PDA

View Full Version : Grandpa, Father, and Son, at castaic 04/02

fishfinder
04-04-2010, 12:42 PM
Got to the lake early and was the 4th boat on the water. Went straight to the bouy line for some bait and wait. Bait choices were Sardines, anchovies, and some live blood worms.
I was the first to connect this morning with this nice 3lb 3 oz striper on a bloodworm.
It was a little slow at first, but then I was rewarded for my patientce with another 3 lb 2 oz striper.
After a few fish in our first location, we decided it was time to go to shore and stretch our legs. Then we decided to go a little further out on the bouy line. And after about ten minutes it paid off. For about 20 minutes the bite went W/O, and we all pulled in a few fish each. Total count for the day was 13 fish, all kept to be eaten. (not all in pics, cause grandpa took 5 home with him)
Saw a lot of members out there too. T.O. was out there putting a hurting on mister striper. I saw the pirate crew, and others from the board as well. My friend Larry was out there also, but doesn't like to sit at the bouy line, got himself some nice fish also. After fishing we stopped at the pizza factory, for an extra large pepperoni pizza.

marzocchi
04-04-2010, 01:09 PM
Very Nice fishfinder. Glad to see you got some nice ones.

Eat Sleep Fish
04-04-2010, 02:18 PM
Great job out there. Good to see some action at the old buoy line.

I wanna make it out there tomorrow but don't know what the wind might be like. Looks like it's gonna be a windy one. Anyone else going??

Fishbones
04-04-2010, 03:03 PM
great report....goos times for sure....cant wait to make it out there again soon.

stphnman20
04-04-2010, 04:03 PM
Good stuff man..

LuvThymetal
04-04-2010, 09:15 PM
Nice report, great job on the fish !

Shock
04-05-2010, 09:56 AM
Good job ou there man!