fishery hence the reason we have the DFG and the Police.

As everyone else has said you seem like one of the guilty party.

Remember folks Throw nets are Illegal to use in the state of California!!!!!!!

Poseidon
04-05-2010, 09:46 AM
No rather than rating them out why dont u just go and tell them what they are doing wrong, and if they continue you will call the Game Warden

Fish Bouncer
04-05-2010, 09:58 AM
He did not use the throw net but he had it with him. I suspect he was going to use it but he didnt because we were there. If he had used it I would have told him. We just told the warden about them because were leaving and wanted him to know so he could continue to patrol the area.

FSHNLIC
04-06-2010, 07:51 PM
These AHoles know right from wrong.... They are jeopardizing a great fishery for all!!! Great job there Fish Bouncer I most certainly appreciate it..... I personally would love to see these tributary portions of the lake strictly catch and release from March 1 - May 1

Trout 1
04-06-2010, 08:00 PM

If someone is breaking the law around me I tell them what they are doing wrong and tell the Wardens... IMO if you dont know the Fish and Game laws DON'T fish.....

Trout 1

Trout 1
04-06-2010, 08:00 PM
So we started off in Fawnskin and some guys had the place locked down so we headed to Juniper Point. Two hours and nothing. So we get some lunch and head down to Boulder Bay. Second cast and bam a nice 2 lb rainbow with full tail hit a mini jig. Move down to where there some kids and some shady guy fishing and bam another bow same jig but smaller 1 lb. Both of them had full tails. Anyway, the shady guy turns out to be some Armenian dude who was up to no good. He was throwing lures in as if it was dough bait, he would just let the lures lay there and not reel it in. My buddy noticed he had a throw net. Anyway there were 6 of these Armenian dudes, five of them were hanging out on the shore of an empty house that was for sale. It was really weird. The guy left and 5 minutes later the Game Warden shows up. We told him about the Armenian guy and how he had a net and his strange fishing method, and also told him what house they were at. Funny how they all disappeared when the warden came around.

Thanks for the report man...

Trout 1

skunkmaster
04-06-2010, 10:01 PM
Good job letting the warden know. Sometimes it's just not worth it to get into a confrontation yourself. Let the game warden figure it out.

Poseidon
04-07-2010, 12:14 AM
Trout 1
GET A LIFE lmao

BrandonFish
04-07-2010, 12:22 AM
Great report glad to hear you caught some fish i might go this week to bishop

Trout 1
GET A LIFE lmao

yet you have nothing better to do but call people a rat
Great life your living the dream

bowler
04-09-2010, 02:13 PM
Here is something you might want to read about big bear lake.
Big Mike's Reel Fishing

The objective of our fishing report is to provide our lake users with up-to-date information and to help our anglers on what's working where and when. It is important for everyone to remember that fish have minds of their own and everyday is not going to be the same as the last, but being flexible is vital to consistently catching not just consistently fishing. It is also important to remember that the person providing this information is a fisherman himself and sizes and weights vary slightly from the truth depending on how many times the story has been told.

April 7, 2010
So here we go for another season of my wonderful fishing report. I do have some good news and I have some bad news to relay to you folks.

Good news first; fishing is fantastic this spring for trout and people are getting limits in 15 minutes with both arms tied behind their back.

Bad news is; it seems that folk have lost their minds and are scooping up fish with nets, hitting them in the heads with rocks, and catching over limits like it is the thing to do.

This kind of stuff after a hard year of fishing tends to make me crazy and wonder about people’s ethics these days. So I have a bit of a problem with poachers here on Big Bear Lake this spring. I do want to thank DFG and the locals that have discouraged the resource-robbers who take more fish than allowed by law. I have heard some great news about our lake stewards like Mr. Bob and Mrs. Loran throwing rocks at the culprits and the folks that tried to shoot my staff that were moving fish to open water that we stuck upstream. I also am O.K. with (hey, they should have worn their uniforms that day).

The season seems to be shaping up very well as far as number of fish being delivered by my friends at DFG and tournament stocking is on the slate to happen as normal. Holdover fish are losing their minds trying to swim up to the top of Bear Mountain Resorts to see the view or something.

Spring is for catching on Big Bear Lake and this season won’t be any different than years past. You can train a monkey to catch fish here in the spring. Just think; slopes are still open you can catch some air and fish all in one trip.
Good luck!

Troutman65
04-09-2010, 02:28 PM
Nice report & congrats on your trout. You did the right thing.:Cool::Wink:

Poseidon, Not sure where your comming from :???::Confused:

Bowler , thanks for posting .:Cool:

Simplyeman
04-09-2010, 03:09 PM
Takes a few bad seeds to make a whole group look bad. Then again you really didn't see him use the cast net. I personally wouldn't approach anyone to let them know what they are doing is wrong. The smarter thing to do is contact local authorities, whoever the hell that may be. You don't walk into a bank to disarm a criminal because what they are doing is illegal you, but rather call the police.

Posseidon....you make no sense.

Cameron
04-10-2010, 08:44 AM
I recently moved up here to this beautiful place.I have been approached by the warden so I know they are doing there part.The problem lies with the responsible fisherman to observe & keep our fisheries in tact.
I see many people up here getting away with "bad" behavior on the lake.
I dont go out looking for people breaking the rules & go & tell.Just seems wrong to me.I do pick up all the left over line,trash,cans & other refuse from this beautiful place that all these knuckleheads leave behind while robbing our fishery.

No rather than ratting them out why dont u just go and tell them what they are doing wrong, and if they continue you will call the Game Warden . I find myself kinda on the fence with Poseidon on this one.Give em a chance to know they are wrong then inform a Warden.

Now if you all will excuse me I have to find my long dip net & a bat.Have a great weekend
Please take some trash with ya when ya leave the mountain.........every lil bit helps.:Idea:

Marine_Michael
04-10-2010, 11:03 AM
I love how a couple of you are jumping to the defense of the suspected poachers. Yes he could have mentioned to them that what they were doing was wrong. That confrontation could have ended peacefully with the person thanking him for letting know, or the more likely situation is at the very least an argument and possible violence.

I'd be willing to bet that the guy knew using the cast net is wrong. The other guys were obviously lookouts from the way they all scattered right before the warden got there. Do you really think that was coincidence?

Troutman65
04-10-2010, 12:01 PM
Scattered like cockroaches . :LOL:

Cameron
04-10-2010, 01:58 PM
i hope i didnt give the wrong impression.Im not saying that ratting someone out is wrong when they are obviously breaking the law.What Im trying to say is that I wouldnt do it myself unless I saw a warden close by,but then im sure he would already see em to.You know them wardens take a stealth class to sneak up on ur ***.
Now pick up ur trash folks............Im gonna get back this windy day up here & prepare for snow again.:Big Grin:

Trout 1
04-11-2010, 05:56 PM
Trout 1
GET A LIFE lmao

Hey u know what you dont freaking know me man so dont tell me to get a life....... You are prbly the type of person to to help a snagger net a snagged fish.....

Trout 1