PDA

View Full Version : Fishing with Mondo21 and showing the Team 57 spirit.....

Native Gal
04-04-2010, 10:34 AM
Hey fish'n gals and guys : ) ,
Happy Easter to all and your families.
Well finally hit up Irvine with Mondo21, been a long time in planning our fish'n rendezvous. Thanks Cindy for meeting up with me it was an xlnt time on the water. Got to the lake after 6:30 and waited in line with the crowd still trying to get in, was a good turnout out friday. Finally go to use my raffle prize from our last 57 get together, my lake pass.
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh255/mleegal66/NG%20n%20Mondo21%20Irvine%20Lk%204%202%202010/CIMG1915.jpg
Made the long drive down to the waters edge (boat dock cove) and set up next to Cindy. Was ready to get our slayyy on, hmmmm....
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh255/mleegal66/NG%20n%20Mondo21%20Irvine%20Lk%204%202%202010/CIMG1920.jpg
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh255/mleegal66/NG%20n%20Mondo21%20Irvine%20Lk%204%202%202010/CIMG1921.jpg

We started out with egg/worm combo, 15-20ft out and got most of our hits of the day up to 11:00 on this set up. Fishing was slowww for the day and others I talked to said it was slow around the lake. The fish were hitting the baits softly, no aggressive takers for the day. The company was good and we had enough snacks, there was a slight breeze all day but was still a lovely day overall to be out fishing. Saw the stocking truck load up the kids pond and he made a drop off around trout island and the flats I was told by a guy who followed the truck.

Cindy said the kid next to us looked bored and we noticed their fishing set up needed to be changed. So she calls the father and son over and changes their set up so hopefully the kid could get on a fish. They got some hits and when Cindy hooked up a nice trout she had the kid come over and reel it in. Later when I had a good fighter on I called him over to reel it in. Took some pixs and he was a happy camper. Later Cindy said the kid was not too emotional, calm, quiet type. I said "you should have seen the HUGE smile on his face though when he reeled in our fish".
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh255/mleegal66/NG%20n%20Mondo21%20Irvine%20Lk%204%202%202010/CIMG1918.jpg
Kid with Cindy's fish...
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh255/mleegal66/NG%20n%20Mondo21%20Irvine%20Lk%204%202%202010/CIMG1917.jpg
He brought my fish in.....
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh255/mleegal66/NG%20n%20Mondo21%20Irvine%20Lk%204%202%202010/CIMG1919.jpg

His dad said he brought his son out because he has taken an interest in fishing. So he asked us some questions and we kept trying to get him to go over to the kids pond. They went around noon and we sent him over with crawlers, chovie & mack bits. He was surprised to see how much different tackle and baits we had. They had a lil tackle box with a few supplies but he got an idea of the general stuff to stock up on now.

Fishing was slowww for the day and around noon Cindy kept changing bait, the fish were finicky and we couldn't find out what they wanted, thanks recent storm front. Despite the slow day the company was good and the day was beautiful and the best part of the day for me Cindy was helping the kid out and letting him reel in the fish, Team 57 spirit, gotta love it. So at the end of the day I went over to check on the father/son team and they caught a nice 3 lb cat, the dad had alot of good questions for a beginner and he said he is planning on taking his son out to a variety of lakes. I told him when his is at Irvine to look for Team 57 peeps who would be more than willing to help his son out, we LOVE fishing but more importantly we LOVE helping others out.

As I was cleaning the fish I noted most of the limits were those out on boats, they all had nice 4+ lbers, nice looking fish too. Mine ended up on the grill sat afteroon when I went to an Easter BBQ I was invited too, all the men were like "where did you get those nice trout?". I have plans to hit up Irvine in a few weeks with some of them, yay!!! I forgot my seasonings and butter so I just sprinkled some S & P on the inside and poured some pico de gallo on the inside and out and wrapped them in foil, told the grill master to slow cook em and after 30 mins they cooked up xlnt. Some good tasting trout they were.

Cindy thanks again for the xlnt company, snacks and sharing the Team 57 spirit, we made that kid happy for the day, and the dad too with our fishing knowledge.....:Thumbs Up:.
Thanks for reading ya'll.

Tight Lines,
NG
:Envious:

Mondo21
04-04-2010, 12:21 PM
I can't wait to fish with you and the Team 57 Gang at the kiddie Pole Event. I will probably be back to Irvine before then though. Ha! Ha!
It did my heart good to help out Cesar and his Dad. We much fish together more often, before you move away. Thanks, Girl. Talk to you soon.
Happy Easter to all. Cindy:Big Smile:

troutdog
04-04-2010, 10:13 PM
Nice breakdown of the day NG, your trout recipe sounds good! Where ya movin? :Sad: Hopefully not too far, see ya at the lake!

