PDA

View Full Version : 4/2 Castaic with T.O. (and the duckhunter...)

kewlwhip
04-03-2010, 06:40 AM
Got to fishing again with T.O. at one of his local striper kill spots Castaic-

Its been a few months since i got to killing and seeing mr stripey blood, so i called up Uncle B to see if he had any scheduled charters- BINGO, i'm in- Told him I would be one of his latest guide shows...

I got to Castaic by 10.45am, I saw Kenny at the tackle shop and he gave up some good info, thanks Kenny! THen i saw T.O. waiting in the marina area- I caught his attention by almost jumping the docks with my truck lol/jk-

Unloaded my gear into the Salmanoid Phenom, and parked my truck. Got in the water by 11am and we were off. We started to see some big boys near the top, and down below, so i pulled out one of my swimbaits, and so did Uncle B (2) ;) Everytime i have something new to show T.O., he has like 10 million more suitable or better ones! hahaha

We did the troll for a few with no hits, and T.O. said he had a spot to bait, noticed that the water clarity was excellent as well- On the way there, we saw Mr stripey, big and small on Bobs finder...We then got to the buoy line, and saw Farmy and the boys slayin and doing there things- We setup and no longer than 5 minutes TO gets hooked up! FISH ON, 1st stripey of the day...soon to follow, i casted out and wham- the stripeys were comning in waves, and almost instantly the boats around us got hooked. Sometimes the waves would come and no hits around all the buoy lines, so maybe they knew the baits=instant bloodshed ahahahahah...

After a few hours, the bite slowed down-- TO's yellow magic rod goes SUPPPPER BENDO- and Uncle B does the deal/fight..."kewly this ones a good one".... -bink' the hook popped- Even the Pro's get popped off once in awhile-

We cast out all freshies again, and this time my rod goes BENDO- instantly after the cast...i fight it in, and told T.O this is a nice one- as it got to the boat, it hammered downward....a few more pulls, and a great net job by T.O.-

woohoo-! The day ended up with a few mr Stripeys for taco's (thanks for the menu the way Susan makes em is the way i'll try~! :Wink:) was making me hungry out there! Uncle B missed a few big boys as they came near the boat, and came unbuttoned...also when i was messing around with one of my swimbaits..."someone followed it up to the boat" what a feeling that was....

Anyways, the bite was somewhat mellow, but they were all there- and the fishing is always GREAT when on board T.O's Guide Services- Glad i got to get my lines wet with ya Uncle B, thanks for having me aboard! Can't wait til the summer- keep some of you dates open/unbooked! hahahah

Til Nextime-

FISH ON!
kewly

pics-

"infamous Buoy line" (remember you can't tie up, so we were anchored to the side, winds kept blowing us towards there-lifeguards came around and gave their warnings- to those tied up they allsplit the spot after the "guards" came through...
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/chronicavenger/IMG00346-20100402-1626.jpg

mr "stripey's" looking at the camera, and seeing "fish taco's"
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/chronicavenger/IMG00345-20100402-1553.jpg

And then there was this little duckling that kept us company for the last hour of the day- was pretty entertaining-
hahhahah...cool colors, made me kinda hungry, so we fed/stuffed him for the last 30 minutes...he was all happy! hahhaah
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/chronicavenger/IMG00348-20100402-1707.jpg

thanks again T.O~ www.troutonly.net for some of the best fishing guides in SoCal- trout, stripers, FISH.

JSAUCE818
04-03-2010, 06:48 AM
good job fellas! T.O. knows his stuff, no doubt about that.

fishinone
04-03-2010, 08:49 AM
Thanks for the report. Nice catch.

I've seen that yellow magic pole in action. I was so inspired that I went out and got an ultralight fiberglass killer of my own. I splurged! 7$ at WalMart. It worked great on Thursday, plus it's Blood colored.:LOL:

I'll be out there this afternoon.:Smile:

valenciamat
04-03-2010, 09:55 AM
Good job guys. I was in that same spot on Wednesday and got nothing.

trail blazer
04-03-2010, 02:46 PM
You picked the best when you picked T,O,,No doubt abought that,,,,,,
GREAT JOB!!!!!!

Il be there tues trying for some stripes myself,,,,,Hope im 1/2 as sucessfull
TRAIL BLAZER

HuskerRod
04-03-2010, 05:25 PM
That duck is no dummy. He knows you stay by a couple guys in a boat and the handouts will be plentiful. He's probably been fed enough bread and lunch scraps to keep a small village in Africa nourished

Fishbones
04-03-2010, 05:37 PM
great report on the water...great job T/O for the fish on deck....he knows his spots...
yeah that duck it a fat boy...

lalo56
04-03-2010, 07:11 PM
Cool, thanks for the report. Cant wait 'til May 5th to have Bob take us out on his guide service.

cutbait
04-03-2010, 08:41 PM
Glad to see you guys had such a good day!

