PDA

View Full Version : Are you using power eggs, power salmon eggs, power nuggets with NC's?

billy b
04-03-2010, 11:32 AM
I see them all in the stores and have heard some people thread 1 or 2 on a worm hook and then put on a NC... maybe some use the crappie bits also.

Who's using them? Do you feel they work better than just an NC? Which ones and colors? Do you use a full NC or half?

Sierra_Smitty
04-05-2010, 11:15 PM
I don't do much in the way of bait fishing but I can say that the combination was extremely productive in my neck of the woods last summer and thus highly recommended by myself and my staff. Orange seemed to be the most popular color for the gulp eggs or clusters. Pink was also very popular. Most folks would use a 1/2 crawler with the egg.

I dunno about the crappie bite idea....but I guess anything is worth a try.

Sierra_Smitty
04-05-2010, 11:16 PM
I don't do much in the way of bait fishing but I can say that the combination was extremely productive in my neck of the woods last summer and thus highly recommended by myself and my staff. Orange seemed to be the most popular color for the gulp eggs or clusters. Pink was also very popular. Most folks would use a 1/2 crawler with the egg.

I dunno about the crappie bite idea....but I guess anything is worth a try.

billy b
04-06-2010, 11:51 AM
Thanks Smitty ...

Which do you recommend ... half a NC ... or baby NC's... or do you care?

Any idea why the egg combo works better than just an inflated NC.

Jimbow
04-06-2010, 05:47 PM
Hi Billy, I've used the white power eggs with great success over the past couple of seasons just floating them off the bottom 12 to 24 inches on a #16 treble prong hook. The yellow color has also worked, but if your a bait fisherman these are great to have in your tackle box. I would estimate that caught 150 trout, browns and rainbows using these eggs last season from Bishop area lakes to So Cal Lakes and I might add that when nobody else seemed to be catching .....these white little balls drove um crazy.

billy b
04-07-2010, 04:57 PM
You guys are talkin regular BERKLEY power eggs ... not Gulp power SALMON eggs right?