TD

MAN VS WILD
04-04-2010, 10:32 PM
That was a nice report NG. Looks like it was a great day on the lake for you guys.

FISH ON!!!

lalo56
04-04-2010, 11:08 PM
Very cool of you gals. Thank you for sharing your day with us.

Eddie

TroutOnly
04-05-2010, 09:31 AM
N/G - M/21- THATS WHAT FISHING IS ALL ABOUT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Wingnut
04-05-2010, 05:43 PM
Good job Ladies of the 57 Clan. See you at the Kiddie Pole event! :Big Grin:

pineapple express
04-06-2010, 12:20 PM
wtg NG
sounds like you & mondo21 had a great time even though the ><>N was slow. it's always better to be fishing
than working. always nice to help out a fellow fisher pep. i bet the kid is hooked for life now. that recipe sounds tastee :o)
mahaloz fo sharing
PE

Fisherman57
04-06-2010, 03:45 PM
First and most importantly........ BOTH Mondo21 & NativeGal wrote a couple of great reports about this trip to Irvine......

Since Mondo21 just recently won the weekly Irvine Lake report contest, I'm giving NativeGal the win! Now before everyone yells "foul", I'm sure Cindy will understand...... and Cindy, Im VERY appreciative of ALL your reports and your support to Team 57! YOU KNOW THAT! THANK YOU!

Im trying to make sure as many different people win as possible and I appreciate everyone understanding that! I have lots of passes to give away, so no need to get excited, it's all for fun and Im sure those that keep posting GREAT reports will win more than once! :Wink:

Looks like it was a great day and congratulations!

NativeGal, you are the Week #15 winner of Irvine Lake's
FREE ADMISSION PASS GIVEAWAY!

PM me all your info (Full name & mailing address) and Ill get it mailed to you ASAP!

Dana

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TEAM 57 / FISHING NETWORK EXCLUSIVE CONTEST!

Irvine Lake is teaming up with Fishing Network & Team 57 to reward those who fish "The Vine" and take the time to report their day here on Fishing Network!

Every week, I'll be giving away a FREE pass to the member that posts the best report of the week from Irvine Lake!

EVERY WEEK you'll have a chance to win a FREE pass to Irvine Lake!
www.irvinelake.net (http://www.irvinelake.net/)

Here's some tips that will help you win:

1) Take the time to write a detailed, interesting report!
2) Include lots of clear, interesting & fun photos in your report!
3) Wear your TEAM 57 t-shirt & make sure the TEAM 57 logo shows in your pics for extra points! LOL! :Wink:

Tell us about your day! Show us what you caught, tell us how you caught it, what kind of bait or lure were you using? What kind of rod & reel were you using? What were the conditions? Was it cold? Did you bring friends? How'd they do? Did something crazy happen? Make it interesting!

Again..... this is just ANOTHER example of why it pays to be a Fishing Network / TEAM 57 member!

WINNERS ANNOUNCED EVERY TUESDAY EVENING!

Remember, we have a TEAM 57 event coming up in April at the Irvine Lake Lagoon!
Check out all the details in the "Official Team 57 Events" forum.

If you'd like to attend this event, please send a PM to Fisherman57 asap!

We hope to see you all of you there!

Thanks everyone for your continued support of Fishing Network & Team 57
We have more BIG things planned for 2010!

http://fishinghotpage.com/users/tmp3/banner012z.gif

Mondo21
04-06-2010, 03:50 PM
I'm happy that she won Dana, now I can get her back out to Irvine! Congrats Native Gal :Dancing Banana:
Now we can hit the Flats,that we talked about yesterday. Yeah!

Hitts0n
04-06-2010, 04:31 PM
Congrats to the reporter of the week !

Big Daddy
04-06-2010, 09:20 PM
Great job Native Gal, Great report and Congrats on the weekly win. I think you really deserve it and I know your really good friend (mondo 21 is so happy for you, I can here Cindy now how excited she was for you because Cindy is just a GREAT PERSON) I know you guy's had a great time out there and I hope I get to see you and fish with you real soon.
Take Care and Congrats again

Your Friend,

Big Daddy

sansou
04-06-2010, 09:26 PM
Nice report Native Gal!

I like how you showed up to Easter BBQ with your trout and the guys were asking you where you got it.....ha ha ha!!

