PDA

View Full Version : SoCal Environmental Scientists/Health Experts

WaterBound
04-03-2010, 09:17 AM
Are there any environmental scientists or health experts that are willing to discuss the amount of pollutants found here in SoCal waters? I am presently compiling a list of environmental experts to discuss this topic. My friend’s sister completed her doctorate on the amount of DDT off of Long Beach. She also told me about all the DDT off the Oregon coast. That totally killed my steelhead and salmon adventures in Oregon.

Other experts I know are going to retire soon and then are willing to disclose their findings. Any data would be greatly appreciated. You can PM me any info. If you would like to remain anonymous I would respect your wishes.

I would also like to know if anyone who eats fish regularly in SoCal waters has gotten tested for the amount of mercury in their system? If you have, were they able to determine if you are blessed with a genetic predisposition that allows removal of mercury from the lipoprotein in the brain? Some people can dispose of the mercury in their brain while others cannot. I was watching this year's Academy Award winner for best documentary, The Cove, and it stated that recently the FDA found that 25% of all commercially caught fish that was tested in the US was legally too toxic for consumption.

CAPT'N
04-03-2010, 10:31 AM
Contact California State University Long Beach, they have a very strong Marine Biology department there and on Catalina.

The person you want to speak with is CSULB Marine Biology Professor Chris Lowe.

Capt'n