Thats no duckling, nice big mallard.

I do have a question. If the wind blows you into the line will they get upset even though your not tied up?

TroutOnly
04-03-2010, 08:59 PM
NOPE CUTBAIT ,THEY WANT TO BLAME THE FISHERMAN FOR THERE OLD WORN OUT BOUYLINE ITS THE SAME ONE FROM WHEN THE LAKE WAS BRAND NEW,,,,,,,,,KOOLY WE SHOULD HAVE WENT TO PYRAMID YOU WONT BELEAVE HOW MANY STRIPERS I CAUGHT TODAY,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,s/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Wingnut
04-03-2010, 09:16 PM
Nice job Kewly... my turn with Uncle Bob tomorrow! :Wink: :Twisted: :Secret:

cutbait
04-03-2010, 09:52 PM
Thanks T/O.

It sure is nice to have helpful, knowlegdeable advice from a fellow fisherman.

Much appreciated.

GeordyBass
04-03-2010, 10:39 PM
Good Job Kewly and Uncle Bobby!!!!!

I bet it was fun talking bout Bob's WWII Stories and him talkin bout me and the redhead lmao!

troutdog
04-04-2010, 01:08 AM
Sounds like the stripers are hungry up on the I-5, lead the way Bob!!!

Thanks for the report Kewlio,

TD

marzocchi
04-04-2010, 07:42 AM
Very nice report. See you out there one day.

Ray Lopez
04-04-2010, 10:12 AM
good job guys. I need to get on some stripers here soon. It's been quite a few months since I've laid off the LMB and went for some jailbirds. Been talking to REZ about hitting up pyramid after his wedding on our tubes and going for some striper action. But i want to get on a boat and use my umbrella rigs again!!!!!!!!!!!

FINSMACKDOWN
04-04-2010, 01:20 PM
:ROFL:Geordy, nice profile pic! congrats on the PB!

cutbait
04-04-2010, 01:24 PM
:ROFL:Geordy, nice profile pic! congrats on the PB!

That was a home-run

TroutOnly
04-04-2010, 07:11 PM
Sorry c/b that was a grand slam ,jason,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,gayordy,,,,,, ,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Native Gal
04-04-2010, 08:26 PM
Kewly,
Thanks for the great striper report, Congrats on the linesides.

NG

Shock
04-05-2010, 10:07 AM
Nice going on the bait bite!!! Always a good time bs'in with Bob whether the bite is W/O or slow.....

Cutbait, Last time out I was old by the lifeguards that if you are anchored and the wind just "happens" to push you into the buoy line then theres no probem with that!!!

See ya on the water Bob!!! One day, my motor is still down....;(

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-05-2010, 01:00 PM
nice job guys....BUT:
I've seen that little yellow pole that Bobby likes.....Me thinks I'll see it go bendo soon enough BUT to be followed by Mr Toads wild ride then a big "snap"....Hmmmmm....I think I'd pay ta see that : )

ha ha ha

I would have been there to join you guys but I was out big game hunting in the open blue....next time for sure.

Hats off...congrats !
Gary

kpn
04-05-2010, 01:15 PM
Good job out the Kewly & Bob......We were doing ok on Sat afternoon....Kind of slow.

KPN.

kewlwhip
04-05-2010, 03:50 PM
Hey Uncle B- Pyramid??!! ahh mann!!! lolz

thanks for all the replies my fellow fishing friends- NOW GET OUT THERE AND GET SUM BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!

MUAAAHAHAHAH

gary, where ya at?!...we needed some guitar lessons to sway the mallard onto the boat! lolz

MAVERICK27
04-05-2010, 03:57 PM
Nice post! Nice to see the Stipers are still biting!!!

farmacist
04-06-2010, 12:50 PM
Good seeing you guys out there, looks like the bite picked up after we left...as usual. lol

CAPT'N
04-06-2010, 03:08 PM
Nice Uncle B, Fishyboy and I poached your spot Sunday AM, until the stomach bug got Fishyboy. he was starting to chum, so we made an early retreat, but had 6 linsides to take home. Fat schoolies filled with eggs.

NC was the ticket on Sunday.............

Capt'n

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-06-2010, 04:12 PM
Nice Uncle B, Fishyboy and I poached your spot Sunday AM, until the stomach bug got Fishyboy. he was starting to chum, so we made an early retreat, but had 6 linsides to take home. Fat schoolies filled with eggs.

NC was the ticket on Sunday.............

Capt'n
How deep were you anchored ?

Hitts0n
04-06-2010, 04:42 PM
Slaying with the kewl guy!

CAPT'N
04-06-2010, 04:46 PM
Garlic G.

We were in 70 + or - to start. Finished in 45-50.