Native Gal
04-06-2010, 10:55 PM
Mondo21 - Yeah girl, what a day, we both had huge smiles on our faces when I said the kid had a HUGE smile on his when he reeled in our fish. Special times while out fishing for sure : ). Can't wait to get together and fish again hopefully soon.

troutdog - Thanks! we kept an eye out for ya the whole day :Big Grin:. Yeah this summer I will be moving to Virginia to finally be with my husband again. He took a job with his ol' company and I have Drs' appts til July then I can go out and be with him, yay! I miss my fishing buddy but thankfully I have my 57 family to fish with and keep my happy while we are apart. Looking forward to fishing with you soooooon!!! p.s. can't wait to get to VA and get some East Coast fishing on ..... : )

Man v Wild - Thanks! it was a goooood day. I plan on hitting Gregory up in a week or two. C/ya at the kiddie pole tourney.

lalo56 - It was definitely fun to share our Team 57 spirit experience, thanks!

T.O. - Yeah sharing the love of fishing knowledge, for sure. So ummm, TO when ya gonna share some of that striper slaying knowledge with me....:LOL::Wink::ROFL::Big Smile::ROFL:

Wingnut - Thanks my friend, c/ya at the kiddie pole tourney, it's gonna be gooood!

PE - Thanks! I was glad the fish came out tasting sooo good with just the pico de gallo slathered all over it. The trout was some of the best tasting trout I ever had surprisingly. Hope to fish with ya soon.

Fisherman 57 - Thank you very much Dana for choosing me to get the free pass, much appreciated. I was already planning my next trip back with Mondo21. She called me and left a msg to check my thread, she was so ecstatic that I had to check it immediately. I could tell by her voice that she was happy for me. She is good peeps and we are already planning our next rendezvous back to Irvine or near my neck of the woods up at Big Bear where she has been wanting to go. So I will return to Irvine with Cindy or some of my friends husbands who want to check the lake out as well. Thanks again Dana.

HittsOn- Thanks Hitts! your mom was so excited for me, she is goood peeps.

Big Daddy- Thanks! yeah she was sooooo happy for me and left a very excited, happy msg for me on my cell. She is definitely a woman with a big heart. We kept and eye out for ya also, looking forward to fishing with ya soon also.

Sansou- Thanks! yeah it was fun when I pulled the trout out, they came running over to take a look. They were like those ain't no teeny stockers. I spent most of the day talking with numerous guys about fishing, fresh and salt, and now I am going back to Irvine with 2 of my best friends husbands on the day when they have boat rental specials, soon. It's gonna be on, trout, bass, crappie, wipers, oh yeah! c/ya at the kiddie pole tourney.

Fisherman57
04-07-2010, 03:14 PM
Your FREE pass has been mailed Native Gal!

Congrats again and I look forward to seeing you at the TEAM 57 / FNN "Kiddie Pole Event" on April 23rd!

There's still time to get signed up!
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?42621-Late-Night-At-The-Lagoon-TEAM-57-EXCLUSIVE-EVENT

MAVERICK27
04-07-2010, 03:23 PM
Great report!! I was bass fishing in the boat dock cove and saw you guys when we trolled by, but couldn't get your attention :( Next time, i'll take a time out and come hang with you guys on the shore!!!

Native Gal
04-07-2010, 10:16 PM
MAVERICK27 - Shoulda hollered at us, we kept an eye out all day for 57 peeps, on the shore or on the troll. Woulda been nice to fish with ya, soon my friend, sooon. c/ya a the kiddie pole tourney..... : ) Were you in your boat?, I thought I saw your truck up in the parking lot but wasn't sure.

NG

MAVERICK27
04-07-2010, 11:50 PM
For sure! We'll fish soon and I'll def see you at the kiddie pole event. Yes I was on my tracker. My white Titan wad parked up by the dock. You can actually see it in one of your pics.

Native Gal
04-08-2010, 01:13 AM
Mav-
Thought that was your ride, noticed it when I took a pic earlier. Wish I woulda seen ya, I have Bass tackle with me also all the time.

NG

MAVERICK27
04-08-2010, 06:05 PM
Bass have been on fire. You know it's good when I leave my trout gear home :) I'm headed out tomorrow again

Native Gal
04-08-2010, 07:59 PM
Good Luck Tomorrow Mav, kick some Bass ***, lol
Looking forward to your post.

NG

MAVERICK27
04-10-2010, 12:44 AM
Thanks!! Report posted :)