PDA

View Full Version : taking my 11 year old nephew fishing on wednesday need help with catching stripers

pho boy
04-02-2010, 11:41 AM
take my nephew fishing for stripers he been waiting all year . we will be getting a boat rental . i not sure what to use for stripers , only thing i got right now chicken liver and sardine .small dinks are fine, he would be happy to catch them. any info is helpful. thank in advice :Razz:

DarkShadow
04-02-2010, 12:58 PM
I've never heard of a consistent striper bite at DVL where you can toss chicken liver over the side and Bait and Wait for 'em.

99% of the stripers that I've seen caught at DVL were done so by either trolling large swimbaits around certain areas of the lake, or by guys chucking and winding swimbaits during stocking time.

You'd be better off fishing that chicken liver inside the back of coves and hoping that the big catfish that swim around that place take notice.

SEA ADDICTION
04-02-2010, 03:51 PM
I've never heard of a consistent striper bite at DVL where you can toss chicken liver over the side and Bait and Wait for 'em.

99% of the stripers that I've seen caught at DVL were done so by either trolling large swimbaits around certain areas of the lake, or by guys chucking and winding swimbaits during stocking time.

You'd be better off fishing that chicken liver inside the back of coves and hoping that the big catfish that swim around that place take notice.

Agree, DVL is no chicken liver striper lake... Not yet anyways. Skinner or Silverwood would be your best bet for still fishing the stripers. Silverwood and center cut chovies work well and your sure to catch fish from 2-12lb consistantly off the bouey lines.. Good luck

Gobigal
04-03-2010, 11:23 AM
Pho Boy -

I don't know where you live but Castaic Lake might be your best best bet for still fishing stripers at the west ramp or the buoy line. Try sardines or anchovies and drift or still fish in about 40-50 ft depth. However, this time of year the winds are "freaky" and you need to know the wind report before heading out.

Good luck!

Big Al

Bassnman Mike
04-03-2010, 02:30 PM
I agree that Castaic is a good choice. Another good striper bait and wait lake is Pyramid.

TroutOnly
04-05-2010, 09:22 AM
CASTAIC IS PRETTY GOOD RIGHT NOW, PYRAMID IS ALOT BETTER,,,,,,,BUT THAT CHANGES WEEK TO WEEK,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Ray Lopez
04-05-2010, 10:10 AM
CASTAIC IS PRETTY GOOD RIGHT NOW, PYRAMID IS ALOT BETTER,,,,,,,BUT THAT CHANGES WEEK TO WEEK,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I agree with Bob go to either of these lakes, make the drive it will be worth it. Just keep an eye on the wind.

pho boy
04-06-2010, 09:28 PM
thank you everyone for your help i would have got a big *** skunk with sardine and chicken liver . will couldn't get a boat rental for wednesday all out i call to late . will try to get out there thursday will be trying for bass now and bluegill now .